Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence - page 37. (Read 198064 times)

Activity: 75
Merit: 0
June 19, 2018, 08:01:34 PM
 I don’t like the idea of having to give out my details just to earn some pennies, how do I get guaranteed that my details would be safe and wouldn’t be used for fraud.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
WAWLLET - World’s first multi-asset wallet
June 19, 2018, 08:01:14 PM
Airdrop is a token distribution absolutely free of any charge.
Maximum amount of information requested for any airdrop should include: wallet address, telegram id and probably email.
That's it. Anything else would look suspicious, a priori. Cool
Activity: 882
Merit: 403
June 19, 2018, 07:59:11 PM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.

Yup. I believe that this is total bullshit also. What's worse is that people nowadays just agree to it even when the airdrops are too low just can't help but wonder how greedy these people are to let random strangers take personal information from them just for a few bucks. Heck, I even think this should not be the norm in bounties. I cannot even stress enough how pissed I am with bounties asking for kyc.
Activity: 90
June 19, 2018, 07:55:47 PM
The whole kyc of a thing pisses me off sometimes. People want to remain unknown in this community for security reasons. And here you come expecting me to reveal myself before I can buy you tokens or before you can give me some few tokens. I do agree that it is sometimes part of the legal requirements of the countries in which the project is operating, but the truth is that, kyc puts investors away.
Activity: 116
Merit: 3
June 19, 2018, 07:55:40 PM
I completely agree with you OP, I liked cryptocurrencies for its decentralized approach. Now, every single exchange is asking for KYC. Which is complete bullshit and eventually it will turn out to be a centralized one, just like banks!
Activity: 2100
Merit: 174
June 19, 2018, 07:54:29 PM
For airdrops requiring to pass KYC, I give them fake IDs or some other people's ID. They won't check it. There are thousands of airdroppers and the reward is miniscule. I'm pretty sure this is just for formality or precautions to avoid legal matters, or worse, identity theft.
Activity: 195
Merit: 10
June 19, 2018, 07:53:10 PM
I wont even join airdrops of these days any longer, talkless of doing a KYC for their shit tokens. Even investors who have a lot of money and are willing to invest often shy away from projects that demand KYC, so why should i reveal my identity simply because i was promised tokens that are worth just $2.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
June 19, 2018, 07:52:03 PM
Yes, I think an Airdrop does not need to use KYC. Because at this time many people are not responsible in using KYC data. And surely it can harm us. So, we should be careful.
Activity: 392
June 19, 2018, 07:49:40 PM
I choose not to join if they require kyc only for airdrop it just free coin no ico or investments involves so why they should require that.. It is not that 100% safe to give our personal info to anyone so i strongly disagree with this.
Activity: 140
June 19, 2018, 07:47:51 PM
In my own perception about KYC for Airdrops, the KYC should only be applied to investors who buy tokens and investments there but as for bounty hunters, I think there is no need for KYC for Airdrops because it does not make any sense for bounty hunters.
Activity: 210
June 19, 2018, 07:42:55 PM
I understand that all this gives us some discomfort and we will that our data merge and everything like that, but I can not yet imagine how good, really, GOOD ICO companies can confirm the identity of a bounty hunter or an investor.
Activity: 192
June 19, 2018, 07:33:36 PM
I agree with you. We are a little horrified when the few cents we get must use our ID which is actually the ID is legally enforceable. Do not let them use our ID for bad things. We should be wary of that. We must remain cautious for any KYC requested by bounty or airdrop owners.
Activity: 671
Merit: 103
Moni
June 19, 2018, 07:24:22 PM
I never faced bad precedence as a result of KYC procedure, but I heard that some scammy ICOs sold data in dark net after receiving KYC documents. From my point of view it should be regulated in order to prevent fraudulent activities with KYC documents of airdrop and bounty participants
Activity: 151
June 19, 2018, 07:20:56 PM
Yeah, don't do KYC for airdrop if the airdrop less than $20
And if they becoming a scam project
They can use your data
You need to check it before you do the KYC
Activity: 294
June 19, 2018, 03:08:15 PM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.

This is really bad. What kind of KYC for Airdrops?? I really can not understand this..Unfortunately, the time is changed..
Activity: 59
Merit: 1
June 19, 2018, 12:40:18 PM
No way I'd do KYC for a shitty airdrop.
Activity: 308
Merit: 12
June 19, 2018, 12:29:05 PM
I try to avoid companies where you need to pass identification. Because, I'm afraid to give my documents. According to statistics, more than 90% of the ICO are fraudulent. And how in such conditions to trust the company their documents.
Activity: 52
June 19, 2018, 12:25:03 PM
this KYC of a thing is shitty for airdrops. last week i was referred to a phishing site while trying to claim shit coin. i was careful enough to spot it out, recently i stopped doing anything airdrop because of this kind of issue. so i will suggest we should be very careful on where we log into to avoid crying.
Activity: 96
June 19, 2018, 12:21:34 PM
I believe that the work of bounty hunters should be paid without passing KYC. This has nothing to do with investing, so the requirement for KYC is unreasonable.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 516
June 19, 2018, 09:59:51 AM
I think no one should give their documents for airdrop. Is better to join only airdrop that no ask for KYC. Anyway there is a lot of airdrops that will not have value (some of them value only 0.0001$)  so asking documents for them is looking scammy.
Pages:
Jump to: