Pages:
Author

Topic: Klondike - Adapters and Mounting Systems - page 3. (Read 7736 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
No power in the 'verse can stop me.
Activity: 269
4u hangers

I will toss 3 in with your order.
Roll Eyes Oops, that design was private...  It's public now.

lol oops  Grin

well I will either be ordering that plus a couple 4u hangers to experiment with, or the microatx k16 plate/brackets, depending on what I hear from TH

Awesome looking product and great use of the 3d printer, you should do real well with these 
 Roll Eyes Oops, that design was private...  It's public now.

[edit] I meant for it to be public from the start, not private Smiley
I may have to use regular standoffs and put the k64 where a motherboard would go

That's this:

https://tinkercad.com/things/8lIlnen7VQj-k64-microatx

I will be mounting K64's just how you mentioned, since there's no other way to put them in a case.   Three K64's should fit into a 4U case using standoffs (depending on heatsink dimensions).

Actually, i asked TH to add a DX Large case to my order, but haven't heard back...
well how I end up building mine will depend on whether or not TH will change my order to give me k16s instead of the one k64 I have in there.  I may have to use regular standoffs and put the k64 where a motherboard would go and that will waste a ton of space.  I may end up drilling some holes or getting creative with some of the other adapters... looks like I could put those 4u hangers just about anywhere if I drilled a spot for them.

just a thought, is it possible to/have you considered making an expansion plate adapter?  that way people could mount some in the rear area of their case without taking up a pcie slot.
FYI, the case I will be using is here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811182566

Happens to be 15% off today ($81 shipped).

It holds at least ten (maybe up to 15) K16's without using anything but my 3.5", 5.25", and 4U hanging adapters.  Plus it has room for ATX power supply and at least four 120mm - 140mm case fans.
Updated all the designs at Tinkercad in this post:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2626339
It's going to depend on the size of the heatsinks, which no one knows (?) yet.
order placed!  any guesstimate when the atx bracket / plate thing will be available and how much it might cost?

Well it's pretty much ready - but what I originally thought would fit sixteen K16's, is not going to fit that many.  How many do you want to be able to mount?

Isn't more better??  Wink  I saw you had said a dozen above so that's what I was thinking, but 10 would be about as low as I would like.
how much it might cost?

$80 plus $5 shipping.  Any less and it would not be worth making.  It would include the adapter plates (pre-assembled), one adapter per K16, and about 6 pieces of steel hardware per adapter & K16 combo.  At least ten K16's will fit on it and its about 22cm x 22cm.

order placed!  any guesstimate when the atx bracket / plate thing will be available and how much it might cost?

Well it's pretty much ready - but what I originally thought would fit sixteen K16's, is not going to fit that many.  How many do you want to be able to mount?
Now available for purchase via BTC, CC, and PayPal here:

https://cp.virtualvm.com/cart.php

My shopping system is not setup to deal in physical products very well - so please manually add the $5.00 SHIPPING item once per order for all order in the continental United States.  You can choose from USPS Priority or Fedex 2 day.  For all other locations, contact me for a shipping quote.

I've made a bunch of changes and finalized the following designs:

K16 to 3.5" HDD Bay:

Can be mounted in 3 different positions.

K16 to 5.25" Drive Bay:

Can be mounted in 3 different positions.

K16 to ARK 4U case rail:

K16 to PCI Express x16 slot:

These four will be for sale via a website within 48 hours.

The K16 to 3.5" with BTC logo should be ready by then too.
Yup, I can accept PayPal, BTC, and CC's.

I was tweaking a couple adapters yesterday, and now have a working print to mount at least a dozen K16's into the ATX motherboard area of any computer case.   

The dual adapters have a problem with cabling.  When you plug in two PCIEx6 power cables, one or two usb cables, and maybe an i2c cable or two, the boards will be too close and the adapter will be in the way.  I don't think two K16's are going to fit into a 5.25" or 3.5" bay.  I think I'm going to focus more on the other adapters...

I will sell them when I'm confident they will work with the boards that are going to ship.

nice!  i will definitely be in for a few 3.5'' / 5.25'' adapters, and maybe for the atx one as well.  that sucks about the dual adapters but oh well i guess.  i am thinking about dedicating a case to these so i will have room for expansion after i get my first few k16s hashing.  will be keeping an eye on these
how much are those dual k16 adapters going to be?  any idea when you might start selling these?  and maybe the stupid question, but you listed possible prices in usd, will you also be taking btc?
thanks!  Grin

Yup, I can accept PayPal, BTC, and CC's.

I was tweaking a couple adapters yesterday, and now have a working print to mount at least a dozen K16's into the ATX motherboard area of any computer case.   

The dual adapters have a problem with cabling.  When you plug in two PCIEx6 power cables, one or two usb cables, and maybe an i2c cable or two, the boards will be too close and the adapter will be in the way.  I don't think two K16's are going to fit into a 5.25" or 3.5" bay.  I think I'm going to focus more on the other adapters...

I will sell them when I'm confident they will work with the boards that are going to ship.
Activity: 462
I'll have a FORM1 in a month or so.. not sure if its resin holds up to heat better or worse than ABS

Congrats!   I'd love to see your prints.  Smiley

will do, hoping very soon!
how much are those dual k16 adapters going to be?  any idea when you might start selling these?  and maybe the stupid question, but you listed possible prices in usd, will you also be taking btc?
thanks!  Grin
I'll have a FORM1 in a month or so.. not sure if its resin holds up to heat better or worse than ABS

Congrats!   I'd love to see your prints.  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: