Pages:
Author

Topic: [KGC] The future is krugercoin and the future is now! [Official Launch] - page 8. (Read 84922 times)

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
edit: I just looked more closely at my *coin machine, and right now krugercoind is taking 20% of one CPU core. I wonder why?

and that is just idle. No idea what its doing, but add it to a pool and have people mining into it, and it'll be 4x-5x more CPU.

The 15 second block time probably doesn't help with resources. Out of the 58 coin wallets I currently have running, KGC has the most blocks (over 2 million - more than double the next highest) and ranks third in overall RAM usage (532MB), and first in resident RAM usage (495MB). Could just be that the db is growing too large and getting out of hand.

Perhaps a redo from source which uses leveldb, and a change to block time (double period) could do the trick. If not, it's only going to get worse.

sounds plausible. fastcoin behaves in a similar fashion and has fast block times and a huge blockchain.  I would think changes as you suggest would help if someone was able to do a hardfork and if it would survive it.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
edit: I just looked more closely at my *coin machine, and right now krugercoind is taking 20% of one CPU core. I wonder why?

and that is just idle. No idea what its doing, but add it to a pool and have people mining into it, and it'll be 4x-5x more CPU.

The 15 second block time probably doesn't help with resources. Out of the 58 coin wallets I currently have running, KGC has the most blocks (over 2 million - more than double the next highest) and ranks third in overall RAM usage (532MB), and first in resident RAM usage (495MB). Could just be that the db is growing too large and getting out of hand.

Perhaps a redo from source which uses leveldb, and a change to block time (double period) could do the trick. If not, it's only going to get worse.
legendary
Are we officially counting this coin as dead, yet? or are there still active pools

The wallet needs some performance fixes before I'll put it back on my pools. It was a huge resource hog.

Interesting, never heard this. Since KGC is just basic PoW it shouldn't be too hard to redo the code by forking from more current source of another coin.

Has anyone else experienced such issues with KGC?

legendary
Are we officially counting this coin as dead, yet? or are there still active pools

The wallet needs some performance fixes before I'll put it back on my pools. It was a huge resource hog.

Interesting, never heard this. Since KGC is just basic PoW it shouldn't be too hard to redo the code by forking from more current source of another coin.

Has anyone else experienced such issues with KGC?

legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 255
HALA MADRID
legendary
Are all the KGC Pools now dead? Is this coin still going? I can still solo mine, but not as effective as a couple of weeks ago.

Where is Nibiru? ( the dev )

Last Active:    April 07, 2014, 09:03:49 PM Undecided

I'm prepared to do any basic maintenance work on this coin (eg adding hardened checkpoints) to keep it going. Can't help with pools, unfortunately.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Are all the KGC Pools now dead? Is this coin still going? I can still solo mine, but not as effective as a couple of weeks ago.

Where is Nibiru? ( the dev )
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
Activity: 673
Merit: 506
http://dutchpool.org now also offers KGC, running NOMP pool at only 1% fee, all pools using vardfiff, no signup needed.
Activity: 129
Merit: 102
pls send to me some node. thks

Krugercoin Nodes:

addnode=70.168.69.115
addnode=76.97.8.5
addnode=84.22.96.60
addnode=98.251.13.2
addnode=71.36.221.235
addnode=89.160.30.4
addnode=71.175.81.45
addnode=82.11.131.231
addnode=54.201.183.106
addnode=86.86.2.19
addnode=76.10.173.5
addnode=87.64.135.34
addnode=84.91.189.231
addnode=95.152.10.67
addnode=94.23.196.92
addnode=84.104.23.68

legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1023
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
pls send to me some node. thks
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
But, where is the dev?

Went to South Africa buying gold.
Activity: 725
Merit: 500

FREE 0% KrugerCoin (KGC) mining pool now available from iSpace Mining Pools

http://ispace.co.uk/coindetails/?coin=kgc

If you need more mining power then check out http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=1928

Smiley

Activity: 269
Merit: 250
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003
NodeMasters
Hi Guys

Just got his email in from Cryptsy

Hello Pjcltd,

I apologize for the delay and inconvenience. Please be advised that KGC is back online. You can now process your deposits and withdraws.

Feel welcome to connect if you have further issues. Make it a great day! Smiley

Sincerely,
Stephanie
Cryptsy.com

I have tested with a deposit of 360 coins
All went well no problems

Let get mining this coin again..
legendary
Cryptsy has this coin offline as they say they have a problem with the wallet and waiting a reply from the dev who looks like AWOL.

I have no problems with the wallet so not sure what their problem is.

I'm wondering that too. Do they just want some evidence of basic maintenance, like an updated hard coded checkpoint?

I told them that DEV is AWOL and if there was anything that the community can do... the wallet seems fine for me.... so not sure what their beef is. I haven't head back.

I had to disable the coin on my pool because it was still being found on cryptsy for my profitability calculations but which are invalid, if we can't sell it.

Cryptsy just got back to me and they've re-enabled!

www.hasher.ca

Cheers and happy hashing!
OLX
Activity: 173
Merit: 108
Krugercoin wallet immediately after launch gives an error

EXCEPTION: 11DbException       
Dbc::get: DB_PAGE_NOTFOUND: Requested page not found       
C:\Krugercoin\krugercoin-qt.exe in Runaway exception       

EnvShutdown exception: DbEnv::close: Invalid argument (22)

does anyone know how to fix?
legendary
Cryptsy has this coin offline as they say they have a problem with the wallet and waiting a reply from the dev who looks like AWOL.

I have no problems with the wallet so not sure what their problem is.

I'm wondering that too. Do they just want some evidence of basic maintenance, like an updated hard coded checkpoint?

I told them that DEV is AWOL and if there was anything that the community can do... the wallet seems fine for me.... so not sure what their beef is. I haven't head back.

I had to disable the coin on my pool because it was still being found on cryptsy for my profitability calculations but which are invalid, if we can't sell it.
Pages:
Jump to: