Pages:
Author

Topic: Know when to stop a HODL/HOLD - page 43. (Read 41099 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 42
AhrvoDEEX FUTURE OF BROKERAGE TRANSACTIONS
August 21, 2018, 12:34:54 PM
Yes, but if you are simply an investor alone for that project. An investor that greatly believes in the project's success along with the cryptocurrency's success over fiat currency. Well, you will be holding off your investments until you see your goal "as an investor" come to life. Because on selling, you are not promoting and supporting the project itself. But as a smart cryptocurrency community member, one should always take away the emotion and think logically. When the market goes down, or when your analization of the chart leads to a bearish market, then it's pretty much obvious to let go and sell a part of your portfolio and wait for a better chance to come back.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
August 21, 2018, 12:33:39 PM
There is no harm in HODL but must know with certainty when we will throw it away. The reason is simple, avoiding losses that are too large and getting profit.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
August 21, 2018, 12:28:15 PM
Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?
Always look at conditions and situations so that it will make us able to make good decisions. Regardless of the situation that occurs, we will not get anything, it is something that must be considered. So if you are a person who is idle, success will move away from you.
Activity: 896
Merit: 102
-= OI =-
August 21, 2018, 12:27:55 PM
for normal situations, i will hodl for 1 or 2 weeks.
But, for now i think i will hodl for long time (stabil situations)
Activity: 532
Merit: 6
August 21, 2018, 12:26:21 PM
knowing the proper mode to invest and hodl and sell is vital for every crypto participants and it is a reason why there is need to be sheer alertness towards your portfolio
Hodl right, hodl tight and stay calm as you avoid every fud or fomos or scares.

Crypto is for the wise and patient.
Always remember that.
Activity: 502
Merit: 100
August 21, 2018, 12:25:37 PM
Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?
Holding when you are losing money is without a doubt a hard thing to do, but do you think that those people have not been in the same position as you? When I bought my bitcoin I found myself several times in negative territory and like you I was very new to this market and the way it moved, but I was convinced of what I did and why I did it so I held, and now a few years later despite the crash I still have profits.

This is why people recommend you to hold because it does not matter that you bought at the all time high, if you hold your coins for long enough and the coins you are holding are good then you will eventually get your money back and eventually you will get profits.

Hold is the best thing to do while you are experiencing losing money , because if you didn't hold your coin it's obvious that you accept the fact that you already lost your money once you sell it on very low price.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Bitcoin is GOD
August 21, 2018, 12:20:32 PM

What are your thoughts?
Holding when you are losing money is without a doubt a hard thing to do, but do you think that those people have not been in the same position as you? When I bought my bitcoin I found myself several times in negative territory and like you I was very new to this market and the way it moved, but I was convinced of what I did and why I did it so I held, and now a few years later despite the crash I still have profits.

This is why people recommend you to hold because it does not matter that you bought at the all time high, if you hold your coins for long enough and the coins you are holding are good then you will eventually get your money back and eventually you will get profits.
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
August 21, 2018, 02:28:59 AM
When I hold some alts I usually try to keep my eye on its price, so I sell when price stars to go down.
Activity: 92
Merit: 0
August 21, 2018, 02:15:57 AM
For beginners, they don't know the analysis of value, they may end up investing in bad times, and then panic and make the wrong decision because of the rapid decline in the market. I hope that beginners can learn more and trade again.
You can grasp the trend of the market, and then choose the investment is the best.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
August 21, 2018, 02:15:46 AM

What are your thoughts?
It is necessary to stop holding when it becomes meaningless and nothing will result as a result. Let's assume the current situation is borderline in the market and you can already consider the exit. But for beginners now to go to the market is also suicide, so it remains to be expected when a full reboot will occur.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
August 21, 2018, 02:12:44 AM
I think newbies don't simply hodl so it does not matter. Just hodl! is good if you hodl bitcoin but otherwise you need to stop hodling one time.
copper member
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
”Decentralized Digital Billboards”
August 21, 2018, 02:02:57 AM

What are your thoughts?
Pages:
Jump to: