Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 819. (Read 1079974 times)

Vbs
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Technical Details (Translated from various Bitfury Posts)
  • The design is built on the 65nm UMC Process (http://www.umc.com/English/process/a.asp)
  • Bitcoin Engines: 756 Rolled cores (65 Cycles per Hash)
  • Expected operational frequency: 250Mhz-900Mhz
  • Packaging: QFN48
  • Conservative design, could be 40% smaller
  • Risk interconnect and transistor variations +/- 20%
  • Core implemented using full custom design process (some global place & route)
  • Number of transistors per "core": 55,000
  • Power estimate obtained from hspice simulation
  • Design optimised for low power and minimum size rather than high clock rate

Each chip is capable of 2.8-10.4Gh/s using a 756 core design
Estimated Chip Power Consumption: 1.96-7.26W (0.7W per 1Gh/s)
Estimated Power Consumption at Wall: 1.4W per 1Gh/s (<200W per 120Gh/s Device)

In case ppl don't know, a "sea-of-gates" chip is also a type of structured ASIC where only the metal layer needs to be customized.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer
the 3 million shares should either not be tradeable on BTCT until a certain amount of time
OR the shares should be marked/colored in a way so that people know that they are buying the team's shares. this would also indicate for everyone to panic - heh

I agree, there's a reason there's a IPO "lock up" period for insiders in real world IPO. Especially when labcoin is going against the norm on btct (insider shares are not normally tradable)

I would like to point out that the 'Lock in' period for founders/insiders is one of those 'sometimes there is one, sometimes not'. I can also say that the Labcoin team didn't even consider this in the IPO process due to no one being interested in selling out shares in the project. That said, I will talk to Sam this weekend to see about a public solution that will allow share holders to feel secure in that the Labcoin founders and developers are not selling out.

Two ways this can be addressed on BTCT.

- The founders could turn on their public portfolios and publish a list of url's where the shares are held.
- (with Labcoin's consent) if they send us a list of accounts that are holding the shares we can lock the accounts and publicly state the number of shares effectively "in escrow".

WAITING

I just need a list of accounts to lock.  (feel free to PM or email me.)

Cheers.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
the 3 million shares should either not be tradeable on BTCT until a certain amount of time
OR the shares should be marked/colored in a way so that people know that they are buying the team's shares. this would also indicate for everyone to panic - heh

I agree, there's a reason there's a IPO "lock up" period for insiders in real world IPO. Especially when labcoin is going against the norm on btct (insider shares are not normally tradable)

I would like to point out that the 'Lock in' period for founders/insiders is one of those 'sometimes there is one, sometimes not'. I can also say that the Labcoin team didn't even consider this in the IPO process due to no one being interested in selling out shares in the project. That said, I will talk to Sam this weekend to see about a public solution that will allow share holders to feel secure in that the Labcoin founders and developers are not selling out.

Two ways this can be addressed on BTCT.

- The founders could turn on their public portfolios and publish a list of url's where the shares are held.
- (with Labcoin's consent) if they send us a list of accounts that are holding the shares we can lock the accounts and publicly state the number of shares effectively "in escrow".

WAITING
Activity: 245
Merit: 250
Was it a scam when you were trying to buy shares in the IPO as well, or is it some form of new revelation you have had? I guess I am just curious.

it's a scam all along, i was just blinded by greed; same story for you and any others who try and brush the bullshit under the rug

I get the feeling here you haven't tried to brush bullshit under a rug before.

e: Also, I was on IRC and the price only increased during.

I'm not a shareholder, although I'm curious to see what the management and other devs have to say tom.. today.
Activity: 266
I would like to visit your Lab in Shengzhen, if I have a business trip there later.

Are your lab located in ShengZhen University? 
May  be in Shenzhen University City

Here:
Office, pictures:
we’ll be getting an office in the Nanshan high-tech park, shenzhen
we’ll have up to 25 kW electricity link available and plenty of room conditioning, initially we’ll be rolling out our own datacenter
Lab is located in SZ, at the university facility, we’ll be moving shorty to another office
oh```thanks
Activity: 379
I would like to visit your Lab in Shengzhen, if I have a business trip there later.

Here:
Office, pictures:
we’ll be getting an office in the Nanshan high-tech park, shenzhen
we’ll have up to 25 kW electricity link available and plenty of room conditioning, initially we’ll be rolling out our own datacenter
Lab is located in SZ, at the university facility, we’ll be moving shorty to another office

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

i am  in  gz , I can come when labcoin is available. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Activity: 379
TheSwede75, I hear that labcoin team has a lab in SZ. Is there any chance to visit their lab? I can come when labcoin is available.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I think he may be on to something guys. I didn't become a millionaire after the first week of labcoin IPO. This raises a lot of suspicion.  Where are my millions of dollars Swede? You have explaining to do.
+1

Lol.

We'll find out soon enough if they're a scam or not. Some people have zero patience, apparently.

Either that or he's a genius and calls this a scam to drive prices down so he can buy more!
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Thanks for the transcript I was offline at the time but nice to be caught up will be interesting to see those chips soon.
Activity: 238
I think he may be on to something guys. I didn't become a millionaire after the first week of labcoin IPO. This raises a lot of suspicion.  Where are my millions of dollars Swede? You have explaining to do.
+1

Lol.

We'll find out soon enough if they're a scam or not. Some people have zero patience, apparently.
Activity: 280
Merit: 13
That is usually the way to be white-listed, I will ask Sam what the holdup seems to be.

Take a little time to get your stories straight an have a smoke, maybe get the read only api done... when you come up with half decent excuses, you can start preparing excuses for next questions  Kiss

Activity: 182
Update:

Sam has also informed me that accounts have Ben created for Founder/Developers to take a more active part in the conversation here on bitcointalk.org

The accounts are waiting to be white listed by the forum admins.

which accounts exactly? mr zhenhuas anonymous assistant who's not authorised to release his credentials,, be serious

+1
Activity: 224
i'm not saying it's a scam  at all. the whole IPO happened WAY too quick WITHOUT fully having all questions and answers out in the open. that's the problem. IRL people don't just give their money away without at least a good amount of due diligence.

Dude, this is "RL". People throw money at things all the time without paying any attention at all.
____

Also, what is this stuff about "being whitelisted"?  All you have to do is post a couple comments in newbie jail and then wait a couple hours.

That is usually the way to be white-listed, I will ask Sam what the holdup seems to be.
Activity: 238
i'm not saying it's a scam  at all. the whole IPO happened WAY too quick WITHOUT fully having all questions and answers out in the open. that's the problem. IRL people don't just give their money away without at least a good amount of due diligence.

Dude, this is "RL". People throw money at things all the time without paying any attention at all.
____

Also, what is this stuff about "being whitelisted"?  All you have to do is post a couple comments in newbie jail and then wait a couple hours.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
really hope it's not a scam. have everyone's identities been verified by anyone? Swede- have you skyped or had visual confirmations of the team?
i'm still assuming NOT going to have many issues but just out of curiosity

In case anyone's actually worried about all of this, I did assist them in selling the Avalon unit referenced in the 'g0tavalon' Reddit thread in the PDF.

I use 'twentyseventy' as my username at both sites.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1frjon/looking_for_someone_with_an_ebay_seller_account/

So, was the ID provided and did it match any of the people operating Labcoin?

Yes, ID was provided and, without providing too much information, it is someone associated with Labcoin and Fabrizio Tatti. The transaction went smoothly and the seller was concerned with maximizing the amount of money they would receive for the Avalon so that they could put the money towards Labcoin. That's my main reason for being pretty excited about the company.

I don't want to sound like a shill or anything, I had nothing to do with anyone from LC prior to the eBay/Avalon venture.
Activity: 224
Update:

Sam has also informed me that accounts have Ben created for Founder/Developers to take a more active part in the conversation here on bitcointalk.org

The accounts are waiting to be white listed by the forum admins.

which accounts exactly? mr zhenhuas anonymous assistant who's not authorised to release his credentials,, be serious

You apparently do not even understand how bitcointalk works, and also maybe make up your mind whether or not you purchased shares, was greedy, wasn't greedy or is selling or dumping shares. It seems you are getting a little confused.

Unfortunately for you I am thinking your efforts to manipulate the share price with posts here and dumping shares far under buy order price will just cause you to lose money.

Anywho, I feel that you have gotten enough attention for no reason at all.
Activity: 709
Merit: 500
Gridcoin Foundation
probably we should open a Poll whether it's a scam or not...

I'm not really sure what to vote
Jump to: