Pages:
Author

Topic: [KTK] KryptKoin > [PHR] Phore: check new ANN - page 23. (Read 413544 times)

Activity: 951
Merit: 252
My problem now is I'm not receiving the latest blocks... I have 8 connections to the network and a green check mark saying up to date... but the QT says last generated block was 17 minutes ago and none of the coins I sent to myself are getting confirmations...?
Now its not locking up... but saying "ERROR: Transaction Creation Failed" every time I try to send....

EDIT:

Nevermind... I fixed that problem, I have to do smaller transactions and slowly combine... the problem I'm having now is that I have 8 connections to the network... but last generated block was 27 minutes ago??
I've noticed 2-3 connections, first was 1,55x,xxx and now 1,569,xxx blocks.

The blockchain file I provided is 1,526,165. So if you are staking and minting dust it's causing the
blockchain to increase much quicker or possibly had a longer chain than I provided. Although the
coin supply is not increasing by much!

Even the nodes cannot keep up and sync fast enough, thus causing everyone else to be constantly
syncing!

Please consolidate using the coin control function to send the coins to yourself (to the same address).
You'll be staking within 3 hours again.

Also if one of those who has the longer chain, please upload the blockchain files and either post
here or PM me. So I can then use to spin up a couple more nodes. And also add to OP.

database (folder)
blk0001.dat
blkindex.dat

Just reminder for everyone:

Code:
If you've been staking for a long time without using the coin control, it would have split your KTK into lots of smaller and smaller blocks.
For the network that's good, but for a user it's very important to use the coin control on a regular basis to avoid hundreds of blocks being
created in a single address.

The KTK staking could be part of multiple addresses in your wallet, so when you try to send maybe that is causing the error. If you simply
select the checkbox for one address in coin control it will highlight all blocks, but if part of it is staking it will return an error.

If your wallet is locked, and you want to send coins don't unlock to stake. This is more important if you have lots of small blocks in each address.
When you then enter your password to confirm a transaction, it might stake from another address while it processes the send transaction.
Again this goes back to how many blocks in each address, the higher amount means it will stake much more frequently.

To override completely, close the wallet and edit the kryptkoin.conf, add reservebalance=AMOUNT-HERE

Example:

reservebalance=50000

And it will stop any coins staking even when the wallet is unlocked. Then you can send the coins to yourself to consolidate. Afterwards edit
the kryptkoin.conf file again and delete 'reservebalance' restart wallet and in 3 hours will start staking again.

So I'm trying to send all my coins to myself and fix this problem... but every time I try to use the coin control feature the wallet locks up and stop responding... and I have to close it out because its not responding... and if I try to send my coins without the coin control feature the exact same thing happens... no matter what I do the wallet stop responding...?
Activity: 976
Merit: 534
I've noticed 2-3 connections, first was 1,55x,xxx and now 1,569,xxx blocks.

The blockchain file I provided is 1,526,165. So if you are staking and minting dust it's causing the
blockchain to increase much quicker or possibly had a longer chain than I provided. Although the
coin supply is not increasing by much!

Even the nodes cannot keep up and sync fast enough, thus causing everyone else to be constantly
syncing!

Please consolidate using the coin control function to send the coins to yourself (to the same address).
You'll be staking within 3 hours again.

Also if one of those who has the longer chain, please upload the blockchain files and either post
here or PM me. So I can then use to spin up a couple more nodes. And also add to OP.

database (folder)
blk0001.dat
blkindex.dat

Just reminder for everyone:

Code:
If you've been staking for a long time without using the coin control, it would have split your KTK into lots of smaller and smaller blocks.
For the network that's good, but for a user it's very important to use the coin control on a regular basis to avoid hundreds of blocks being
created in a single address.

The KTK staking could be part of multiple addresses in your wallet, so when you try to send maybe that is causing the error. If you simply
select the checkbox for one address in coin control it will highlight all blocks, but if part of it is staking it will return an error.

If your wallet is locked, and you want to send coins don't unlock to stake. This is more important if you have lots of small blocks in each address.
When you then enter your password to confirm a transaction, it might stake from another address while it processes the send transaction.
Again this goes back to how many blocks in each address, the higher amount means it will stake much more frequently.

To override completely, close the wallet and edit the kryptkoin.conf, add reservebalance=AMOUNT-HERE

Example:

reservebalance=50000

And it will stop any coins staking even when the wallet is unlocked. Then you can send the coins to yourself to consolidate. Afterwards edit
the kryptkoin.conf file again and delete 'reservebalance' restart wallet and in 3 hours will start staking again.
Here are the seeder and nodes:

Code:
addnode=159.203.178.201
addnode=159.203.185.23
addnode=174.138.37.32
addnode=146.185.173.230

See if that helps by adding to the kryptkoin.conf file. I'll also setup another couple of nodes
and post once live to see if that improves things further.

Yes, exchange is how the swap will happen. Any that are not swapped will be burned.

Activity: 509
Merit: 500
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
Yeah, it's a waiting game. It's not just a simple wallet update, going to require a coin swap once it's ready!

So right now allows everyone to stake to build their coins for when the swap takes place.

The sync is painfully slow, so understand peoples frustration with the wallet!
Plan is to arrange with an exchange, makes it easier for everyone
Exchange sounds like a better option. What will happen with the coins which dont get swapped? Will they get burnt or re-distributed to the existing holders?
Yeah syncing is really slow and taking lots of time.
Swapping through exchange sounds easier. KryptKoin 2.0 wow.....
I hope there will be some stable nodes and an updated blockchain file before any swap goes live, I was on the correct chain for a while, but now I keep forking again, I even tried downloading the blockchain file and syncing from that again, but no luck...  Embarrassed

That kept happening to me too, I waited a couple of days and then resynced and now I'm on the correct chain again with 10 connections ... seems to be a problem
Activity: 462
I hope there will be some stable nodes and an updated blockchain file before any swap goes live, I was on the correct chain for a while, but now I keep forking again, I even tried downloading the blockchain file and syncing from that again, but no luck...  Embarrassed
Activity: 714
y²=x3+ax+b, a=0,b=7
Exchange sounds like a better option. What will happen with the coins which dont get swapped? Will they get burnt or re-distributed to the existing holders?
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Yeah, it's a waiting game. It's not just a simple wallet update, going to require a coin swap once it's ready!

So right now allows everyone to stake to build their coins for when the swap takes place.

How do you think the coin swap will be done? will we do it on an exchange or send to you?

Exchange.

How do you think the coin swap will be done? will we do it on an exchange or send to you?

The thread has gone silent again. I think everyone is waiting for the updated release of the client to make some noise.  Huh

Thats basically what I'm doing, I finally got back on the correct chain, running the wallet and staking coins, not much else you can do until dev finishes the new wallet
Activity: 322
The thread has gone silent again. I think everyone is waiting for the updated release of the client to make some noise.  Huh
Activity: 322
The seeders have now been updated with the longer chain, plus 2 additional nodes have
been setup.
Getting some active connection now but syncing is taking quite long time.

I keep getting stuck on blocks and have to restart QT
Does anybody know how far are we from the updated client release? Me too is getting stuck from time to time.
The seeders have now been updated with the longer chain, plus 2 additional nodes have
been setup.

I keep getting stuck on blocks and have to restart QT
Activity: 509
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
been setup.
Activity: 462
been setup.

I'm finally back on the correct chain... for some strange reason I can't get the new QT to run unless I sandbox it... it always locks up as a grayed out window... but if I sandbox it it runs no problem ... weird

Not sure what the reason is but I had the same, the QT locked up for 10+ minutes but then fixed itself. Since then it starts normally, maybe there is some one time scan or something going on...
been setup.

I'm finally back on the correct chain... for some strange reason I can't get the new QT to run unless I sandbox it... it always locks up as a grayed out window... but if I sandbox it it runs no problem ... weird
Pages:
Jump to: