Pages:
Author

Topic: LBRY.IO - DICUSSION THREAD - page 36. (Read 362599 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
September 21, 2017, 07:33:10 PM
What advantages does LBRY have over something like SWARM?  have people checked out Dtube? A Steem plugin/youtube site. Works really well and plugs right into the steem blockchain which already has their economic incentives.  LBRY developers seem committed, which is awesome.  Haven't been convinced yet on their product though.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
September 21, 2017, 02:33:44 PM
I got a question about the Library wallet. I see that it functions inside the application itself which is fine, but how come I see no option to encrypt the wallet? This seems like a

big flaw in an otherwise good application. Is there a feature to encrypt and I just missed it? Or is it that there simply is no encryption here in which case, why not!? Thanks guys

Wallet encryption is being worked on by the team.

Thanks for response, I too was looking for this information. I like have my coins 100% secure and therefore will wait until that occurs before investing then.
This is something very basic for any wallet, who are serious about security. How can the devs miss this one?  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020
September 21, 2017, 09:59:01 AM
I got a question about the Library wallet. I see that it functions inside the application itself which is fine, but how come I see no option to encrypt the wallet? This seems like a

big flaw in an otherwise good application. Is there a feature to encrypt and I just missed it? Or is it that there simply is no encryption here in which case, why not!? Thanks guys

Thanks for response, I too was looking for this information. I like have my coins 100% secure and therefore will wait until that occurs before investing then.

If you are on a secure system (i.e. not windows unless you are absolutely sure), it's still fairly safe to keep your coins there. Or create a air-gapped environment, generate a wallet, copy securely and then forget about it (if storing).

Another option for Android is to use Coinomi to store LBC.
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
Toplancer.co | PreSale is LIVE | Get Your Bonus
September 20, 2017, 08:13:32 PM

legendary
September 20, 2017, 12:37:42 PM
All coins right now are investment vehicles/speculative vehicles, LBC included.  I still have faith in the team and want to believe this is all part of a master plan...that they're devoting their efforts to developing the project rather than pumping hype and bullshit.

However a part of me is starting to worry.  I mean why the same ultra-shitty web site for months?  Why no road map/milestones?  And why not a single representative on btct responding to the extreme criticism?

I get the distinct impression they want to keep things quiet "until its ready" but with the breakneck speed of crypto that tactic may simply result in a stillborn network.

They have what I consider a great brand image and a great concept a lot of folks can get down with.  I just hope, for all our sakes, that's not the beginning and the end of it.  I really hope these guys aren't a bunch of aspies that got too many pats on the back from mom and dad.."you can do anything!"...only to realize they bit off more than they can chew and run away tail between legs...letting the project quietly die while all of us sit here and wonder.

The team is focusing on product development, you can watch all the GitHub activity https://github.com/lbryio/lbry-app/ / https://github.com/lbryio/lbry/.  The roadmap is located at https://lbry.io/roadmap - sure it could be prettier, but it actually pulls from real work products as opposed to some fancy powerpoint.  In terms of the website re-design - I think it's functional and to the point. I'd rather see the devs focus on the product than trying to re-design the website for marketing/hype purposes. 

What type of criticism do you want the team to respond to? That the price is going down? LBRY has an active slack community here: slack.lbry.io where they handle most of the user communication. No offense to BCT, but it isn't necessarily the most engaging place to discuss product development.
I'm a typical BCT user

And right there is the reason why LBRY doesn't entertain the BCT community Smiley
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
September 19, 2017, 08:17:28 PM
All coins right now are investment vehicles/speculative vehicles, LBC included.  I still have faith in the team and want to believe this is all part of a master plan...that they're devoting their efforts to developing the project rather than pumping hype and bullshit.

However a part of me is starting to worry.  I mean why the same ultra-shitty web site for months?  Why no road map/milestones?  And why not a single representative on btct responding to the extreme criticism?

I get the distinct impression they want to keep things quiet "until its ready" but with the breakneck speed of crypto that tactic may simply result in a stillborn network.

They have what I consider a great brand image and a great concept a lot of folks can get down with.  I just hope, for all our sakes, that's not the beginning and the end of it.  I really hope these guys aren't a bunch of aspies that got too many pats on the back from mom and dad.."you can do anything!"...only to realize they bit off more than they can chew and run away tail between legs...letting the project quietly die while all of us sit here and wonder.

The team is focusing on product development, you can watch all the GitHub activity https://github.com/lbryio/lbry-app/ / https://github.com/lbryio/lbry/.  The roadmap is located at https://lbry.io/roadmap - sure it could be prettier, but it actually pulls from real work products as opposed to some fancy powerpoint.  In terms of the website re-design - I think it's functional and to the point. I'd rather see the devs focus on the product than trying to re-design the website for marketing/hype purposes. 

What type of criticism do you want the team to respond to? That the price is going down? LBRY has an active slack community here: slack.lbry.io where they handle most of the user communication. No offense to BCT, but it isn't necessarily the most engaging place to discuss product development.

I looked at GitHub before I posted and all I saw in recent past were typo fixes on readmes and the like.  The website has the same videos/images from months ago...does lbry have only like six videos uploaded?

The live thing w your ceo from a few months ago everyone was looking forward to was a disaster, can't even get a digital camera right.  Put in a little fucking effort and stop making excuses!

The public deserves regular updates on the project that aren't buried in chaff on social media, and not everyone wants to join the dipshit circlejerk that is slack.  If you can't be bothered to update the website with such basic information...something a person with novice web skills could do in at most an hour..then how can anyone trust in your ability to program a groundbreaking piece of blockchain technology?  I mean you all are so busy you can't update the homepage now and again?  For really real?  It seems to me like you have nothing but thinly veiled contempt for early adopters when it should be exactly the other way around.

The founder of this project is a moneygrabber like the tezos and bancor scum...should have known better.  Any doubt I had is now gone.
legendary
September 19, 2017, 06:03:22 PM
i download LBRY software but when i open it

program must be confirm a human real , i try confirm by youtube , but nothing

i waiting 12h  and restart program ,do not  confirm .

anyone have  an idea or plan put forward for other suggest ?

If you can't verify with youtube, it means you don't meet the qualifications in terms of views/channels - they'll be working to fix that feedback process. Try CC verification (fastest) or #verification channel on slack.lbry.io.
Activity: 172
September 19, 2017, 11:05:31 AM
i download LBRY software but when i open it

program must be confirm a human real , i try confirm by youtube , but nothing

i waiting 12h  and restart program ,do not  confirm .

anyone have  an idea or plan put forward for other suggest ?
legendary
September 19, 2017, 10:54:55 AM

Activity: 17
September 18, 2017, 10:00:23 PM

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
September 18, 2017, 06:02:20 PM
this coin is dead. loose 5 btc  Angry

like i have told people for a YEAR:
STOP thinking LBC is an "investment vehicle" LBC will NOT make you nubs rich trading it, its a token to be used on the platform, if it was an investment they would have SOLD it to you as such Cheesy
You bought a PoW coin (on a free market), when POW is getting slayed from too many profit miners and not enough liquidity, LBC hitting 5k was a GIVEN really with the current mining ecosystem
So how bout we blame the one who pushed the "buy" button, eh? Cheesy
legendary
September 18, 2017, 05:22:25 PM
Is anywhere a Roadmap? What's planned for near future? A quick overview or so

https://lbry.io/roadmap
legendary
September 18, 2017, 05:21:50 PM
It is so usual to read negative opinions when price crashes like this...
Though, I agree, time hasn't come yet for LBRY.
There is no working product yet. Angry

No working product? Have you checked out lbry.io/get? If you are having trouble getting something to work, come join the vibrant slack community at slack.lbry.io and someone can give you a hand!
Activity: 54
September 18, 2017, 01:17:22 PM
this coin is dead. loose 5 btc  Angry
Activity: 513
Merit: 150
September 18, 2017, 07:39:17 AM
Is anywhere a Roadmap? What's planned for near future? A quick overview or so
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082
ccminer/cpuminer developer
September 17, 2017, 06:51:43 AM
Else, lbry need more miners on http://yiimp.eu (yiimp.ccminer.org)
Activity: 111
September 17, 2017, 12:12:44 AM
I'll giveaway 100lbry for the first one who show me step by step how to solo mining this coin via PM
already have:
daemon and cli

Step one: write a stratum to handle GPU mining Cheesy   
LBRY was not built with one , its handles CPU solo only, and solo CPU mining is LONG past :/
You could ask one of the pool operators to share their code, but likely none will be in a hurry to help drag hash away from their own pools :/
You COULD make a yiimp pool, and just keep the IP private tho Smiley tht would be a solo pool
Good Luck! Cheesy

testing now
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
September 16, 2017, 09:01:36 PM
I'll giveaway 100lbry for the first one who show me step by step how to solo mining this coin via PM
already have:
daemon and cli

Step one: write a stratum to handle GPU mining Cheesy   
LBRY was not built with one , its handles CPU solo only, and solo CPU mining is LONG past :/
You could ask one of the pool operators to share their code, but likely none will be in a hurry to help drag hash away from their own pools :/
You COULD make a yiimp pool, and just keep the IP private tho Smiley tht would be a solo pool
Good Luck! Cheesy
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
^_^
September 16, 2017, 04:49:53 PM
It is so usual to read negative opinions when price crashes like this...
Though, I agree, time hasn't come yet for LBRY.
There is no working product yet. Angry
Activity: 1092
Merit: 504
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 16, 2017, 02:31:45 PM
People should understand that this project is trying to be the next Paid Online Stream which differently so hard seeing some major multi corporations eating all the market to themselves (Youtube &...)
It will be a miracle if they attract famous Youtubers to their platform, but only if they create the right environment better than YouTube (which is to my opinion almost impossible).

Some project seems so good as an idea & achievable, but let faceit, in reality sometimes we should listen to that clear voice of " Impossible " & move on.

It is not impossible but timing hasn't come. I think LBRY is here and it will stay. People will understand why privacy and decentralization is important. But time hasn't come.
Pages:
Jump to: