Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 509. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

Bear in mind there's nothing Labcoin/TheSwede could possibly say that the Fanatical FUD-Flinging Force couldn't somehow twist, spin, or conspiracy-theorize into something apocalyptic. I challenge anyone to think of something.

Let me first say I agree with you, FUDsters gonna FUD.

But as a creative exercise, let me take up your challenge:

Released from Labcoin:

Ok folks, here is our mining address, and if you look at the two blocks mined in the meantime, and decrypt the meaningless random characters inserted into the header, you will find two IP addresses that are assigned to two live 24-hour webcams running in our mining facility, with built-in hashing calculator live onscreen. One of the cameras is focused on our PCB fab area where our workers are tirelessly constructing ASIC blades and installing them live before your eyes. Watch as the hashing counter jumps for each board installed.

You will be able to confirm this number because we have also decided to mine in Slush's pool, where we are user #XXXX, and you can monitor our progress there.

I have also uploaded a video of the bench tests for our new 65nm chips, and they are overperforming by 10%. I would also like to submit a copy of the receipt for our latest tape-out order, notarized in triplicate by Burnside, The Minister of Technology for the People's Republic of China, and guest celebrity investor Warren Buffett. All three of these fine gentlemen will be available for a 20 minute videoconference an hour after this release has been posted, where they will be answering the top four voted questions posted in this thread.

And finally I would like to thank the investors for their patience. We are all socially inept, yet brilliant technicians. We honestly didn't think that two days without updates would cause so much panic. I guess that is why twitter is more popular than Charles Dickens nowadays.

Anyways, to all the faithful: Greetings new digital millionaires!

I'd like to see a FUDster spin that one...
Activity: 750
Merit: 500
www.coinschedule.com
So you cannot "annualize" the 50th/s dividends, it will be much more.

The problem is the rest of the network will also be growing.  Labcoin may be growing faster, or slower, or they may be growing at the same rate. By the time we get to October, we should know more about the next few months of network size.

But for now, we're trying to estimate the right price for the stock after the news comes out.   Sadly, I don't think it'll hit 0.01 or anything crazy like that.

Interestingly, TheSeven mentioned to creativex that their 65nm design could be ported to smaller process nodes. Moving to a 40nm size would be a step in the right direction.  Moving to 28nm would drive everyone crazy since people are obsessed with that number, way more they should be. I don't know if they can afford NRE on a 28nm core, though.

So yeah, I'd love to see the price double but I think the best we can hope for is a return to what the share price had been before all these PR problems materialized, 0.0038-0.004

Oh yeah, for old time's sake Grin

We don't need to wait until October.

I have been tracking all announced sales from all ASIC vendors since June, and I've been able to pretty accurately anticipate the difficulty month after month. I can tell you that the network hash rate will be about 1,300,000 mid October which means 50TH/s will generate BTC 4.4k in a month, divided by 10 million shares times 80% = 0.00035 BTC/share in dividends in October, or 10% of actual share price in just 1 month, while AsicMiner gives usually 1% per month, so just this simple math means that Labcoin could be worth 10x more already in October.

Then in December the network hash rate will be about almost 3,000,000 and 200TH/s will generate BTC 7.5k in a month, divided by 10 million shares times 80% = 0.0006 BTC/share or 20% of current price, so you see where this could go.

And this is not even counting with hardware sales, future chips, future increases in % of network hash rate, etc.
Activity: 574
Whatever the news, I predict lots of this:

Quote from: btct.co
Excessive wait trying to get lock on LABCOIN
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
the best we can hope for is a return to what the share price had been before all these PR problems materialized, 0.0038-0.004

That would be ridiculous as that price reflected considerable uncertainty. 

It could happen, though.  This market is anything but rational.

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

The problem is the rest of the network will also be growing.  Labcoin may be growing faster, or slower, or they may be growing at the same rate. By the time we get to October, we should know more about the next few months of network size.

But for now, we're trying to estimate the right price for the stock after the news comes out.   Sadly, I don't think it'll hit 0.01 or anything crazy like that.

Interestingly, TheSeven mentioned to creativex that their 65nm design could be ported to smaller process nodes. Moving to a 40nm size would be a step in the right direction.  Moving to 28nm would drive everyone crazy since people are obsessed with that number, way more they should be. I don't know if they can afford NRE on a 28nm core, though.

So yeah, I'd love to see the price double but I think the best we can hope for is a return to what the share price had been before all these PR problems materialized, 0.0038-0.004

Oh yeah, for old time's sake Grin

Would it be a disaster if there were some positive news but the shareprice only went up to, let's say, 0.004 after an initial surge to 0.005?

I like people's optimism but even with good news, I can't see the price going that crazy, not when many speculators will start to sell the moment it reaches 0.0045.

If they provide solid proof of hashing and it stabilizes at 0.004, I'm done with it.  Better opportunities elsewhere.
Activity: 750
www.coinschedule.com
You're kidding yourself if you think this thing won't look like a rocket launch on good news/solid proof of hashing.

Agreed, it will likely shoot up to .01

Right now it's about 967BTC to 0.004.  It was over 1000 earlier, but still.  That's over $100,000 of asks that would need  to be bought or filled to get to four.

Getting to 0.01 would take 4,000 BTC.  Like half a million dollars. I'm not seeing it.

I'd be happy with 0.004. We might see some flippers like with the ActM eASIC deal (okay, I was one of them) but the order book is too deep to see a huge spike, unless those asks evaporate.

Hashfast and cointerra combined did about $17 million in pre-orders. , at $7/Gh, that comes out to 2.4PH/s.  Combined with existing mining capcity at 0.8Ph/s if Labcoin captures 50Th/s like they've planed by the end of October, they're likely looking at 1.5% of the network at the start of November, if HashFast and cointerra ship quickly.

That means about 56 BTC/day (about 2 blocks), or 20k btc annualized. With 10m shares, that means an annualized dividend of just 0.00204.  I don't think people are going to value LC like ASICMiner right off the bat.

However, the dividend from October, before all this stuff hits the network should be pretty nice, although it will depend on how much hardware KnC ships in the same time frame.

This is not right. You are forgetting a few things:

1) Hardware sales profits
2) Labcoin will not stop at 50TH/s, objective is 200TH/s in December
3) It will not stop at 200TH/s in December either, they will continue and their objective is to capture 15% of the Network in the long run.

You're kidding yourself if you think this thing won't look like a rocket launch on good news/solid proof of hashing.

Agreed, it will likely shoot up to .01

Right now it's about 967BTC to 0.004.  It was over 1000 earlier, but still.  That's over $100,000 of asks that would need  to be bought or filled to get to four.

Getting to 0.01 would take 4,000 BTC.  Like half a million dollars. I'm not seeing it.

I'd be happy with 0.004. We might see some flippers like with the ActM eASIC deal (okay, I was one of them) but the order book is too deep to see a huge spike, unless those asks evaporate.

Hashfast and cointerra combined did about $17 million in pre-orders. , at $7/Gh, that comes out to 2.4PH/s.  Combined with existing mining capcity at 0.8Ph/s if Labcoin captures 50Th/s like they've planed by the end of October, they're likely looking at 1.5% of the network at the start of November, if HashFast and cointerra ship quickly.

That means about 56 BTC/day (about 2 blocks), or 20k btc annualized. With 10m shares, that means an annualized dividend of just 0.00204.  I don't think people are going to value LC like ASICMiner right off the bat.

However, the dividend from October, before all this stuff hits the network should be pretty nice, although it will depend on how much hardware KnC ships in the same time frame.
Activity: 602
myBitcoin.Garden
Would it be a disaster if there were some positive news but the shareprice only went up to, let's say, 0.004 after an initial surge to 0.005?

I like people's optimism but even with good news, I can't see the price going that crazy, not when many speculators will start to sell the moment it reaches 0.0045.

N_S
labcoin and Swede online, SO WHAT'S UP ?

hopefully nothing for another 3hrs
Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
labcoin and Swede online, SO WHAT'S UP ?
Activity: 434
Not following the soap opera as closely as you or I? .004 is a 300% gain over IPO price. .0075 is a...I think you get the point.
Activity: 356
Merit: 255

There are 1000BTC between here and .004 - the most that's been between "here" and "there" for a long time (relatively speaking)

We've all seen how quickly those orders can vaporize/move in both directions. Counting on people leaving asks in place is a mistake, particularly as LC actually gave a date & time certain for news delivery for a change. .004(4x IPO) has been resistance thus far because LC has presented a whole lot of words with nothing much to back them. If/when those words get backed by something of even questionable merit many of those asks will disappear or get quickly eaten.
Oh, I'm not counting on anything - just saying that there are more asks between here and .004 than I remember ever seeing. That's a lot of inertia to overcome, even if asks are pulled (but, really - if someone is expecting good news, why wouldn't they put their asks at their actual target now instead of waiting?)

There are 1000BTC between here and .004 - the most that's been between "here" and "there" for a long time (relatively speaking)

We've all seen how quickly those orders can vaporize/move in both directions. Counting on people leaving asks in place is a mistake, particularly as LC actually gave a date & time certain for news delivery for a change. .004(4x IPO) has been resistance thus far because LC has presented a whole lot of words with nothing much to back them. If/when those words get backed by something of even questionable merit many of those asks will disappear or get quickly eaten.

0.0075 is the big resistance point.  750 BTC in asks sitting there for some reason.

I do expect a LOT of fingers to be hovering over 'cancel' buttons in a few hours, on both sides of the book.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808
Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do
All they need to do is backup what has been said
N_S
I just can't wrap my head around how we could be at this point and then hear monumentally positive news...?

I mean, this isn't Hollywood.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808
Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do
Predictions for the peak of the spike and what it settles down to?

I'm thinking maybe spike to 0.007 and settle at 0.0055 - 0.006.    Depending on how many people cancel asks, of course.
Good news with poof will see us hit 0.009xx
Bear in mind there's nothing Labcoin/TheSwede could possibly say that the Fanatical FUD-Flinging Force couldn't somehow twist, spin, or conspiracy-theorize into something apocalyptic. I challenge anyone to think of something.

Gimme 3 hours or so and I'm sure I'll come up with something.

Who wants to make a bet then?  Are we sure there'll be news when that timer hits zero?

We are taking a bet by holding the stock.
Activity: 434

Activity: 602
myBitcoin.Garden
Predictions for the peak of the spike and what it settles down to?

I'm thinking maybe spike to 0.007 and settle at 0.0055 - 0.006.    Depending on how many people cancel asks, of course.
Good news with poof will see us hit 0.009xx

Gimme 3 hours or so and I'm sure I'll come up with something.

Who wants to make a bet then?  Are we sure there'll be news when that timer hits zero?
Jump to: