Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 818. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
They never promised you lots of money in the short term? You
convinced yourself that, and bought for that reason, no?

People are so quick to fuel the hype machine without thinking hard
about what they're hyping even is in the first place.

e: and isn't icedrill's manufacturer going to start shipping before
even sending out a test unit.. so they can rush to market. not
saying it's a 100% fail idea, but it drastically increases the risk
involved with the company in general, investing or otherwise.

He was being sarcastic...
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Wooosh
Activity: 245

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
This fear mongering is amazing.

Do you guys actually think the whole thing is a scam? What would be their angle? They got the money already, if they were to take it and run, they would have done so already.
And that is all I need to evaluate. I believe that they are working on getting this done, and I believe they eventually will. I don't believe that they are possibly that incompetent that they'll end the project with just giving up. And even if they end up with an underperforming chip, they're getting it at production cost, which means they are at the top of the food chain, right with AM.

Then you have projects like icedrill, where someone is buying hardware at retail cost from a producer, and pays out just about half of the profits to the shareholders, and people are actually jumping on it. It boggles my mind, really.

+1
I'll have my patience till next weekend. As they said the result of first run will be revealed.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Do you guys actually think the whole thing is a scam? What would be their angle? They got the money already, if they were to take it and run, they would have done so already.
And that is all I need to evaluate. I believe that they are working on getting this done, and I believe they eventually will. I don't believe that they are possibly that incompetent that they'll end the project with just giving up. And even if they end up with an underperforming chip, they're getting it at production cost, which means they are at the top of the food chain, right with AM.

Then you have projects like icedrill, where someone is buying hardware at retail cost from a producer, and pays out just about half of the profits to the shareholders, and people are actually jumping on it. It boggles my mind, really.

IPO was 9 days ago and I haven't made the truckload of bitcoin Labcoin promised me. This is clearly a scam with 3 million shares unaccounted for. At-least AMC won't increase their share or have millions of share unaccounted for. I know BFL will deliver my preorder, I'm on the waiting list. I think I'm pulling out for Icedrill it sounds legit.

Activity: 392

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
I really think that LC knows what they're doing with the development side, but didn't consider the constant contact they'd need to keep with the BTCtalk community. They were smart to engage TheSwede to be their forum liaison, but he can only do so much if they provide him with limited information.
Activity: 337
Merit: 252
Shareholders are loosing trust here.
But how did shareholders gain trust before?

I don't know what others did, but for me it was because of the involvement of one of the developers. After a chat on IRC I decided it was probably not a scam. Maybe incompetence, but not an outright scam. That's no proof but, I did the best I could.
Activity: 393
Shareholders are loosing trust here.
But how did shareholders gain trust before?

Following posts on their research & development, people believed in this project (wrongly or not is to be seen). Hence sold out IPO before its start (some of this *might* have been due to speculation, but still).
Lack of communication on important points make investors uneasy, lose confidence and sell off.

I have the feeling I m stating the obvious here.
Activity: 337
Merit: 252
The questions are piling up. Let's get this straightened out.

Labcoin, please

a) publicize the holdings of the major shareholder(s). If you want to keep out the developers, that's ok, but Farizio and Samuel is a must.

b) give proof of what has happened to the income from the IPO. How much is still in the IPO account? How much is still in Bitcoins? What bitcoin addresses?

Thank you.
Activity: 393
Activity: 964
Merit: 509
Until I see where the 3 million shares are, I consider this a scam. Why aren't you showing us your portfolios?

There's no way to sell 3 million shares any time soon, so I'm not super concerned at this point.

Having said that, this seems like a very simple issue to resolve.  Send the account info to Burnside ASAP.

Volume without IPO funds = 11472.7 BTC

I am not saying they sold all 3 M. My guess is 25% or 750 000 shares.

Yes, I also guess is already sold 25%!!

That would mean no major other trades were made.

Why is that?

Mistake of mine, got the deciamal point wrong. Sorry.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Reading back the last couple of pages.
I'm not getting more confidence in this share after the Q&A, quite the opposite I'm thinking about pulling back my shares.

The reason for me ?
Mostly the vaguely communication from Labcoin and their tendency to dodge tough questions
which i find quite... alarming.

I'll give it another 72 hours before i make my final decision, hope in the meanwhile that labcoin takes the time to reassure us is that everything is kosher up there.

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I do not sell Bitcoins. I sell SHA256(SHA256()).
They sold 1.2 million shares.
Activity: 770
Until I see where the 3 million shares are, I consider this a scam. Why aren't you showing us your portfolios?

There's no way to sell 3 million shares any time soon, so I'm not super concerned at this point.

Having said that, this seems like a very simple issue to resolve.  Send the account info to Burnside ASAP.

Why is that?
Activity: 964
Merit: 509

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

Activity: 420

Having said that, this seems like a very simple issue to resolve.  Send the account info to Burnside ASAP.

Jump to: