Pages:
Author

Topic: Lesson from bear market - page 44. (Read 23465 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 100
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
November 07, 2018, 06:05:01 AM
There are many lesson learnt from 2018 cryptocurrency bearsh market. The important lesson i have learnt so far is to never trust what people say but what people do. The whole speculation about bitcoin rising up to $50000 was false and misleafing. I have been burnt, but I have learnt my lessons!
Activity: 199
Merit: 1
November 07, 2018, 05:57:44 AM
The bearish market taught me that:
(1) crypto like any other market curve is not always linear, it's a wave. Meaning that, there are time when market will smile at you and there are time when it will frown at you. When you are gaining from the bull market, always remember it can be forever, so prepare all the time any form the market might take

(2) life is not like bed of roses, there are ups and downs in life, when you are faced with any of these sides, just know that it's not going to be permanent. Have a right attitude towards and re-strategize.

2017 crypto market and that of 2018 are unparalleled lessons all must learn from.
copper member
Activity: 308
November 07, 2018, 05:17:01 AM
One of the best lessons was never to trade btc against alts and back to btc, always to save profits in fiat, In bear market, was learnt that most lows eventually becomes the next high and for every market that leaves its previous support, should just be sold in loss and prepare for another entry. Holding was never rewarding.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
The Protocol for the Audience Economy
November 07, 2018, 04:54:17 AM
anyway, most people that did not have experience in trading - now have an idea about the behavior of prices in a bear market.
and once again I am convinced that the forecasts give absolutely no guarantees, no one expected such a prolonged fall
No one wants the bear market as long as it is, and now everyone is trying to be patient and waiting for the market to recover, so I'm also trying to be patient, I just hold ETH and I Expect a lot on this coin at the end of 2018, eth prices may reach $ 1000
Activity: 518
Merit: 145
November 07, 2018, 04:35:16 AM
It is important to be conscious that in crypto anything could happen so we don't get caught up in it.Crypto is full of up and down.
Every market is full of ups and down and there is nothing anyone can do about it. It happens to stock markets and any other market you can think of, so I do not see how cryptocurrency market should be an exception and the fact that it is decentralized even makes it more volatile.

The most important thing is to know how you can handle yourself with the market trends, and even if you cannot, try as much as possible to keep your focus on the long term no matter what. However, it is not a bad idea, to learn one or few things about how to trade long term markets and take advantage of the trends.
Activity: 378
Merit: 102
November 06, 2018, 03:08:27 PM
We learned much things from this long bear market, first of all we must not do hodl everytime, there is a lot of person who are doing just hodl and losing big money because of this, if we understand something will be bad, we mustn't wait and sell without fear, we are just thinking everything will increase but dont think like this anytime and sell if it should be done.
Activity: 616
Merit: 108
November 06, 2018, 03:06:26 PM
anyway, most people that did not have experience in trading - now have an idea about the behavior of prices in a bear market.
and once again I am convinced that the forecasts give absolutely no guarantees, no one expected such a prolonged fall
Activity: 625
Merit: 500
November 06, 2018, 02:59:39 PM
BE PREPARED FOR THE WORST: In this bear market,I have learnt that the worst could happen,so we should always prepare for the worst.Many have lost up to 80% of their portfolio to this bear market because they are not expecting the worst to happen,unfortunately,they are caught up in it.If they had prepare for the worst,they could have done something about their portfolio at the beginning of the bear market.
DECISION BASED ON PAST EXPERIENCE MAY NEVER BE THE RIGHT ONE:It may be risky to base your decision on assumption.At the beginning of this bear market,there was a lot of assumption,many so sure that before we close our eyes and open,bull run will be here.Nobody ever expect the bear market to be this long,so, many decision made base on this assumptions as lead to frustration today.
In crypto,today you are up and tomorrow you are down.
To those caught up in it,you can only hope for the best,don’t give up.

hello! i think you made an essential list, i like the part about past experience. A controversial point but if we look deeper, it holds the truth no doubt. it is the same as in real life. thank you!
Activity: 882
Merit: 502
November 06, 2018, 02:58:41 PM
The lesson was very harsh, but showed that there is no need to be greedy and expect perpetual growth, you need to be able to take profits on time
Activity: 756
Merit: 256
HEX: Longer pays better
November 06, 2018, 02:54:18 PM
I don't think there is any worse thing can be happened anymore Smiley. ETH and BTC price at the moment are very low and I don't think they'll be able to fall anymore. At the moment, I think we no need to worry too much about bear market anymore, we just need to be patient and wait till bullrun happen Smiley
Activity: 581
Merit: 250
November 06, 2018, 02:52:04 PM
Yeah, you're right. We should be ready for anything happen if we have decided to join crypto. The price is unstable, any possibilities can happen anytime. So, just prepare yourself to face that.
Activity: 476
Merit: 101
November 06, 2018, 09:49:45 AM
whatever the business must be at risk, what is clear is that determination must be prepared before we move forward, let fate determine, the important thing is that we continue to work hard and try, no one wants to be in the bottom, therefore must be prepared to bear all the risks that we will get later
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
November 06, 2018, 09:48:33 AM
how would you not want to make quick money, 70% of your investment capital must be kept in Bitcoin
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
November 06, 2018, 09:47:15 AM
So is the worst is yet to come? I thought we're already passed the worst.

No one really did expected on how long this bear would be and no one knows when its exactly going to end. But base on the past bears, there's a significance for this bear that we are experiencing. Because there's also a long bear that happened for the past year if you just don't know.
Activity: 434
November 06, 2018, 09:35:15 AM
It is very important to understand that in the market of the stability that we encounter in fiat money, so of course you need to be careful!
Activity: 685
November 06, 2018, 09:22:47 AM
That is why it is very important to know how much you can afford to lose. Meaning you must invest also what you can afford to lose. Cryptomarket is a very unstable market, The stockmarket is a lot easier to read, but people there lose thousands or even millions even with that state. What more in cryptocurrency, that's why everyone should be cautious & ready at the same time. Moon landings come at a very bumpy ride too!

Yes you're right that stock market trading may bring you a huge loss considering its stability. What more with cryptocurrency where volatility is a very dstinctive characteristic of crytpocurrency. The bear market only shows how prices may change without any assurance when will prices go up again. If you're just new with cryptocurrency investment and trading, don't forget to always do due diligence before investing. During bear market, be calm so that you can think of the right things to do.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
November 06, 2018, 09:15:23 AM
Bear market can always happen but when bear stays for long time, you can make adjustment and take the opportunity to make money from it. Not only in the bull market can investors and HODLers make money, they should take advantage if the bear market stays long. They have to find strategy how can this become profitable for them. One lesson I learned is to be patience in the bear market season. This the time to buy the dip and HOLD or HODL for long time duration of it until bull take over.

That's a great plan in this ridiculous market situation we need to think wisely and need to take advantage of this bear market as investing in it and sell at when the market turns green else we will lose money if we panic and sell. Patience is key here, good days are very near let's have faith in this.
Activity: 784
November 06, 2018, 09:07:53 AM
It is already November, and the market is bearish for ten months now. This is very disappointing for others especially after the biggest year so far in cryptocurrency where significant coins hit all time high. With this turn of events, two things must be learned. Cryptocurrency is volatile and unpredictable.
Activity: 248
November 06, 2018, 08:33:23 AM
BE PREPARED FOR THE WORST: In this bear market,I have learnt that the worst could happen,so we should always prepare for the worst.Many have lost up to 80% of their portfolio to this bear market because they are not expecting the worst to happen,unfortunately,they are caught up in it.If they had prepare for the worst,they could have done something about their portfolio at the beginning of the bear market.
DECISION BASED ON PAST EXPERIENCE MAY NEVER BE THE RIGHT ONE:It may be risky to base your decision on assumption.At the beginning of this bear market,there was a lot of assumption,many so sure that before we close our eyes and open,bull run will be here.Nobody ever expect the bear market to be this long,so, many decision made base on this assumptions as lead to frustration today.
In crypto,today you are up and tomorrow you are down.
To those caught up in it,you can only hope for the best,don’t give up.

I think you are correct because for every great venture in life, there is always some level of preparation,because without adequate preparation you might not be able to avert the dangers of loses.
Activity: 420
November 06, 2018, 08:31:08 AM
Many people paid a high enough price for this experience, anything can happen in the world of cryptocurrency, and you need to learn how to accept even the worst result, and not give in to panic.
Pages:
Jump to: