Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 292. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Activemining dead + labcoin dead

nice day couldn't be happier Wink

WTF

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Interesting, apparently there's a public holiday in China that falls from September 19th to September 21 this year:

http://www.travelchinaguide.com/essential/holidays/calendar.htm  (see the entry on "Mid-Autumn Day" for 2013)

Could mean Labcoin might not even be back to work until the 23rd (since I guess they would have Sunday off as well?)

Right now it's like 7:37 PM in Shenzhen, on the 20th.

So, unless they're working over the holiday we're unlikely to see anything.

From wikipedia:

The Government of the People's Republic of China listed the festival as an "intangible cultural heritage" in 2006, and it was made a Chinese public holiday in 2008.[1] It is also a public holiday in Taiwan. Among the Vietnamese, it is considered the second most important holiday tradition.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1005
What makes me sad is that Labcoin's behavior is the perfect pretext for some agencies like the SEC to take btct down. Free market does not mean responsible-free.
Will that prevent stupidity? How will people learn not to do the same mistake twice? Even when faced with contrary evidence to their goals and expectations?
Activity: 714
Merit: 510
I honestly don't think any of these securities are worth jack at this point.  Labcoin should be an object lesson in the risks.

I think that risk level awareness skill, needs to be radically re-calibrated if operators are able to perpetuate wholly dishonest statements of fact.

Im not sure how a reasonably minded 'investor' is able to protect themselves when complete untruths is the information we have to hand, other than to accept its sad existence, or come to the conclusion that the bitcoin 'community' are a bunch of unattractive amateurs who make things up, as it suits. The later, is not my personal view, but how do you think this charade looks in the eyes of the newly interested? And of course, this plays nicely into the hands of interested authoritative bodies.  Sad Sad  

Didn't Labcoin make it in Wired and Bloomberg?
It certainly will look bad. They should just come clean and admit their chips failed and that they need a month and will mine with other resources to pay back investors for the losses. They do that and they can get some credibility back.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
YES 4 / 7 NO    (2 ABSTAINING -- Users with 10 or more shares of LTC-GLOBAL are allowed to vote.)

strongbow voted YES with comment: Good to see some additional liquidity and diversification in the Bitcoin mining space.
Anonymous voted NO with comment: Attempting to break the contract -- odolvlobo
Anonymous voted NO with comment: Contract terms in flux after moderator approval and shares sold.
BTCTRADINGPT voted NO with comment: BTC-Trading-PT shareholders voted 290-65 to not approve.
Anonymous voted NO with comment: Muddy contract terms that often change.
Anonymous voted NO with comment: Not following their contract!
Anonymous voted NO with comment: How about you try IPOing when it's actually hashing, rather than putting all the risk on investors? The difficulty in Dec may be astronomical, and thus rendering this investment to result in almost guaranteed loss.
woodtech voted NO with comment: As other "No" voter said; all risk is on investors. You need to have some skin in the game yourselves please!

Also great looking IPO
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Finally!, pictures of the chips & boards!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3196091

Yeah  Grin

At first I was like  Shocked, but then pictures loaded and I lolled  Roll Eyes
Activity: 588
Merit: 504
Finally!, pictures of the chips & boards!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3196091

Yeah  Grin

Chips already on the board?

surprised to see a manufacturer who attach the chips to a board before taking photo ? 
It's a welcome change  Smiley
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
Activity: 714
Merit: 510
Someone just added a 7 day put option as well, along with a 16 hour one.  If they fail to hash in 7 days you could really make some money on that.  

No, I don't think the price will drop to 0.00091 in 7 days. Even there's no mining income, as long as people still believe labcoin will bring 500TH (2-gen chips) by the end of this year, the share price will be still above 0.001, the IPO price. Actually, the failure of 1-gen chips itself will not completely kill this project, cause it at most halves the potential reward. The failure will kill this project only because it severely hurts the creditability of the Labcoin team. They may have no way to make the 1-gen chips work, but they can still rescue their credibility in the coming 7 days, by just be a man, stand up and explain everything happened.

Idk how people can believe anything labcoin says when they put out a definitive statement like this:

and have it be completely untrue. It appears as though generation 1 has failed completely.

They just need to admit the chips worked initially, and then they found them cannot work stably. They've spent 2 weeks try to fix the problem and still trying their best, but the result is not predictable yet. They are looking for other methods to compensate the investors, meanwhile the 2-gen chips R&D moves smoothly, and working chips are expected by the end of October. Deploying 500TH by the end of December is still on the plan.

Honestly they should hire you to speak for them. This is exactly what they should say.
The problem is the "FUDsters" made lots of really stupid arguments, total nonsense about photoshopped pics and actually photoshopping things and coming up with fake information themselves in some cases.

Labcoin is clearly a failure, and they've failed to own up to it.  And clearly a lot of people had legitimate concerns given their lack of communication.  But, a lot of the fudsters were just spouting total nonsense.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
If everybody stayed possitive the price would still be above 0030.
The more you fud the more you loose it seems ...

Let me guess, you said the same when the pirate ponzi began collapsing?  If only everyone had stayed positive, we would now each have a bazillion BTC on our pirate accounts. Damn those fudders!
Activity: 736
Merit: 508
If everyone stayed positive? if everyone stayed positive? maybe everyone can convince themselves BFL is really up to date on shipping and not write 'fud' and everything would be OK? huh...maybe we can tell ourselves HIV is not real, if only we stay positive.. staying positive is not what's required- what's required is truth and transparency you little snake

I'd prefer to stay negative if we are talking about HIV...
Activity: 392
Yes.. we will build up evidence in the background, and try to locate these crooks. cannot hide forever, one day will be catched
Or maybe, just maybe, don't invest in dubious shit in the first place.

And don't cry that people criticizing it just want your "cheap shares".

The guy you're quoting is one of the few people here who has been preaching the truth for months.
He wasn't with the stupid cheerleader crowd yelling "FUDsters! You just want my cheap shares!".
Activity: 106
all these stupid fud...come on guys...only kiddies here?

Just wait a bit and enjoy a higher share price soon.  be patient!

The curse of public trading in an industry full of kids who bitch and scream all day every day.

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
Someone speak following their heart, while some following their positions (how many shares they owned). It may be useful to argue with the former, but arguing with the latter is just wasting of time and energy.
Activity: 82
Well it was nice knowing you all.
If you like really high risk investments there are still put options available so you actually can short the stock. If the price keeps dropping you could make a lot in the next 13 hours (or 7 days).

Could be less risky then actually buying labcoin shares at this point Tongue
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
i'm not stressed, i invested an amount i wouldn't care a great deal about losing, as it was always fairly obvious that this  is a very high risk investment
Activity: 369
WTF> all this fud, they have issues. chill out - we will hear what soon enough

I really don't think so, they claimed they were mining, hashing a while ago.  They refused to show proof for days, finally they post the mining address and it's been over 24 hours and they haven't done any hashing.  This clearly goes way beyond "instability" - something is seriously wrong.  

And they've have had multiple days to figure out what was wrong with their boards and get new ones.  The fact they haven't been able to indicates the problem is with their chip, not (just) their boards.

I just wish they would be on the level with us. Would make life less stressful. I mean it makes no difference to them they already have our moneys.
WTF> all this fud, they have issues. chill out - we will hear what soon enough

I really don't think so, they claimed they were mining, hashing a while ago.  They refused to show proof for days, finally they post the mining address and it's been over 24 hours and they haven't done any hashing.  This clearly goes way beyond "instability" - something is seriously wrong.  

And they've have had multiple days to figure out what was wrong with their boards and get new ones.  The fact they haven't been able to indicates the problem is with their chip, not (just) their boards.
Jump to: