Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 836. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
1.21 GIGA WATTS
Thanks for the update Labcoin and TheSwede
I'll be looking forward to the Q&A session.

keep up the good work and good luck
cheers
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
I would also say that considering the vote "Anonymous voted NO with comment: I wouldn't trust the operator at all, well known troll
" being Anonymous, chances are maybe it's just someone that did not invest, missed cutoff or wanting to effect the price of the share. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion but since everyone likes a good conspiracy theory, lets go with that  Cool
Activity: 518
TheSwede75:
can you explain why a votor of BTCT commented that "I wouldn't trust the operator at all, well known troll"?

UPDATE:

I was pretty 'Trolly' and outspoken in my early days especially in the BTC-E.com's trollbox. Since then I "got over" Alt Currencies and chilled out a lot. If anyone wants to judge me based on Trollbox chatter, I guess that is up to them. I would probably consider my flawless trading history, group-buy organization etc more important factors when assessing my 'honesty' though. Besides that, I am not one of the Founders or Developers inside Labcoin but just someone that helped out in the IPO and serves as an additional communication resource, so I am not sure why me being a 'troll' would have to do with the Security.

TLDR: I may have (have had) a big mouth and short temper from time to time, but I have never scammed anyone.

OUTSTANDING SHARES:

Also I was asked to clarify the 'outstanding shares' on BTCT.CO. For some time the outstanding shares on BTCT.CO was incorrect (not sure why, probably due to the script we ran to place the shares). This number is now 10 Million (10.000.000) which represents ALL the shares of Labcoin. This number will NOT change and Labcoin will NOT sell more shares. I hope that clears up any confusion.

Q/A UPDATE:

The coming days Developer from Labcoin as well as Sam himself will answer technical/development questions as well as describe the near future. Expect several posts.

This is not an explanation. Like I said, BTCT only shows shares as outstanding if they have been sold or rendered to another account by doing an internal share transfer. The total Outstanding should be 7m, not 10m
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
TheSwede75:
why you had time to buy car and silver today, but did not answer our questions timely?why?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2850903
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2850917

your trying way to hard
TheSwede75:
why you had time to buy car and silver today, but did not answer our questions timely?why?

Well, I haven't bought a car (actually my GF wanting to buy it). But I also already mentioned that I would wait for Sam and some Q/A to start posting and some answers to be received before I would post.

Edit: I am also trying to move some of the 'question answering' over to the Labcoin team as my answers may effect the price of shares and I REALLY don't want to cause anyone to lose money because I misspeak on any aspects of the project.
TheSwede75:
can you explain why a votor of BTCT commented that "I wouldn't trust the operator at all, well known troll"?

UPDATE:

I was pretty 'Trolly' and outspoken in my early days especially in the BTC-E.com's trollbox. Since then I "got over" Alt Currencies and chilled out a lot. If anyone wants to judge me based on Trollbox chatter, I guess that is up to them. I would probably consider my flawless trading history, group-buy organization etc more important factors when assessing my 'honesty' though. Besides that, I am not one of the Founders or Developers inside Labcoin but just someone that helped out in the IPO and serves as an additional communication resource, so I am not sure why me being a 'troll' would have to do with the Security.

TLDR: I may have (have had) a big mouth and short temper from time to time, but I have never scammed anyone.

OUTSTANDING SHARES:

Also I was asked to clarify the 'outstanding shares' on BTCT.CO. For some time the outstanding shares on BTCT.CO was incorrect (not sure why, probably due to the script we ran to place the shares). This number is now 10 Million (10.000.000) which represents ALL the shares of Labcoin. This number will NOT change and Labcoin will NOT sell more shares. I hope that clears up any confusion.

Q/A UPDATE:

The coming days Developer from Labcoin as well as Sam himself will answer technical/development questions as well as describe the near future. Expect several posts.
Activity: 144
TheSwede75:

Activity: 154
Labcoin.com
1. Chip specifications

There are substantial differences in the way  the BFL chip is produced. They do employ a standard cell ASIC, while we went for a custom design with a focus on performances, achieved via a complex place & route procedure, which took our team almost one full-immersion month of work to complete.
We do confirm that we're expecting to obtain the initially declared performances with the 130nm round, but we will wait for the ICs to be ready, to better assess the yield quality in terms of chip grades.

2. 130 nm vs. newer technology

While 28nm technology is indeed superior, if fully taken advantage of, the NRE costs are enormously different, and so are the skills needed to design a working chip. We don't have the required resources, and we do not think the results obtainable are worth the costs right now, this is a strategy we will explore in the future.
We are happy with the obtained high performances and low consumptions with 130nm and we will show another breaktru' when the 65nm design is ready.

3. ETA

130nm IC is estimated to be delivered in early September and to be mining 7-10 days later.
65nm IC is still under development and no ETA is available yet.

4. General timeline

The following days we will focus on Q/A session and on the normal activities pertaining to our project.
As per your request of more pictures, here are some images of our test environment, with the WR703N router working as real world interface for the simulated IC running on the fpga.

Activity: 337
Merit: 252
The owners are Italians living in China you idiots. Don't you research anything?

I think you need to do more research. Yes, the sole owner is Italian, but the team is a mix of Europeans/Asians living in Hong Kong.

And apparently his wife. Am I wrong? Please enlighten me. What team btw? Labcoin seem to have a tendency to call single individuals "teams".
Activity: 602
I highly doubt Kok even has any relative clue of the actual markets he was probably assuming you meant the BTC world also to be on topic,

Good thing we are not investing in Swede's company considering he is only the messenger

i was just making a point when people are saying Chinese Companies HAVE to be a good investment.
usually when a real IPO occurs in China is too late to get good returns
(unless you are a psychic)
maybe in btc world  -
ajk
donator
Activity: 447
Merit: 250
I highly doubt Kok even has any relative clue of the actual markets he was probably assuming you meant the BTC world also to be on topic,

Good thing we are not investing in Swede's company considering he is only the messenger
Activity: 602
FYI, chinese companies have averaged negative returns for foreign investors over the last 20+ years
yes, this means exactly that. on average foreign investors have lost money investing into chinese companies (after ipos)

as to who is better labcoin or btcgarden - who KNOWS-  noone at the moment. btc garden values itself 6x more than labcoin and the question is are the chances of them delivering and being a better company 6x higher?

Burnside - you should get CONFIRMATIONS from foundries saying that they have contracts or are manufacturing for said companies to confirm at least some legitimacy from mining companies

back to the regular programing

I highly doubt that's true (chinese companies have negative returns for investors), any source to support your claim?

my bad- not negative - i remembered wrong
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-07-14/china-wealth-eluding-foreigners-as-equities-earn-1-for-20-years.html
1% a year returns (lower than inflation most years) so i guess could be considered negative
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
TheSwede75:

Just read TheSwede75's post history? surely you'll understand, lol
Activity: 203
The owners are Italians living in China you idiots. Don't you research anything?

I think you need to do more research. Yes, the sole owner is Italian, but the team is a mix of Europeans/Asians living in Hong Kong.
Activity: 144
TheSwede75:
Activity: 560
FYI, chinese companies have averaged negative returns for foreign investors over the last 20+ years
yes, this means exactly that. on average foreign investors have lost money investing into chinese companies (after ipos)

as to who is better labcoin or btcgarden - who KNOWS-  noone at the moment. btc garden values itself 6x more than labcoin and the question is are the chances of them delivering and being a better company 6x higher?

Burnside - you should get CONFIRMATIONS from foundries saying that they have contracts or are manufacturing for said companies to confirm at least some legitimacy from mining companies

Success is not bound to any nationality or region, rather on the aptitude of the leader(s). Those investors must of not done their homework then. Correlation does not imply causation.
Activity: 337
Merit: 252
ajk
donator
Activity: 447
Merit: 250
Protip:
Put Kokojie on ignore and you will retain your level of intelligence reading his posts WILL cause brain damage from level of stupidity
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003
Are you saying you don't think Labcoin is Chinese?

I think "half Chinese" more accurately describes labcoin, and with "TheSwede75" as their PR person, I almost think this is a prank/trolling attempt.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

as to who is better labcoin or btcgarden - who KNOWS-  noone at the moment. btc garden values itself 6x more than labcoin and the question is are the chances of them delivering and being a better company 6x higher?

I highly doubt that's true (chinese companies have negative returns for investors), any source to support your claim?
Jump to: