Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 289. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
Just one update of substance from Labcoin and it's back on. Grin

You are in a "hope" mode. Don't forget to listen to the market sometimes.
Nah, I was responding to Rulother. Like him, I am already out.

My bad. Any idea where to invest now ?
Well bASIC doesn't manufacture ASICs, they just mine. I'd recommend them, creativex is extremely active on the forums + he has a great reputation from what I've seen. He answers all my questions quickly (check the bASIC-mining thread here)

Yup I'm already on the bASIC-mining boat since the IPO Wink
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

Well bASIC doesn't manufacture ASICs, they just mine. I'd recommend them, creativex is extremely active on the forums + he has a great reputation from what I've seen. He answers all my questions quickly (check the bASIC-mining thread here)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Where are Mabsark and Limbaugh?
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024
Holy smokes, just got online. 12 hours ago price was at 0.0026 or whatever (don't mind if i forget a 0 or two Wink ) and now it's down to 0.0013.

That's crazy! At least I only have one share in Labcoin, lol. I'm kind of hoping they pull it off and start hashing but now it's looking grim but I'm along for the ride, it's only a small amount that's on the table for me.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Touchdown

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Touchdown
Activity: 750
Merit: 500
www.coinschedule.com
Very likely but not necessarily! Easy to come up with a plausible scenario to explain this mess... there are hundreds of possibilities the only people that know for sure are Sam and their team. For example:

Imagine you are Sam. You wait 6 months for the day chips and boards arrive. You can't sleep for the last week. You really want to tell everyone you hit the nail in the head, 15/September is the deadline you set yourself 6 months ago.

a question which was posed before I will ask again, how much do you think those that claim they are 'big investors' long term holders etc. would pay for such information that demonstrated beyond a reasonable doubt that there is no sam noi involved in relation to this project?

What do you mean, that you have such information?

I think no one would pay anything, if you have the information just go ahead and post it.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
I'm out for the time being, been a fun and crazy ride for sure.
Activity: 373
Merit: 250
Don't worry everyone, I just decided to get out (too much drama). I guarantee that at least one of 2 things will happen:

1) The stock will rise to a level where you can get out without losing too much money/make a small profit if you timed your buys correctly
2) Labcoin will release good news causing the stock to shoot up and you'll make money

=> 0.0010, was that you ?

Nope, that's too low even for me.
www.coinschedule.com
Very likely but not necessarily! Easy to come up with a plausible scenario to explain this mess... there are hundreds of possibilities the only people that know for sure are Sam and their team. For example:

Imagine you are Sam. You wait 6 months for the day chips and boards arrive. You can't sleep for the last week. You really want to tell everyone you hit the nail in the head, 15/September is the deadline you set yourself 6 months ago.

The chips and boards arrive on the 14th. You team starts assembling them. Everyone spends the whole night trying to get it to work... suddenly: It's working!

You send a message to everyone saying "We are hashing with 2TH/s".

10 minutes later: board stops working.

Engineers get to it... make it work again.... but after 15 minutes stops working.

You speak with the lead engineer: he says he thinks he knows what the issue is and can get it fixed in 24 hours.

But 24 hours later.... still not working. Engineer asks for another 48 hours...

48 hours later... it's better. So you keep your promise... but after 12 hours working the board stops again and now the whole thing is fried, won't even turn back on.

Add to this some delivery/production issues (so you don't even have some spare chips yet to replace that) - the factory promised chips "in about 2 days" and have been delaying for a week already...

If they relayed that information to shareholders it would have been fine.  Instead, they acted like they were hashing, just "solo mining" with no explanation and started spewing all kinds of bullshit excuses and keeping everyone in the dark while their share price faltered.  Lots of people lost real money with this bullshit. Bullshit they could easily have avoided simply by being forthright about what was actually happening.

Also, each of their boards has 15 chips, so 30 GH/s.  2Th/s would require 67 boards.  Seems pretty implausible they'd all fry at once. Unless there was a power surge or something, which wouldn't be something they could fix.

They also claimed they'd be at 4Th/s by Monday and continue to expand throughout this week.  But what's happened?  It's Friday and they have ZERO Th/s.

Very good points. I am just saying that there are possible explanations to this mess that don't mean they are trying to trick everyone else. Plus, I don't know how the Chinese culture is about failures and things not working as expected, maybe they prefer to delay the news and try to fix it meanwhile (Which obviously backfired).
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
It's a pretty serious holiday, the one where they eat mooncakes. 

The labcoin technical team is probably off eating mooncakes and not giving a fuck. They'll be back to work on Sunday, maybe that's when they'll actually start hashing.
What's the chance that they solved their issues and decided to switch back to solo mining?  Cool

Lessthan 2 Smiley

Better dump your shares and play justdice to recoup loss

Good idea!
Holiday in china...........

Sure, it's all about holidays.
Activity: 728
cryptoshark
What's the chance that they solved their issues and decided to switch back to solo mining?  Cool

Lessthan 2 Smiley

Better dump your shares and play justdice to recoup loss
www.coinschedule.com
whats the odds that they left it thinking it was stable, went home and it crashed and as its Chinease holiday nobody is there to fix it...

Well, it could be.... I know a guy that has a startup here in London, before he started raising money he bought himself and his family a trip to the Maldives for 1 week, about 9 months in advance on a holiday. He said "doesn't matter what happens to my live in the next 9 mionths, I Know I am going to that place to chill out no matter what".

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808
Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do
Holiday in china...........
Don't worry everyone, I just decided to get out (too much drama). I guarantee that at least one of 2 things will happen:

1) The stock will rise to a level where you can get out without losing too much money/make a small profit if you timed your buys correctly
2) Labcoin will release good news causing the stock to shoot up and you'll make money

=> 0.0010, was that you ?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

The chips and boards arrive on the 14th. You team starts assembling them. Everyone spends the whole night trying to get it to work... suddenly: It's working!

You send a message to everyone saying "We are hashing with 2TH/s".

10 minutes later: board stops working.

Engineers get to it... make it work again.... but after 15 minutes stops working.

You speak with the lead engineer: he says he thinks he knows what the issue is and can get it fixed in 24 hours.

But 24 hours later.... still not working. Engineer asks for another 48 hours...

48 hours later... it's better. So you keep your promise... but after 12 hours working the board stops again and now the whole thing is fried, won't even turn back on.

Add to this some delivery/production issues (so you don't even have some spare chips yet to replace that) - the factory promised chips "in about 2 days" and have been delaying for a week already...

If they relayed that information to shareholders it would have been fine.  Instead, they acted like they were hashing, just "solo mining" with no explanation and started spewing all kinds of bullshit excuses and keeping everyone in the dark while their share price faltered.  Lots of people lost real money with this bullshit. Bullshit they could easily have avoided simply by being forthright about what was actually happening.

Also, each of their boards has 15 chips, so 30 GH/s.  2Th/s would require 67 boards.  Seems pretty implausible they'd all fry at once. Unless there was a power surge or something, which wouldn't be something they could fix.

They also claimed they'd be at 4Th/s by Monday and continue to expand throughout this week.  But what's happened?  It's Friday and they have ZERO Th/s.
Jump to: