Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence - page 32. (Read 198064 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 1
July 07, 2018, 03:46:58 AM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.

yes it is true we don't know to whom our information is submitted. but the main reasons for KYC in airdrop is to eliminate Scammers we use multiple accounts to signup for airdrops. so if we take actions to stop KYC, the more these scammers prevail with thier plans. The best thing to do before completing Kyc for Airdrop or even Bounty is, to research well about the organizations before time. i Filter my airdrops
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
July 07, 2018, 03:39:16 AM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

I would stay away from an airdrop where kyc is required. It depends if the project is a platform (for example an exchange or a marketplace) where members are needed but generally I don't like it.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
July 07, 2018, 03:35:52 AM
It depends on what degree you are going to commit in, if you are just going to get free tokens (which what an airdrop does) then presenting valid documents should be unnecessary, but most airdrops nowadays requires people to donate first, which is spending money, so a proper legal documentation should be conducted first.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
July 06, 2018, 11:02:20 PM
I think if airdrop asks KYC it is a very unreasonable thing, because airdrop is just a free coin that has a value of only $ 30 .. since a few months ago a lot of airdrop scam and now they ask for our identity ... I strongly disagree about this
Activity: 66
July 06, 2018, 10:59:45 AM
In my opinion it is out of place for coin or token promoter to request for KYC for a small amount of token. What do they need it for? KYC is required when you are making coin purchase of reasonable sums as to ensure ownership. Requesting for KYC at Airdrops should be discouraged.
Activity: 114
July 06, 2018, 06:21:25 AM
Filling up KYC and giving away to the unknown and only for Airdrop who will not get big profits I think it's ridiculous and my advice should not be done because it's waste of time and again provide information yourself with useless.
Activity: 74
July 05, 2018, 04:46:18 AM
I think if you are involved in Airdrops and you are offered to go to the KUS, it already causes suspicion that this company is a scam. It seems to me that those coins that you can get in Airdrops do not cost lost personal data, so you do not need to take risks.
Activity: 151
Merit: 1
July 05, 2018, 01:18:52 AM
I don't do airdrop anymore cauae they are not worth the stress; airdrop are worthless to me; and some would still require you to do kyc;
Activity: 46
July 05, 2018, 01:12:56 AM

Yes, I agree with you that KYC is easy to be used by some junk project parties. I don't know what they will do, or affect me in the future. But it is possible that such behavior has slowly radiated the entire airdrop. Many people refer to such practices to obtain people's information and mean means.
Activity: 340
Merit: 11
www.cd3d.app
July 05, 2018, 12:43:46 AM
for me, it doesn't need an KYC for airdrops, because it is an free coin distribute to the community so that people who holds that can try to use and know there platform. KYC is good for those who are investing ICO's projects and doing some bounty campaign. but in airdrops its not an good idea for me.
Activity: 96
July 05, 2018, 12:30:54 AM
I'm a full-fledged supporter of anonymity on the network, so I do not want KYC for airdrops and for bounty, because I think that this way people lose their anonymity, and most likely they will not stop, I think that people would probably not be the best handed documents
Activity: 44
July 04, 2018, 11:02:21 AM
If this airdrop is organized by serious project, then i have no problems with KYC. But i definitely will not send my documents to projects that look like a scam.
Activity: 69
July 04, 2018, 10:59:50 AM
KYC requirement for getting Airdrops is rather strange in my opinion. I understand the situation when ICOs require KYC when buying tokens, but in this case you want to get some free tokens. I don't participate in Airdrops which want to get my personal information.
Activity: 69
July 04, 2018, 10:58:21 AM
Kyc for airdrops has to be that some of the ICOs are trying to prevent regulation issue in the future. Though I don't like it too but if I feel that the airdrop is a solid project and worth it, I can do the kyc but if it's worthless, I will just ignore it
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
July 04, 2018, 12:58:33 AM

Agree, this is a bad practice not only for airdrops, but also for ICO and bounty too. Almost all ID's and documents leak into the network, due to very low security quality. Recently was hacked Typeform service, which is on the second popularity place for KYC after Google Forms.  Angry
Activity: 4
July 04, 2018, 12:48:29 AM
I believe it's not just about fighting fake accounts. It's also required by law in some countries like US. In US, it's against the law to sell an unregistered token to investors. And it's against the same law to give the tokens for FREE to individuals. A lawyer friend told me this.
Activity: 112
July 04, 2018, 12:38:11 AM
Your observations is correct and timely,naturally KYC is meant for investors and not for bounty hunters,investors KYC is needed because of the funds they are investing especially if the money is above $1000 any amount less should not attract KYC.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 254
July 03, 2018, 10:14:18 AM
If the use of KYC for airdrops is for prevent the multiple account to join then i agree with that. As you know there are many cheaters out there and using multiple account to join bounties and airdrops. For airdrops i think it's no need to use KYC.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
BITWIN
July 03, 2018, 10:13:48 AM
i am also afraid of data leaks and I don't want to disclose my personal data to unknown members, what is more, not all team members pass KYC, but they want investors and hunters pass it!
Activity: 70
July 03, 2018, 10:12:02 AM
Please don't send your personal information through KYC form, for only few tokens. I personally don't participate with airdrops who demanding for KYC. Personally I don't trust on airdrops. Most of them are not needed by the market. They are developed for data collection.
Pages:
Jump to: