Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 681. (Read 1079974 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

People should cash out and sell their btc for fiat before the exchange rate crashes.
What if it doesn't crash?

It'll crash, but when and to what level is the question. 

At some point people have to offer their btc for sale.  We haven't reached that point yet.

I took 85BTC worth of labcoin shares off the table. 

Coinbase just makes it to easy.

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

People should cash out and sell their btc for fiat before the exchange rate crashes.

It'll crash, but when and to what level is the question. 

At some point people have to offer their btc for sale.  We haven't reached that point yet.
Activity: 378

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

In your dreams, we are going above 0.004 in a matter of hours.

Around 130k shares to be bought before we hit 0.004

http://bitcoinstats.nl/LABCOIN_script/create_graphs/html/LABCOIN_ORDERS.gif
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

We're due for another selloff soon.

Grin

In your dreams, we are going above 0.004 in a matter of hours.

We're due for another selloff soon.

Grin
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I did another size comparison, for those of us who don't smoke Tongue

Although... is the 10mm the width of the package or the width all the way to the tips of the pins? If so it would actually be even smaller in comparison to the penny...
Activity: 588
Merit: 504
when did they change size to 10x10 from 6.5 x 6.5- - can you post the link where it says that?

They didn't. According to LAB the die size is 6.5 x 6.5 mm and I assumed the size of a QFP44 package is rougly 10 x 10 mm.

maybe you got confused like labcoin did, easy mistake to make

reserved

From your website: 0.18 um (micrometers) /180nm (nanometers) die size custom design.  Huh
Maybe you meant feature size.

Sorry, some typos here and there, will be fixed shortly. Thanks for the head-up. I clearly meant feature size.

I'm not one of the engineers but i'm in charge of creating the text contents you are reading, so you may encounter some small quirks like that one, the text will be fixed properly anyways in due time.

EDIT : Fixed all instances of the typo.

Cheers

"300M*16=4.8G, 0.8*16=12.8W, Area=130,0000*16=2080,0000, make the utilization ratio to 50%, the chip size will be about 4160,0000um2, about 6.5mm x 6.5mm"

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
when did they change size to 10x10 from 6.5 x 6.5- - can you post the link where it says that?

They didn't. According to LAB the die size is 6.5 x 6.5 mm and I assumed the size of a QFP44 package is rougly 10 x 10 mm.
Activity: 588
Merit: 504
The LQFP44 package is 10x10mm actually. Your comparison seems ok then. Non-standard warning label on the cigarette pack though Cheesy.

Yes, I assumed it would be roughly 10x10 mm. A cigarette pack should have a length of 86 mm. I'm sure it's not 100 % accurate, but it was only intended to provide some comparison anyway. Wink

well the text was pixellated simply because it's high resolution photo, then non vector labcoin logo added in graphics manipulation program..when did they change size to 10x10 from 6.5 x 6.5- - can you post the link where it says that?

I thought they blew up and printed out the shitty low res logo on paper and laid the chips on that. Then took the photo.

Pretty sure that this is the low-tech answer, everyone

yes looks like u right. shame fabrizio cant afford photoshop still using GIMP

what are you guys predictions on the specifications? bearing in mind other teams who received chips some time ago, and those that are due to receive very shortly  have squeezed about 3.5% to 9% of what labcoins devs have aimed for on same process node and highest demonstrated performance using 5 year newer technology, full custom, hand routed design, 756 2xsha256 cores realisticall achieve more like 30%-60% of what labcoin grp claim? simulation is not reality

anybody has heard of the term "thermal resistance" in context of chip packaging?

I like this answers from core dev

How can you fit 16 cores on 6.5x6.5 ? How many cores on average per chip, what is your assumption The cores we have fit are not classical "unrolled cores",the cores as we mean them are the result of our engineering effort. i'll pass the questions i can't reply to the lead developer

How is it possible to create chips with a such much better performance than the competitors. You've arranged them to fit more on the same size? For that to be possible, not only each Labcoin core would have to be ~42% smaller [65/130*(6.52)/(7.12)] than each BFL core but also the Labcoin chip would magically operate at a higher frequency (300MHz vs 250MHz) while keeping the same power draw... rolled cores instead of unrolled, sea-of-hashers approach. as in sea-of-gates. you can google this term and find out more about what it means technically
Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
no one is trading since the rise of btc price

Week-end and holidays. At least there is no selling-out today. Anyway, it would be stupid to sell-all, exchange your btc=>usd and ask yourself 2 months later: "wtf did i do. BTC is now 2xx USD, labcoin is now 0.005+".
legendary
Activity: 1386
The LQFP44 package is 10x10mm actually. Your comparison seems ok then. Non-standard warning label on the cigarette pack though Cheesy.

Yes, I assumed it would be roughly 10x10 mm. A cigarette pack should have a length of 86 mm. I'm sure it's not 100 % accurate, but it was only intended to provide some comparison anyway. Wink

well the text was pixellated simply because it's high resolution photo, then non vector labcoin logo added in graphics manipulation program..when did they change size to 10x10 from 6.5 x 6.5- - can you post the link where it says that?

I thought they blew up and printed out the shitty low res logo on paper and laid the chips on that. Then took the photo.

Pretty sure that this is the low-tech answer, everyone
Activity: 258
You can trust me, I have an avatar

Activity: 837
no one is trading since the rise of btc price
legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
Seems like the "wall" is set at .003850ish

Cool

Im cool with that for now

Yup, it means no more bubble for now. That's good to keep the share price stable if there are no news atm. Let's wait for the next step.
legendary
Activity: 1311

Smaller means better. I think we will be hitting 0.004 in minutes!

I doubt it, at least until we know the chips actually work.

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
For the test run we opted for QFP packaging, 44 pin, no exposed heat pad, here is a small preview :

I was wondering: why is the "labcoin" so pixelated?

Till I realized that the picture is zoomed. This might be a proper size comparison:

They seem to come rolled ready for a pick and place machine like here: http://youtu.be/OQY3Y8shBY8?t=3m28s

Smaller means better. I think we will be hitting 0.004 in minutes!
legendary
For the test run we opted for QFP packaging, 44 pin, no exposed heat pad, here is a small preview :

I was wondering: why is the "labcoin" so pixelated?

Till I realized that the picture is zoomed. This might be a proper size comparison:

They seem to come rolled ready for a pick and place machine like here: http://youtu.be/OQY3Y8shBY8?t=3m28s
Jump to: