Pages:
Author

Topic: Klondike - Adapters and Mounting Systems - page 5. (Read 7736 times)

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000
Hey I guess I should have looked at the thread first lol, great pics,,,and illustration so far... yes i may be interested as well in purchasing. The ideas I had were to use mobo stand offs (the longer ones) for the boards in an empty case and stack 2 maybe 3 vertically (same position as a mobo)...and custom fit decent fans,,,will post pics down the road perhaps. Still waiting on exact board layout for mounting etc k-64's etc. Nice job! very impressive. Luv to see innovation Smiley
Activity: 529
Merit: 501
That's very cool. I guess we will find out if the heatsink with the K16 will fit into a hard drive bay. So far, it looks like it will fit into a plastic Cooler master or Thermaltake caddy, according to my measurements. However, I'm not sure that I would take the chance of putting it into a caddy without a dedicated fan. And, I'm pretty sure a front PC case fan will not be able to move enough air to cool 2-3 K16s. I guess we'll have to do some experimenting, but I might be interested in a few adapters. Nice work.
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
At 20x20cm, I don't know how a K64 could fit into any standard case.
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
very interesting.  might be interested.

do you have any plans to make a k64 version?

Yes. If you can produce a K64 version I might be a potential buyer.

Cheers, looks great so far.
Activity: 308
No power in the 'verse can stop me.
very interesting.  might be interested.

do you have any plans to make a k64 version?
Activity: 269
Update 7/24/2013:
Klondike Mounting Adapters are now available for purchase with immediate shipping!

https://cp.virtualvm.com/cart.php

Hi,

I've created adapters to install Klondike 16 boards into standard tower and rackmount computer cases.  The adapters are 3D printed using ABS plastic.  They're strong, lightweight, and have an accurate fit.  They use common motherboard or hard drive screws for mounting.

When placing an order please add the $5.00 shipping item to your cart.

FYI, the pictures in this post are sort of old, and may not reflect the shipping versions of the adapters.

• #1 Klondike 16 to 3.5" Hard Drive with BTC logo (Vertical and Horizontal) (top left)
  • #2 Klondike 16 to 3.5" Hard Drive brackets only version.  (bottom mounts removed in v3) (top right)
  • #3 Klondike 16 to PCI Express x16 (lower right, above x8 adapter)
  • #4 Klondike 16 to PCI Express x8 (lower right)
  • #5 Klondike 16 to PCI Express upper support bracket. (lower left)
  • 12x Klondike 16 boards in Micro-ATX form factor.
  • K16 to PCI Adapter
  • K16 Dual 3.5" HDD Adapter
  • K16 Dual 5.25" Adapter
  • K16 to PCI Express x4 and x1

Colors available: Black, White, Silver, Blue, Red, Glow in the dark, and Transparent.

Adapters:

Adapter #1:

Adapter #2 Installed in 3.5" HDD Bay with mockup of K16 board:

Adapter #3 Installed in a PCI Express x16 slot:

Adapter #5 in a 4U case:

For sale here:

https://cp.virtualvm.com/cart.php

(I'm using the shopping cart system from a VPS company I run)
Pages:
Jump to: