Pages:
Author

Topic: [lee group]1980$! the sales of first batch hosted antminer s7(psu included) - page 19. (Read 67946 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032
Carl, aka Sonny :)
5 units sfards miner already arrive in our farm

Our Russian haggler adv aka felix73 swear that he and his friendee "mild" have received SF-100 first-ever, while you are just a scammer.  Undecided

Dude, wtf did I just read? Li is not a scammer.

Definitely not a scammer!  Peicai Li (pcfli) is one of the most trustworthy businessmen around.  I bought 15 Antminer S5's from him months ago and he hosts these for me out of his Data Center.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Definitely not a scammer. I have been doing business with him for months and have no complaints.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Our Russian haggler adv aka felix73 swear that he and his friendee "mild" have received SF-100 first-ever, while you are just a scammer.  Undecided

Dude, wtf did I just read? Li is not a scammer.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant

Our Russian haggler adv aka felix73 swear that he and his friendee "mild" have received SF-100 first-ever, while you are just a scammer.  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
The s-7 is far far away. Which is why the s-5+ is being offered.

This S5+ isn't even CLOSE to the S5 or S7, completely different marketing target.

If it was a SINGLE unit, then it might actually be a viable stopgap - but as is, ASSUMING IT IS REAL, it's more of a S4+/S6 stopgap and not even close to being a S7 placeholder.

Also, the S7 is NOT "far far away" - it is almost 100% certainty IN PRODUCTION, just not being sold 'till Bitmain sells off the S5s in their farm/Hashnest.

Bitmain did officially confirm this S5+ as a real product in one of the speculation threads, currently only offered on their chinese website (and was apparently meant origanally as a china-only product) but they also said it would be available on their main site Friday.

I hope you are correct. I would prefer to be wrong and have the s-7 come out in early sept.  rather then wait for it until early oct.

A .25 watt miner would be nicer then the s-5+ which is a .445 watt miner.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

This S5+ isn't even CLOSE to the S5 or S7, completely different marketing target.

If it was a SINGLE unit, then it might actually be a viable stopgap - but as is, ASSUMING IT IS REAL, it's more of a S4+/S6 stopgap and not even close to being a S7 placeholder.

Also, the S7 is NOT "far far away" - it is almost 100% certainty IN PRODUCTION, just not being sold 'till Bitmain sells off the S5s in their farm/Hashnest.

Bitmain did officially confirm this S5+ as a real product in one of the speculation threads, currently only offered on their chinese website (and was apparently meant origanally as a china-only product) but they also said it would be available on their main site Friday.
legendary
Activity: 1006
SafeHaven.Finance
I heard s7 will be available on Sep if everything going well
legendary
Activity: 1006
SafeHaven.Finance
Guys i feel like i am missing something.

Why should we be interested into the SFARDS product?

I personally whould like to spend some cash and host some new ROIable products like s5 were/are…

how about these
link is here

http://shop.bitmain.cn/goods.php?id=47

I used chrome/google translate

7700gh 3400 watts!

well I wonder if lee will get a beastly s-5+  at the right price I would like it.

It needs to be lower then 19000CNY >>>>>> 3060usd

lee do you think you may get this item?

i think it is not worth to buy, 19000 cny is too expensive, especailly consider that s7 will be available on Sep, i heard the efficiency of s7 can be as low as 0.2W/G
the design of s5+ is also a problem, too many hash board in one miner, and make it is very hard to find proper PSU to provide electricity, another problem is if one miner is broken, you will lose 7.7T hash rate.  The efficiency is almost the same as s5, so i prefer to buy used s5 not this new s5+.
legendary
legendary
If the S5+ is real (it's still being debated in the actual S5 thread), it's well within published specs for the BM1384 chip itself.

If it IS real, my main worry about the thing would be heat dissipation - they packed the small heatsinks in so tight there's very little room for airflow, the "outlet" end is going to run a LOT hotter than the "inlet" end (kind of like the SP20 but a LOT worse).

I also find the form factor odd, and it's going to have issues clearing customs at the posted pricing.

RoI on the thing is .... NOT likely, too expensive and NOT enough more efficient than a S5 to be viable much past late July of next year when the next Bitcoin block reward halving is currently estimated to happen.

Would have made a LOT more sense to run 2x20 strings per board instead of 3x16 IMO, MUCH more efficient and a lot more likely to hit ROI despite the lower hash rate due to the MUCH greater efficiency.

Personally, I'm waiting for the S7 and machines based on the Innosilicon A3 before I even consider buying any more miner hardware.
legendary

I personally whould like to spend some cash and host some new ROIable products like s5 were/are...

According to the published specs, the BTC side of the SF100 has a 0.34W/GHS power efficiency where the S5 is at 0.51W/GHS power efficiency.  The idea is to always find ways to reduce the amount of power required to produce the same results.  If the Lee Group could 1) get these units for a reasonable price, 2) see if they run reliably at advertised speeds and power efficiency, and 3)  pass on some of the power savings to us it would be a good way to extend our stay with the Lee Hosting Group.  It comes down to "Improve or Die" principle of BTC mining equipment.

Of course it looks like both 1 and 2 above are fails so far.

Yes and the s-5+ claims .445. Watts a gh. Bitmaintech has been known to make specs

At the right price the s-5+ Will be decent for lee to host for us
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032
Carl, aka Sonny :)

I personally whould like to spend some cash and host some new ROIable products like s5 were/are...

According to the published specs, the BTC side of the SF100 has a 0.34W/GHS power efficiency where the S5 is at 0.51W/GHS power efficiency.  The idea is to always find ways to reduce the amount of power required to produce the same results.  If the Lee Group could 1) get these units for a reasonable price, 2) see if they run reliably at advertised speeds and power efficiency, and 3) pass on some of the power savings to us it would be a good way to extend our stay with the Lee Hosting Group.  It comes down to "Improve or Die" principle of BTC mining equipment.

Of course it looks like both 1 and 2 above are fails so far.
legendary

well I wonder if lee will get a beastly s-5+  at the right price I would like it.

Depends on what the electricity costs then I might consider but a well running Sfards at 1200ish would be better I think.

maybe in both cases exact prices and quality of the gear matter.  right now at 3060usd or 19000cny  you get a lot of hash but it is a lot more then i think it should be.

I would think maybe 2500usd to 2800usd  at lee's hosting spot.  and then the s-5+ makes some sense

Depends on what the electricity costs then I might consider but a well running Sfards at 1200ish would be better I think.
legendary

I personally whould like to spend some cash and host some new ROIable products like s5 were/are…

how about these
link is here

http://shop.bitmain.cn/goods.php?id=47

I used chrome/google translate

7700gh 3400 watts!

It needs to be lower then 19000CNY >>>>>> 3060usd

lee do you think you may get this item?

legendary
If the SFARDS units were in a reaonable $600-$800 price range, they'd be ROIable. That's why we're interested. On the other hand, we really should be discussing that in THAT thread....
Activity: 30
Merit: 0

Still waiting on SFards news...

In the meantime, anyone selling at this point?
5 units sfards miner already arrive in our farm, but the quality is not as good as they promise, only 1 of them run at 1.5T/48M, all other four canot farm at promised hashrate, 2 of them canot run at all, ask other friend got similar report.  already ask sfards technician to provide help, but i think it is better to wait until the quality become more stable, it will be a nightmare for our employee if a large batch of miner canot run stable

no photos and no graphics. The first samples of the factory sent yesterday.

I agree because Zoomhash only got 5 too.
Activity: 431
Merit: 250
Still waiting on SFards news...

In the meantime, anyone selling at this point?
5 units sfards miner already arrive in our farm, but the quality is not as good as they promise, only 1 of them run at 1.5T/48M, all other four canot farm at promised hashrate, 2 of them canot run at all, ask other friend got similar report.  already ask sfards technician to provide help, but i think it is better to wait until the quality become more stable, it will be a nightmare for our employee if a large batch of miner canot run stable

no photos and no graphics. The first samples of the factory sent yesterday.
legendary

Looks like they DIDN'T get any board-level design competance out of the merger with WiiBox.
 They had the same sort of garbage quality issues when they initially released the "orbs", and the design work on their "blades" was just total garbage.
Pages:
Jump to: