Pages:
Author

Topic: LBRY.IO - DICUSSION THREAD - page 31. (Read 362424 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 101
October 24, 2017, 05:44:32 PM
the biggest road block i see is the app. it just doesnt make sense to get people to use a app especially for a desktop
especially where many services are right off the website and a link is all that is needed 

is there any plan or roadmap to have a web based interface through a browser? that can easily change the fortunes for this project  

or atleast a plugin like metamask that can connect to a browser like chrome and can access LBRY protocol from it 

You should think of https://spee.ch as an initial example of what web apps can be built on top of LBRY. Having a desktop version is important because LBRY relies on nodes hosting and sharing the content. Once the network strengthens, I could see more focus on web based apps.

so anything i upload on speech gets stored on the lbry app directly? under which user does it get uploaded or does it show up in the search directly?
im yet to try it out, will be doing so and checking it on the app
Activity: 476
Merit: 278
October 24, 2017, 09:06:22 AM
What is sad to see is that people when the price of the coin goes up they are super hyped and support it, once the price drops they start complaining... This is not the correct way to help the coin grow if you want to see profit you must wait! Rome wasn't built in a day, lbry needs it’s time to develop, so if you invested in this coin just be patient and help don't start the FUD as soon as youy have the possibility!
Rome also wasnt build with only few devs from whose one is doing on 2 more projects and another one is busy with exams nor they used freelancers to help them in building it Grin
Activity: 294
October 24, 2017, 05:52:29 AM
What is sad to see is that people when the price of the coin goes up they are super hyped and support it, once the price drops they start complaining... This is not the correct way to help the coin grow if you want to see profit you must wait! Rome wasn't built in a day, lbry needs it’s time to develop, so if you invested in this coin just be patient and help don't start the FUD as soon as youy have the possibility!
legendary
Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020
October 23, 2017, 04:16:51 PM
the biggest road block i see is the app. it just doesnt make sense to get people to use a app especially for a desktop
especially where many services are right off the website and a link is all that is needed 

is there any plan or roadmap to have a web based interface through a browser? that can easily change the fortunes for this project  

or atleast a plugin like metamask that can connect to a browser like chrome and can access LBRY protocol from it 

You should think of https://spee.ch as an initial example of what web apps can be built on top of LBRY. Having a desktop version is important because LBRY relies on nodes hosting and sharing the content. Once the network strengthens, I could see more focus on web based apps.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
Abandon all hope — Ye Who Enter Here
October 23, 2017, 11:30:29 AM
Been mining lbry for quite some time. A shame to see the price go so low with the potential it has. Luckily development is aparantly going steady, but it will off course take time.
And i get that since it is a plattform they dont want to much attention early, as this is an actual product and needs alot of development to be ready for public. But it would be nice with some pr so the coin value dont go too far down.

ya it's just PoW right now i think, all PoW coins are getting slayed a bit, people got bills, and i think alot of miners went a little all in this year not thinking ahead and are now dumping as fast as they get coins Sad
Lbry has built a blockchain from the ground up, it's super complicated and has required alot of work, things take time Smiley
When it's finished it will offer a healthy ecosystem for creators and profit hunters to both make money, and give creators back their freedom at same time, totally worth the wait imo.

I'm a strong HODL-er for LBC and Viberate because i see LBC token very usable also like VIB token.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
October 23, 2017, 08:36:38 AM
Been mining lbry for quite some time. A shame to see the price go so low with the potential it has. Luckily development is aparantly going steady, but it will off course take time.
And i get that since it is a plattform they dont want to much attention early, as this is an actual product and needs alot of development to be ready for public. But it would be nice with some pr so the coin value dont go too far down.

ya it's just PoW right now i think, all PoW coins are getting slayed a bit, people got bills, and i think alot of miners went a little all in this year not thinking ahead and are now dumping as fast as they get coins Sad
Lbry has built a blockchain from the ground up, it's super complicated and has required alot of work, things take time Smiley
When it's finished it will offer a healthy ecosystem for creators and profit hunters to both make money, and give creators back their freedom at same time, totally worth the wait imo.
Activity: 462
Merit: 118
October 23, 2017, 07:36:32 AM
Activity: 126
Merit: 11
October 23, 2017, 07:07:14 AM
Important to know that LBRY is platform, not an ERC20 token or fork. Many advantages -  learning the difference is great research.   
Activity: 322
October 22, 2017, 04:19:18 PM

legendary
October 22, 2017, 12:00:25 PM
Looking through this does not make me a confident investor. What a shit show...

Looking through what? An unofficial thread filled with disgruntled investors?
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
October 21, 2017, 05:14:57 AM
Looking through this does not make me a confident investor. What a shit show...
Activity: 292
Merit: 252
I miss when crypto was about decentralisation.
October 20, 2017, 09:39:27 AM
Hey guys, I have a basic question.

When we click play on a video, it automatically downloads the video in our computer.
Will we have to download every single video we watch?

If so, we will all need many Terabytes of capacity to be able to use the platform frequently?

I know the idea behind LBC is decentralized hosting and sharing of content, so I understand the principle, but this technical aspect can be a big turn off for some people?

Perhaps if storage becomes an issue, they could work alongside Sia somehow. :^)
legendary
October 19, 2017, 04:24:33 PM

When we click play on a video, it automatically downloads the video in our computer.

If so, we will all need many Terabytes of capacity to be able to use the platform frequently?

I know the idea behind LBC is decentralized hosting and sharing of content, so I understand the principle, but this technical aspect can be a big turn off for some people?

That's the current functionality now - you can always delete it from your downloads folder. It also says the "shared hosting data" (which is the same size as the video) in your blobs folder (in lbrynet https://lbry.io/faq/lbry-directories). 

I could see this being an option in the future.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
October 19, 2017, 12:33:47 PM

Activity: 560
Merit: 300
Unprofessional shitcoin trader since 2011
October 19, 2017, 07:45:51 AM
LBRY imo will not be a small thing the need for a platform like LBRY is rising more and more everyday alt tech is great for steaming content but is still centralized and can be censored as Youtube has come to do. LBRY is a platform that is the answer to the scenario of if/when the government brings the hammer down on crypto and censorship is ramped up. I actually consider LBRY one of the more functional wallets I've used I mean don't get me wrong it still needs a lot of work done to it but for what it is capable of its definitely a good start that will just get better with time regardless of the price and marketing....until a competitor comes along that is then LBRY may have some problem and really need to ramp up marketing and honestly that wouldn't be a bad idea anyways and that would actually be a good use to sell off some of the premine to a private investor otc to avoid disrupting the market price anymore.  Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 209
Join Cashbery Coin!
October 18, 2017, 08:33:44 AM
Sorry, got your account and GRR confused.  When has any team member promised "moon"?

I'm not asking for the moon or short term gains.
If this project is going to compete, it can't be with a currency that is constantly loosing value, that isn't attractive to anyone, and I'm talking about users here, not just investors.
I have mined and traded this coin plenty in the past and have belief in the core idea, but it's going down the can because nobody around here seems to care that the value of their project is on a continuous down-slide and it will affect how both users and investors view the project.

It is not going down for the reasons you mention, it is going down like pretty much every other Alt coin right now, it is going down because of the upcoming BTC fork.

A lot of people are selling off what Alt coins they can for BTC right now in hopes to earn free BTC gold when BTC splits in November. Just look at the value of BTC right now it is because of this. And like every other Alt coin affected by this there is another 4 weeks to go before we see a recovery. Once the fork happens prices for Alt coins will normalize slowly

Agreed. Same reason it went up in March - July, every altcoin was going up. LBRY had much worse of an app, less features, no marketing, etc. Sometimes just need to ride these waves out. Personally, I bought more at 30K and I'm comfortable holding for the long term.

However not all alts crashed that hard. LBC is about 1/9th of its ATH value. That means many people lost huge amounts if they kept holding, supporting the coin. Other coins made fortunes and performed extremely well due to their sole ability of being able to handle a community and actually communicate with them. Look at OMG for example. That is all investors ask. Keep them updated, show progress, try to do some marketing that attracts new investors, keep the news flowing. And not totally ignore the price crashing into oblivion for months. Even if you're working hard for months you can take 15 minutes of your time and show the actual progress so far. Anything else is just not worthy of actually investing into, which is sad because the concept could be groundbreaking in the coming years.

However, what is positive for me that I can throw in criticism and it doesn't get deleted or censored like in other threads. That is a green flag for me. The reason why I am saying this repeatedly is because it does not benefit the project in the long run, no matter how good the development is. If you scare away too many investors, nobody will ever buy it for a long time. And this may very well postpone the final success for months, if not years. So I don't give a rats ass about short term gains, but ignoring investors will never work in cryptosphere.

I agree, but use caution with the bolded statement.  This is an unofficial thread (not having an official thread here is a big mistake) and isn't moderated.
Activity: 209
Join Cashbery Coin!
October 18, 2017, 08:31:22 AM
Sorry, got your account and GRR confused.  When has any team member promised "moon"?

If this project is going to compete, it can't be with a currency that is constantly loosing value, that isn't attractive to anyone, and I'm talking about users here, not just investors.
I have mined and traded this coin plenty in the past and have belief in the core idea, but it's going down the can because nobody around here seems to care that the value of their project is on a continuous down-slide and it will affect how both users and investors view the project.

It is not going down for the reasons you mention, it is going down like pretty much every other Alt coin right now, it is going down because of the upcoming BTC fork.

A lot of people are selling off what Alt coins they can for BTC right now in hopes to earn free BTC gold when BTC splits in November. Just look at the value of BTC right now it is because of this. And like every other Alt coin affected by this there is another 4 weeks to go before we see a recovery. Once the fork happens prices for Alt coins will normalize slowly

Agreed. Same reason it went up in March - July, every altcoin was going up. LBRY had much worse of an app, less features, no marketing, etc. Sometimes just need to ride these waves out. Personally, I bought more at 30K and I'm comfortable holding for the long term.

Ok, I don't disagree with the notion that it's a good project and there are external forces contributing to the the decline of the coins value.
But let me make my point a little more clear, the relative USD value of LBRY has consistently dropped despite what BTC is doing at any given time.  There are many coins out there that have held their ground or even made value at the same time LBRY continues to dive.
A coin like Monero gained at least 75%+ USD value in the same time LBRY when down down down.  There are many other coins that have done similar and lots of them are shitcoins that don't offer anything other than the coin.

So you can be happy with the consistent capital drop this coin is experiencing, but in the eyes of potential users and investors, it's REALLY hard to get excited about getting involved in something that is constantly loosing ground when there is tons of crap out there holding or making ground.

Like you said, the platform is strong enough that you can feel good about HODL, but something has to change before it's too late or the supporters are going to be left holding nothing.

Even with everything seemingly going down due to the bullish BTC, good altcoins retain or increase their relative USD value and market cap even when their BTC value is dropping.  Maybe you're getting lost in the math somewhere or you don't really pay attention to the USD value and market cap of coins.  Coins can be worth less BTC, but more USD over time which we are seeing among many altcoins, but LBRY isn't one of them and should be with the platform it's presenting.
GRR
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
October 18, 2017, 08:30:31 AM

However not all alts crashed that hard. LBC is about 1/9th of its ATH value. That means many people lost huge amounts if they kept holding, supporting the coin. Other coins made fortunes and performed extremely well due to their sole ability of being able to handle a community and actually communicate with them. Look at OMG for example. That is all investors ask. Keep them updated, show progress, try to do some marketing that attracts new investors, keep the news flowing. And not totally ignore the price crashing into oblivion for months. Even if you're working hard for months you can take 15 minutes of your time and show the actual progress so far. Anything else is just not worthy of actually investing into, which is sad because the concept could be groundbreaking in the coming years.

However, what is positive for me that I can throw in criticism and it doesn't get deleted or censored like in other threads. That is a green flag for me. The reason why I am saying this repeatedly is because it does not benefit the project in the long run, no matter how good the development is. If you scare away too many investors, nobody will ever buy it for a long time. And this may very well postpone the final success for months, if not years. So I don't give a rats ass about short term gains, but ignoring investors will never work in cryptosphere.
legendary
October 17, 2017, 11:31:37 AM

Activity: 518
Merit: 250
I am a meat Popsicle
October 17, 2017, 10:23:51 AM
Sorry, got your account and GRR confused.  When has any team member promised "moon"?

Pages:
Jump to: