Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 297. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Trading is now frozen, so new sell orders cannot be placed. Seems I am one of the stupid people who actually trusted this company. Oh well, I risked what BTC I had, and lost.

I just sold a share, so...no.

TRADING IS NOT FROZEN
Activity: 378
Trading is now frozen, so new sell orders cannot be placed. Seems I am one of the stupid people who actually trusted this company. Oh well, I risked what BTC I had, and lost.
What? Trading is frozen. So whatever shares we had are now gone?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Doesnt look frozen to me, although it should be.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000
Here we go! Don't be a bagholder! 22,000 share ask wall and 20,000 shares sold... someone must want cheap shares  Roll Eyes.

'cheap' shares, implies some sort of value. How much value does a wholly contrived succession of lies have, these days?
Activity: 38
Merit: 0

Edit: I also have to say: the scam, if that is what it is, was really well made. They must have made a fortune. Shame though, this will have a seriously negative impact on crypto, since this project seemed to attract a lot of people who weren't previously involved. Really a shame.
If you guys want to try buying put options, go for the ones with the highest "proceeds/ea" - that's what the share price will need to be for you to make a profit.

Basically the way it works is, if you buy an option, you have the right to sell shares at the strike price which is 0.0028 on some of the options and 0.002 on others.  That's more then the price right now so if you execute the option you would make some money.  The thing is, though to get the option you have to pay the premium.  So in order to make a profit, the difference between the strike price and the option price needs to be more then the share price.

If the current price is below the strike price, when the option expires, you'll automatically buy shares at the given ask price, and sell them at the strike price to the person you purchased the option from. This will happen automatically and you don't have to do anything.

Anyway, main point is if the price continues to tank, you can actually make a decent amount of money shorting the stock with these.
Activity: 487
Merit: 500
Are You Shpongled?
Here we go! Don't be a bagholder! 22,000 share ask wall and 20,000 shares sold... someone must want cheap shares  Roll Eyes.

Someone just added a 7 day put option as well, along with a 16 hour one.  If they fail to hash in 7 days you could really make some money on that.

Those warnings could really cause the price to tank (and should, really).

Remember when Labcoin blatantly lied about having 2 TH?

So this has been addressed and found to be an honest mistake, yes??

Uh, no. It hasn't been addressed at all.  Before they posted the mining address, it was possible they were hashing and we didn't know about it.

Now that they have, we know for sure they are not hashing.  Unless they are hashing and stealing from their shareholders. Which is also possible.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Remember when Labcoin blatantly lied about having 2 TH?

So this has been addressed and found to be an honest mistake, yes??
legendary
Activity: 882
Finally, burnside did something. That's a behavior deserves respect, considering labcoin often contributes big part of the volume of BTCT.
Activity: 158
Sweet advice. Was about to post the same screenshot.

Activity: 181
legendary
Activity: 1025
TheSwede isnt coming back, the death threats scared him off. I think the hashing address is the last we are getting from them, take or leave.
aaaaaaand offline:

[02:00] User TheSwede75 is now offline at bitcointalk.org
legendary
[01:45] User TheSwede75 has just come *** ONLINE *** at bitcointalk.org

TheSwede75 just showed up online, maybe he can provide some explanation.

By looking at his latest posts, he was quite happy in posting in a mining chips group buy thread. From beginning on, I feel he does not care much about labcoin at all.
Activity: 266
Okay we now know who are the trollers/fudsters and who are believers.. yeah yeah; shame/blame/fame..

I dont get one thing: Why would someone (who prolly has sold all his shares) still be fucking up the company and/or this threat?

I mean move on? Why do you care? Are you so angry? Did you loose so much?

yawn you're not getting tired of it either. there are still some people who want to keep bitcoin a safe haven of investments you fool.
any word is wasted on you and johny though. you're unable to share our view anyways. you can't be convinced.  

I do share your concerns, but im no daytrader and not stupid..
Probally unlikely of you, i already got my investment out and the shares i have are pure profit.

Ofcourse i do know and see what can be better; sure labcoin screws up.. But im not here for their management..
Im here for their chips on long term..

But if i sold everything and didnt care anymore i would not waste my time on labcoin, i would move on!
Sure checking news out of curiosity but nothing more; like bullshit fud messages you do. Why?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Developer
I find it funny that TheSwede has the same real name as a famous Swedish hockey player...
legendary

My most generous theory about what's happening-

The originally planned to solo mine.  That seemed like a good idea at the time, I guess, but they realized variance was going to kill them.  

So they moved to pool mining. But they didn't have software ready for it.  They assumed they could knock it out quickly, or their programmer told them he could anyway.

As often turns out to be the case, the programmer greatly underestimated the complexity of the task.

It could be they decided to pool as recently as a couple days ago and their coder is just in over his head somehow.

< / end generous theorizing >

As always, we'd know if they told us.  But they're determined to ruin their reputation by not letting us know.

They have got 3.3 BTC on Slush's pool and 1.1 BTC on BTCGuild. So it seems the pool mining worked, but only the mining self was not stable. Or, these BTCs were mined with other chips, such as the Avalons mentioned before.

The originally planned to solo mine.  That seemed like a good idea at the time, I guess, but they realized variance was going to kill them. 

So they moved to pool mining. But they didn't have software ready for it.  They assumed they could knock it out quickly, or their programmer told them he could anyway.

As often turns out to be the case, the programmer greatly underestimated the complexity of the task.

The problem is, even at 2Th/s they would have found multiple blocks by now.

As always, we'd know if they told us.  But they're determined to ruin their reputation by not letting us know.

And, thus the share price.
Activity: 420

The originally planned to solo mine.  That seemed like a good idea at the time, I guess, but they realized variance was going to kill them. 

So they moved to pool mining. But they didn't have software ready for it.  They assumed they could knock it out quickly, or their programmer told them he could anyway.

It could be they decided to pool as recently as a couple days ago and their coder is just in over his head somehow.

< / end generous theorizing >

As always, we'd know if they told us.  But they're determined to ruin their reputation by not letting us know.
Jump to: