Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 366. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Also, that wall at 0.003 seems to be the dumbest guy ever.  If it's going up, it's going a lot higher than that.  Why give money away?
what makes you think it is going up?

It might, it might not.

But if it does, it's going a lot higher than 0.003.

No way I'd have an open ask any lower than 0.005, at the very lowest.

At the same time, I wouldn't have a bid above 0.0012.

Activity: 462
Also, that wall at 0.003 seems to be the dumbest guy ever.  If it's going up, it's going a lot higher than that.  Why give money away?

This ^! They better have some extremely legit news or it's going allll the way down to IPO.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
Semi-/Inofficial Labcoin news:

I have talked to TheSeven the second time now. For the reference, TheSeven is a PPCoin pool operator and a contributer to the The Open Source FPGA Bitcoin Miner project. According to Labcoin, he is a generalist software developer, touched most layers from electronics to web development with a background on low level software (down to the hardware interface, bare-metal software, operating systems, kernel, etc.) and working mostly on the 65 nm generation. His website is fpgamining.com where he offers to design and sell custom FPGA based hardware. He acts as technical consultant and basically as HDL engineer for the second generation.

I'm really no fan of posting private messages, but he stated it's a standard response from now on, thus I feel comfortable with posting it here:

Hi,

please excuse that due to the high number of messages, I'm responding with a standard reply to anything Labcoin related right now.

First of all, Labcoin is not "my" project in any way. They have hired me as an external consultant on bitcoin-related aspects, and also accepted some of my proposals on the actual chip implementation. However these proposals are for their second generation chips, and I'm not involved with their first generation hardware at all, except for giving them some general advice on how things can be optimized.

I'm currently working on part of their second generation chip implementation, but haven't been in touch with the engineers that handle the first generation chips since quite a while. I also have no insight at all into their business plans or anything related.

From what they claim right now, they do have first generation chips, which seem to be somewhat working, but showing some issues, which they are working on. I do not have more detailed information on what exactly these issues are yet, however I might be able to look into that next week.

From my point of view there are zero signs of a scamming plan (if it would be one, it would be an extremely elaborate one). However, as with any ASIC project, there is a lot of risks, and it's much too early to tell if this project will be successful in the end.
Please note that I don't have access to any physical hardware from them (yet), so I cannot verify if they actually have the chips that they are claiming to have. I have no reason to belive the contrary though.

Please understand that I can't give you more detailed information right now.

All the best,

TheSeven

Activity: 476
So seriously, what's going to be different 5.5 hours from now
the share price will be considerably lower...

When will the dumping start?  We've got to be getting close to the time that the nervous start their panic...

Also, that wall at 0.003 seems to be the dumbest guy ever.  If it's going up, it's going a lot higher than that.  Why give money away?

Activity: 434
My guess is the 130nm chips didn't pass testing and are faulty. That would explain the full month setback.

I suspect that might be the case as it would explain their creepy behavior. If it is and management is going through all these contortions to hide this fact then there's no reason to hold shares. Their 65nm chips are still a ways off and management has already demonstrated a disturbing lack of transparency.
Activity: 476
So seriously, what's going to be different 5.5 hours from now
the share price will be considerably lower...

So seriously, what's going to be different 5.5 hours from now that they can post an address then but not now?
Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
LOL at you kids thinking you'll be able to tank it by asking for a signed message.

If that's your plan you're gonna need a new one.

To the moon ?

LOL at you kids thinking you'll be able to tank it by asking for a signed message.

If that's your plan you're gonna need a new one.

Activity: 714
Merit: 510
Even friedcat, who set the standards in Bitcoin mining, has recently experienced a few weeks delay on ASICMINER's new blades!
So I'm not surprised that Labcoin needed extra time to tweak everything. Despite everyone's best efforts unplanned issues can occur.

The short term share price fluctuations due to FUDsters trying to pump and dump does not concern me, as I'm in it for the long run. Only about 20% of public shares were traded during the recent "crisis".

This official update was posted only 4 days ago, and it has been buried with 135 pages of FUD!!!

UPDATE:

The Labcoin team is current tweaking boards and preparing for prodution
roll out of mining operation
. Public mining address/Pool name will
be released as soon as the mining operation reaches a stable hash rate.

We are aware a lot of people are waiting for a address or pool name
where they can follow the hash rate and this is a priority, however
Labcoin also does not want the same kind of 'hysteria' that surrounds
ASICMINER every time pool rate drops or increases.

Once the miners have been deemed '100%' and can reliably mine 24/7 hash
rate will be made public
and a new website will be launched where
shareholders can follow the growth in hash rate.

The 130 nm Chips run at approx 1.8 GH/s and the boards are still being
tweaked and tested so that once full production roll out starts
(approx 1-2 weeks)
they will mine reliably 24/7

Labcoin has already ordered and will take delivery of OVER 100,000 chips
with accompanying boards and controllers for miner production and
rollout through the month of October.

Within 20 days (early Oct) approx 20TH will be online. Hash rate will
then progressively reach over 50TH of mining power during the month
of October as miners are brought online.

The mining operation will then be scaled up as miners are deployed and
will reach and pass 100TH+ in November to reach 500TH during the
month of December.

Other news:

Gen 2 65nm development is on track. Due to the fast increase in network
diff Labcoin will likely not sell or
ship volume 130nm orders but rather work towards quick tape out and
first run of 65 nm for bulk customer orders and consumer miners.

The 130 nm chips are still highly profitable for mining in datacenter in
China due to the short lead time and availabilty of resources etc.

Labcoin sees no reason to risk shipping chips at this point when the
team can just build miners on-site in China and reach very high
revenue mining with the chips instead of selling them to end users.

TLDR; Miners are being tweaked and tested still and deployment of
'significant' hash rate will be happening in the next two weeks, to reach
approx 20TH within 20 days. During October 50TH+ will be rolled out, to
reach 100TH+ in November and 500TH during the month of December.
65 nm is on track.

I will also post pictures of board and chips in about 2minutes.

Edit: here are chips and boards.http://imgur.com/4yuBc9A

To clarify. Hash goal for Dec is 500th+ and that is from chips that are already ordered using IPO funds. Short term goal is 20 TH within 20 days, 50TH in Oct and 100+ in November. We consider it likely that we surpass both Oct and November goals.

This also means they wont be able to send any chips out for the community to test just to see if they really work.

My guess is the 130nm chips didn't pass testing and are faulty. That would explain the full month setback.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Activity: 308
legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000
If they can't sign with the address, I will consider it as a fake.

This is true, however ask yourself honestly, if the address is posted and looks genuine at first glance will the stock will soar high? I think there is a small chance this could happen. Anyone calling for a signed transaction as proof will be labelled and ignored as a FUDster. (Most people here have ignored me because of my logic)

When dealing with Labcoin throw logic out the window.

This is true, however ask yourself honestly, if the address is posted and looks genuine at first glance will the stock will soar high? I think there is a small chance this could happen. Anyone calling for a signed transaction as proof will be labelled and ignored as a FUDster. (Most people here have ignored me because of my logic)

Unfortunately the address will look good and the price will go up -.-
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

Jump to: