Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence - page 16. (Read 198064 times)

Activity: 723
Merit: 106
STABILA [STB] - Decentralize The Financial System
September 06, 2018, 10:33:37 AM
never share your personal identity for other, airdrop is a just scheme for scammer collect your personal data, so that's why never share your personal identity and becarefull with your personal information
Activity: 86
Merit: 0
September 06, 2018, 10:24:32 AM
I personally I do not like the idea of KYC that majority of projects now require from investors not to even talk of airdrops. I think is not necessarily in Cryptocurrency. If there is a way it could be reviewed and get stopped I would be glad.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
September 06, 2018, 10:01:10 AM
In my opinion this is usually an ordinary fraud that only requires your username or your Ethereum and Bitcointalk profile link, email addresses may not be mandatory because it might be used to send you some email phishing links. KYC for airdrops is really strange, because giveaway, KYC is for pre sales and public sales.
Activity: 50
September 06, 2018, 09:39:44 AM
Absolutely agree with you. Now we do not know who actually gets the documents sent by us to KYC and it's not safe. But in the future, perhaps it will be more secure and anonymous.
 Lips sealed Lips sealed
Activity: 70
September 05, 2018, 11:02:00 PM
If they want to know their personal data, the popularity of their companies will decrease significantly.
Activity: 154
September 05, 2018, 07:34:48 PM
KYC for bounty campaign is stupid, but KYC for Airdrop is recipe for disaster. I would never ever share my ID and I don't understand how can people trust this projects and their founders.
hilarious but the truth be told, you made some nice points here, we have more scam airdrop scams than we can count, it makes no sense to arm scammers with tools that can help them hack your valuable accounts,or use your identity for illicit deals. I would avoid such altogehter
Activity: 154
September 05, 2018, 07:30:39 PM
i personally do not trust airdrops that require you to provide identification documents , i question the rationale behind it, you are giving out tokens for free, there should not be any legal restraints why you can not do that, the space is not yet laden with regulations, how about those that buy from decentralized exchanges?
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
September 05, 2018, 07:27:57 PM
Well, I wasn't that experienced took place everywhere kyc , somehow not much afraid somewhere to light their documents , and now of course a lot of divorce!
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
September 05, 2018, 07:27:05 PM
KYC in cryptos is very delicate, since one of the strong points of cryptocurrencies is their ability to hide their transactions, or at least the origin, in the end the developers of the ICOs or airdrops are people and you do not know what they will be doing with your documents, at best they are selling your data to advertising companies and at worst it can be used to create false passports.
Activity: 938
Merit: 502
September 05, 2018, 07:24:04 PM
KYC for bounty campaign is stupid, but KYC for Airdrop is recipe for disaster. I would never ever share my ID and I don't understand how can people trust this projects and their founders.
Activity: 210
September 05, 2018, 07:21:09 PM
I agree especially when bad projects are asked to go through kyc it is even surprising , but if the project is worthy then I think you can go through kyc
Activity: 182
Merit: 3
September 05, 2018, 07:20:49 PM
And wich ico can survive?
Its simple the one wich has good idea and good team.
But without good unique idea the ico will not survive.
And kyc not matter bad ico can be without kyc or with kyc.
Same thing for good ico with kyc or without it doesnt matter if the core idea is good and vision is clear then the ico will succeed 100%.
Someone mentioned here that good succesful legit ico-s requires kyc... this is not true.
Look at coins like ethereum, or ripple they succeed now but without kyc.
I hope you guys get my point
Activity: 210
September 05, 2018, 07:14:42 PM
I agree with you and believe that it is necessary to avoid such projects that require KYC.
Activity: 97
September 05, 2018, 07:13:15 PM
The habit of projects collecting people's personal information which are often sensitive data for a few tokens which are with penny is very bad. Regardless of if the airsrops gets paid or not people should nor have to disclose their personal data for such reasons.
That aside, a lit of projects use this to fool people into giving up their data which they can then use for scam purposes.
I disagree with this practice and I think it needs to stop.
Activity: 196
September 05, 2018, 06:56:20 PM
I agree , very few people know who are in airdrop kyc in my opinion is you give the documents to other people , and what they will do with them
Activity: 308
September 05, 2018, 06:37:11 PM
Of course , you do not want to Shine your documents, especially when the documents can get to other people with a high probability
Activity: 182
Merit: 3
September 05, 2018, 06:32:03 PM
Crypto currency made you to have privacy.
But the cryptocurrency will kill all the privacy in money transactions.
Those who want freedom most will be the ones who will be driven into revolutionary way.
And after revolution there will communism kind of life.
Cryptocurrency is good and a lot privacy but it wount last too long enjoy while you can.
The fiat currency will collapse any time not soon but few more years.
Then you all gona use cryptocurrency thats why people who is behind this movement and they financing blockchain techonolgy stacking up crypto money themselfes right now.
This is harsh truth all about what is the whole point of this cryptocurrency.
Fiat currency cant survive too long couse of fact its debt based paper.
If its not collapse yet we as fiat paper users will feel how value is going down by high inflation.
So yea..crypto is claimed to be privacy thing but the main reason is not for privacy but just the opposite.
Can we stop this? No we cant this all will go for sure this direction i mentioned.
So while its still private enjoy your coins:)
Activity: 150
Merit: 6
September 05, 2018, 06:01:19 PM
Hi there!

Definetly no to KYC in my opinion!
And definetly not when you already did participate for the bounty or airdrop, i hate those afterwards KYC, the project always comes out as scam. You are right the privacy and anonimity are one of the main reasons crypto will last so go to .... with your KYC Smiley

whats out for these projects your identity is worth way more than some coins ever will be!

Greetings! Cool
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
MYCRYPTOBANK.IO
September 05, 2018, 05:50:17 PM
Yep, it's also funny how they told us if this is a token giveaway.
And In the previous months i've met bunch of airdrops which has anonymity concepts but they asked us for KYC to claim the tokens.
Activity: 168
September 05, 2018, 05:35:17 PM
I'm the opposite I go where require kyc , there is a chance that you will pay more tokens higher than normal bounty companies )
Pages:
Jump to: