Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 855. (Read 1079974 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Touchdown
So it looks like ~40% of share bid accepted?
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Yeah I'm pissed off - and actually, I'm pretty bloody entitled to be pissed off.

Are you? Or is it just faux outrage because talking down the stock didn't work? You've been dyspeptic since your first post in this thread.

Hand on heart, indeed.

1. 11 year old technology
2. 130nm chips will not mine at a profit within 5-8 months
3. 130nm chips coming online at the same time as 28nm chips from two other suppliers
4. 65nm chips due to be developed in 2014.... when 28nm chips are already on the market, as well as bulk 65nm chips
5. Not hashing until they can get their own hardware online (it took BFL 12+ months)
6. F*d up the IPO and pissed off potential investors before they even started....

remind me, why are people investing in this ipo?

I think BTC IPO's are a bubble... a massive massive bubble. The idea that people are prepared to buy this shit illustrates that fact completely.

Hand on heart - this one is not for me. For the reasons above.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Well looks like the demand for labcoin will be high on launch
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
I just wanted to buy some shares. Sad

Is that too much to ask?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
8PM Central Standard Time USA

I believe it will be Central DAYLIGHT time.

It will be 2 hours 23 minutes from this post.
Activity: 238

I believe it will be Central DAYLIGHT time.
Activity: 887
To all of those, whose remaining BTC is still locked: Go to "Wallet", then click refresh next to your balance. Did the trick for me Wink

Thanks pal!
Activity: 392
In the real world of IPO's it is common for registered buyers including institutional investors to get less shares than they want.

Exactly. People who are criticizing here should really get this in their head.
The way burnside did it is exactly the way it works on every fucking real world IPO where demand exceeds supply.
It's the most fair way to solve the problem. It's definitely way better than to hold an auction, which would just create ridiculous bubble behaviour before the stock is even live.

That is just about the general approach though. The timezone fuck up (sorry, there's really no better way to describe it) and the deposit overload were unfortunate, of course. Let's just hope this doesn't happen anymore in the future.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
So what happened is I made anorher order without enough BTC on the account. The Labcoin order was canceled. Then burnside restores my order. Now I got a few Asicminer shares, my Labcoin order back and a negative balance. Then I sold the Asicminer shares to get my balance back to positive. Now apparently the software checks your balance also when you are selling... So I had negative balance and pending Labcoin order when selling Asicminer shares. And my order gets canceled again. Hard to believe that just happened. Again, feels good  Cool

Uh... this is funny, in a f-ed up way -- I had pretty much the same thing happening: after getting hit with glitches left and right, finally manage to place an order, only to have it cancelled by mistake -- d'oh!... I even got three "order cancelled" emails and tried to write to support for a fix, but so far no go... I now have a positive balance with what should be enough funds; so what gives? Oh, the suspense! But it's all good, all good, it's been a fun day. Burnside, any chance for a resolution here?
legendary
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
The only people who got screwed were the ones who had their investments ready to go yesterday and then wake up to this scheme that shares are going to be done through a percentage after all the latecomers transfer their hoard of BTC to dilute the shares.

Essentially making this IPO favor those with huge stashes of coin even if they had no intention of making a large investment. Rather than the 1000 shares I planned on, I will get around 400, if I am lucky. But I have the BTC to buy 1000 shares - I am just not allowed to purchase them becuase my stash of BTC isn't large enough. Had people known about this retardation, they would have transfered more BTC before all of you Johnny-come-latelys bum-rushed the echange with huge influxes of coin to steal away shares.

IPOs are usually closed deals, people register before hand and no one else can bid. You don't feel bad for everyone who was unaware of the IPO and jumped in at the last minute altering the rules to give them a chance. I had everything set to go because I knew I wouldn't have access to a computer during the launch.

In the real world of IPO's it is common for registered buyers including institutional investors to get less shares than they want.
To all of those, whose remaining BTC is still locked: Go to "Wallet", then click refresh next to your balance. Did the trick for me Wink
Activity: 158
The only people who got screwed were the ones who had their investments ready to go yesterday and then wake up to this scheme that shares are going to be done through a percentage after all the latecomers transfer their hoard of BTC to dilute the shares.

Essentially making this IPO favor those with huge stashes of coin even if they had no intention of making a large investment. Rather than the 1000 shares I planned on, I will get around 400, if I am lucky. But I have the BTC to buy 1000 shares - I am just not allowed to purchase them becuase my stash of BTC isn't large enough. Had people known about this retardation, they would have transfered more BTC before all of you Johnny-come-latelys bum-rushed the echange with huge influxes of coin to steal away shares.

IPOs are usually closed deals, people register before hand and no one else can bid. You don't feel bad for everyone who was unaware of the IPO and jumped in at the last minute altering the rules to give them a chance. I had everything set to go because I knew I wouldn't have access to a computer during the launch.

You obviously don't realize what the price per share would have been if it was actually launched the way you expected it to be launched.  Hang out and wait for trading to begin and buy quickly.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Just accidentally canceled my order. Feels good  Cool

Doh, do it again please.  It's probably back now.   Wink

I was trying to be lenient with the people "accidentally" canceling their orders via the quantity edit feature.

Cheesy

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

So what happened is I made anorher order without enough BTC on the account. The Labcoin order was canceled. Then burnside restores my order. Now I got a few Asicminer shares, my Labcoin order back and a negative balance. Then I sold the Asicminer shares to get my balance back to positive. Now apparently the software checks your balance also when you are selling... So I had negative balance and pending Labcoin order when selling Asicminer shares. And my order gets canceled again. Hard to believe that just happened. Again, feels good  Cool

I would be so confused that happened to me once when Tat.asicminer had the double dividend error ^^
Activity: 378

So when will this be unlocked and opened up for trading?

LOL - actually no... not CST - just Burnsides own interpretation of CST.... Which closely resembles CDT

I remember you told us you were going to sleep. Seems like you didnt. Shame. That was a bad move.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Just accidentally canceled my order. Feels good  Cool

Doh, do it again please.  It's probably back now.   Wink

I was trying to be lenient with the people "accidentally" canceling their orders via the quantity edit feature.

Cheesy

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Activity: 448

LOL - actually no... not CST - just Burnsides own interpretation of CST.... Which closely resembles CDT
Activity: 266
Science!
It just goes to show you can't make everyone happy, but you can make someone happy: Looks like about 40% of my order will get filled judging from the btct.co "My Orders" tab.

legendary
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

EDIT: 8PM Central Daylight Time USA

http://www.thetimenow.com/cdt/central_daylight_time

Jump to: