Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 851. (Read 1079974 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
This is ridiculous.
I am living in China.

Before I go to sleep , I placed some order. After I wake up, every changed. My order become only 39% of origin order, and the assert frozen.  

If I know the policy change, I will place more order. But both the policy change and the cut off happened when I was sleeping.

it's totally UNFAIR.  And it's UNFAIR for all the people living in +5, +6, +7, +8, +9, +10 timezone, which is near 1/3 of the world.

Burnside, when you change the rule, you must have some lead time, this lead time must no less than 12 hours. Or, you should postpone this IPO, instead of doing like this and totally hurt your reputation.

I agree completely.

burnside, you are running a worldwide / global exchange. You need to be fair to people from different locations and time zones.

I'm disappointed in how you handled this situation.

Is it not up to the issuer as to when the shares become unlocked and in what manner the allocation is awarded? I'm not sure that I'd put the full responsibility on the exchange operator.

Additionally, Burnside and LabCoin came up with a creative and fair solution to deal with the unexpected level of demand. Waiting longer would have meant a massive buildup of coin and even more frenzy. I'm not really sure how that would benefit many except those that didn't pay attention to the 14 hours between the unlock time and the IPO action.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Well I'll put my bids at 0.005 when the IPO launches P/E Ratio jumps up to 5 on a tech company lol

I'm going to kill myself if I just missed out on an easy $40,000.
Don't do it. It's just money.

And just in case don't do it !!!
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Don't do it. It's just money.
Activity: 546
At FIVE TIMES the IPO price which ended just 4 hours ago??! You're crazy!

Why yes, yes I am.
Must by why I made an exchange Tongue

Good for you. I tried to buy 100,000 shares that did not go through due to crappy website.

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
tl;dr can someone explain why we only get 40%, i put all the spare BTC in which was minuscule I had because i accidentally entered 3200 instead of 2300 in a buy on a different stock.

It was a genius laste-minute scheme to allow those who just found out about the IPO 2 hrs before it ended to dump as many BTC in to dilute the shares while those who were prepared ahead of time had no idea of this new scheme and thus got nowhere near the shares they could have if there would have just been an auction for those who first placed their bids on the 7,000,000 shares.
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
This is ridiculous.
I am living in China.

Before I go to sleep , I placed some order. After I wake up, every changed. My order become only 39% of origin order, and the assert frozen.  

If I know the policy change, I will place more order. But both the policy change and the cut off happened when I was sleeping.

it's totally UNFAIR.  And it's UNFAIR for all the people living in +5, +6, +7, +8, +9, +10 timezone, which is near 1/3 of the world.

Burnside, when you change the rule, you must have some lead time, this lead time must no less than 12 hours. Or, you should postpone this IPO, instead of doing like this and totally hurt your reputation.

I agree completely.

burnside, you are running a worldwide / global exchange. You need to be fair to people from different locations and time zones.

I'm disappointed in how you handled this situation.
Activity: 393
well, that's gonna be an interesting post-IPO
Activity: 448

Why yes, yes I am.
Must by why I made an exchange Tongue

I have a large supply, and there could be a demand. *shrug*

Who knows what will happen after trading starts? might go up 10x that or more. Smiley

Though I suspect a large % will be willing to sell for double.
tl;dr can someone explain why we only get 40%, i put all the spare BTC in which was minuscule I had because i accidentally entered 3200 instead of 2300 in a buy on a different stock.

Read the first page of this thread.

Be happy you got to buy any at all. A lot of us were not able to due to software bugs.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808
Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do
im willing to sell 2K shares @ 0.005  - please PM if you are in need!

Well if TMAN runs out I'll offer 5K at that price as well to kill some time valid pretty much until the chsados auction ends Wink

only 1K left guys  !
This is ridiculous.
I am living in China.

Exactly... but the whole concept of the percentage is ridiculous because it favors those with large amounts of BTC. They should have had an IPO registration (first come first serve) of 1000 investors or more or less (whatever number), then allow those who registered on time to place bids live and bid for price (highest bidder then first come first serve).

I will do larger orders @ 0.005 per share if anyone wants to buy Smiley

Activity: 127
Merit: 100
Activity: 159
Winter is coming
This is ridiculous.
I am living in China.

Activity: 420
Why do you say that?  I don't see why it would go much lower than innitial IPO price.  Why would someone trade at a loss?

Nobody would. There was much higher demand before the IPO even started. People want these shares, and for good reason.

I don't think that was what he meant. I think he was just referring to the quality of the thread, and it turning into a constant price speculation.
I think it would be appropriate to create a seperate thread for price speculation, like with the other securities.

Someone already has. Smiley

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/labcoin-speculation-thread-265388
Activity: 602
So what do you think the market price will stabilize at when it opens?   People are already trying to buy at 0.01 offline: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-here-is-your-chance-to-get-labcoin-before-its-unlocked-265600

~1btc would be nice Smiley  

yes, 1 billion market cap (USD) sounds like you thought it through

obviously you don't understand people's sarcasm or valuations
Activity: 392
Why do you say that?  I don't see why it would go much lower than innitial IPO price.  Why would someone trade at a loss?

Nobody would. There was much higher demand before the IPO even started. People want these shares, and for good reason.

I don't think that was what he meant. I think he was just referring to the quality of the thread, and it turning into a constant price speculation.
I think it would be appropriate to create a seperate thread for price speculation, like with the other securities.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)

Well if TMAN runs out I'll offer 5K at that price as well to kill some time valid pretty much until the chsados auction ends Wink
Activity: 238
So what do you think the market price will stabilize at when it opens?   People are already trying to buy at 0.01 offline: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-here-is-your-chance-to-get-labcoin-before-its-unlocked-265600

~1btc would be nice Smiley  
This is going to be a very quick race to the bottom.

Feel a bit sorry for Labcoin themselves. This thread should be about them, not about trader issues. Perhaps they need to move to another thread.

This is their IPO thread where we talk about the IPO. There is another thread for Labcoin general discussion, plans, updates, and specs.
Jump to: