Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 363. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 504
The more the propagandists confuse incompetence and fibbing with an actual scam, the less weight the term has when applied to actual fraud.

That's the beauty of well executed fraud, you perpetuate it in just the right way to be able to masquerade as a good intentioned venture from the get go, one which was only marred by 'unexpected' issues, they have just got into deep, they tried to make it work, etc. BFL is well known with this tactic "still in progress delivering guys!! it's ok we're not a scam we are making and sending hardware just not the quickest  "  

fraud
Wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.
A person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.
Synonyms
cheat - deceit - deception - swindle - humbug - fake

no two ways about it labcoin actions fit the definition above.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

They're seriously going to run this down to the last minute. 

I can't think of a reason but whatever reason they might have it doesn't look like anything positive.
I actually have problems believing they will post it by now.
I think they will anounce a new date without explaining why.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
that doesn't bode well...
Activity: 420

Activity: 476
If you dont even believe theseven, than you aint gonna believe it when you see the chips mining live in front of you.. Glass is half empty right?

bullshit, even TheSeven says he can't verify anything. If they show evidence, then we can judge the evidence, but as of yet, there has been nothing of substance.

TheSeven's comments are speculation, at best, as he has received the same amount of evidence as the rest of us: none.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
If you dont even believe theseven, than you aint gonna believe it when you see the chips mining live in front of you.. Glass is half empty right?

This is an odd logical argument. "If you don't believe some guy that a large percentage of the community trust, then you won't believe seeing absolute proof."

Just because he is trusted doesn't mean that substitutes for seeing chips mine in front of your eyes.

There is a huge difference between trusting a person no matter their credentials and actually seeing chips hashing in front of your eyes.
I don't think it will restore confidence, actually.  When the brain trust of G2 hasn't even heard from the team in a long time, that doesn't add confidence.  When even he doesn't have evidence that current tech is real, that doesn't help confidence.

You guys are trying to spin this positive, but it is not a positive development, at all.

Let's focus on the reasons why it has taken them weeks to copy and paste a mining address...  theSeven didn't address that, did he?

Listen to this man.

All TheSeven says is that he is working on something as an "external consultant". That means nothing.
They wanted his pretty name on their project so it doesn't look like a scam. So they "consulted" him.

Velacreations is a zealot, and a manic one at that. Take advice from zealots at your peril.

The more the propagandists confuse incompetence and fibbing with an actual scam, the less weight the term has when applied to actual fraud.
Activity: 266
I don't think it will restore confidence, actually.  When the brain trust of G2 hasn't even heard from the team in a long time, that doesn't add confidence.  When even he doesn't have evidence that current tech is real, that doesn't help confidence.

You guys are trying to spin this positive, but it is not a positive development, at all.

Let's focus on the reasons why it has taken them weeks to copy and paste a mining address...  theSeven didn't address that, did he?

Listen to this man.

All TheSeven says is that he is working on something as an "external consultant". That means nothing.
They wanted his pretty name on their project so it doesn't look like a scam. So they "consulted" him.

"From my point of view there are zero signs of a scamming plan (if it would be one, it would be an extremely elaborate one). However, as with any ASIC project, there is a lot of risks, and it's much too early to tell if this project will be successful in the end.
Please note that I don't have access to any physical hardware from them (yet), so I cannot verify if they actually have the chips that they are claiming to have. I have no reason to belive the contrary though."

Just noting-

It's no longer the 18th in China.
Activity: 252
Wish I had more bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000
off-topic: 54 shares left for AM to go under 2.0

No more bids for share >= 2.0

What an excellent time for Labcoin to capitalize on AM's decline.

People are definitely overreacting to the div news.

Then again, this community can always be counted on to overreact.

AM is getting to be a bargain...
Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

Activity: 532
https://karatcoin.co
what happens when they post an unsigned address with no funds?

I said "proof". That would require that they have blocks, which is a result of mining. Bonus for screenshots of hashrates. Did they state they would sign their blocks? If so, I'd expect that as well. I'll gauge what they provide at the moment and decide if it qualifies as enough proof. The idea that this is a scam is quickly dwindling for me, especially with theSeven's response. As of now it's only a matter of them getting the operation up and running. I don't want my Bitcoins tied up until that point, though.

Yes. They said they'd update their website with current hashrates. They said they'd employ a block signing mechanism similar to ASICMiner's. Obviously these things have not happened.

Obviously.

I'm also not in yet, but will be with acceptable proof.
Activity: 750
www.coinschedule.com
Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
Do I detect angel becoming a believer?

I'm not a good gambler. If they can give us more than words, then I'm buying. As simple as that!
Activity: 434

I said "proof". That would require that they have blocks, which is a result of mining. Bonus for screenshots of hashrates. Did they state they would sign their blocks? If so, I'd expect that as well. I'll gauge what they provide at the moment and decide if it qualifies as enough proof. The idea that this is a scam is quickly dwindling for me, especially with theSeven's response. As of now it's only a matter of them getting the operation up and running. I don't want my Bitcoins tied up until that point, though.

Yes. They said they'd update their website with current hashrates. They said they'd employ a block signing mechanism similar to ASICMiner's. Obviously these things have not happened.
Activity: 532
https://karatcoin.co

Activity: 392
If they post a real mining address in 4 hours, are you going back into labcoin ?

No, because that doesn't prove anything. It's a first step, but definitely not proof.
Getting 2 TH with bought hardware isn't that hard. They have to prove that they have their OWN hardware hashing.
But since they said we're not getting any of more of their laughable pictures, that train has left the station.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808
Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do
Do I detect angel becoming a believer?
Jump to: