Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence - page 34. (Read 198064 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 4
June 28, 2018, 11:38:37 AM
I think you should stop/forget these Airdrops that requires KYC.
Don't send out your private document/information (Government ID, Driving license....) for just some cents that may be paid by the airdrop programs
Your personal details should not as cheap as that.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
June 28, 2018, 10:53:35 AM
I am against the KYC for members of the bounty campaigns. I think this is acceptable only for large investors. I believe that the use of KYC is at variance with the basic principles of crypto currencies.
Activity: 112
June 28, 2018, 04:53:52 AM
most ico's has airdrops and offering for their % share to the community has requiring kyc for the eligibility and claiming rewards. i they required that because user spamming and to filter fake accounts. thats why sad to say, many people are not eligible to from getting paid.
Activity: 98
June 27, 2018, 08:08:37 AM
I think that for airdrops it is bust (although a couple of times I met such with large payments). Some confidentiality should still remain, because the documents required for presentation are serious enough, and when they are used by other persons there may be problems
Activity: 70
June 27, 2018, 01:30:41 AM
If our data is provided to a person we don't know, it can also be used as a crime to avoid cheating on bonuses, so if the airdrop project wants to avoid fraud, the reward must be done in another way.
Activity: 81
June 26, 2018, 12:48:17 PM
Kyc for airdrops is wrong. It shouldn't be. Kyc should be for the investors to my own opinion because since the airdropers are not an investors. They shouldn't be involved or passing through kyc before they can receive there token rewards.
Activity: 83
June 26, 2018, 12:44:33 PM
I firmly think that KYC is not a suitable measure for a large number of cryptocurrencies. These don´t have the legal terms of shares and must not require of that approach.
Activity: 89
June 26, 2018, 08:19:31 AM
Kyc for airdrops? I think this thing is not fair because airdrops is nothing but only to tell every about the project.
I think many KYC will take longer than airdrop itself. Also it will be twice more offensive if the project again turns out to be a fraud and pay the money, and in addition to that, and your personal data will sell.
Activity: 82
June 26, 2018, 08:13:19 AM
Kyc for airdrops has to be that some of the ICOs are trying to prevent regulation issue in the future. Though I don't like it too but if I feel that the airdrop is a solid project and worth it, I can do the kyc but if it's worthless, I will just ignore it
Activity: 12
June 26, 2018, 05:33:56 AM
Kyc for airdrops? I think this thing is not fair because airdrops is nothing but only to tell every about the project.
Activity: 88
June 26, 2018, 05:29:15 AM
Please don't send your personal information through KYC form, for only few tokens. I personally don't participate with airdrops who demanding for KYC. Personally I don't trust on airdrops. Most of them are not needed by the market. They are developed for data collection.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
June 25, 2018, 04:19:14 PM
 I would not trust my real documents to random AirDrop, which I even am not sure that would be beneficial for me.
Activity: 84
June 25, 2018, 01:46:50 PM
I think that verification of your identity in airdrop should be at a lower level. If you participate in the bounty of the company then they may require documents.
Activity: 378
Merit: 2
June 25, 2018, 11:15:49 AM
We seriously need to take our stand as a community to say no to KYC, for both bounty and airdrop. It now seems normal because so many of them now ask for KYC. I just imagine that airdrop that is not also up to $100 ask for KYC.
Activity: 364
Merit: 1
June 25, 2018, 11:09:44 AM
even in places (bounties i mean)  where kyc is supposed to be advertised, participants don't even appreciate it and hence shy away from such responsibilities. then the airdrop option for kyc verification for me is not much of an ideal system. thanks
Activity: 182
June 25, 2018, 11:04:22 AM
Well I believe if you ask those project, they would tell you they don't like the process of KYC because it takes time and consume some resource but as you know regulation is hitting the crypto space, so they don't have a choice then to follow the regulation demands.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
June 25, 2018, 10:52:41 AM
I guess the projects are not the ones that are really pushing for the implementation of KYC or Know Your Client/Customer themselves. They are simply implementing the policy out of compliance of the government agencies that are taking extra steps to make sure there will be no abuse of the anonymity feature of cryptocurrencies. But you have the choice not to join airdrops that are requiring KYC.
Activity: 70
June 25, 2018, 10:51:18 AM
the worst thoughts certainly are if there is the misuse of an identity of our own. Anyway if limited to airdrop I think will not enter if using KYC. This will not be evenly balanced between what we give in the form of identity and with what obtained from airdrop.
Activity: 88
June 25, 2018, 04:23:57 AM
I think if you are involved in Airdrops and you are offered to go to the KUS, it already causes suspicion that this company is a scam. It seems to me that those coins that you can get in Airdrops do not cost lost personal data, so you do not need to take risks.
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 24, 2018, 05:25:54 PM
For many clients of ICOs believe Know Your Client is inappropriate for their moderate purchase and an unreasonable liability with no use.
Having to do that is not good because nobody wants their information on the Internet. Crypto should always remain anonymous.
Pages:
Jump to: