Pages:
Author

Topic: Lesson from bear market - page 45. (Read 23465 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 105
November 06, 2018, 08:25:39 AM
My main lesson from bear market is that you should hold the promising coins like Bitcoin, Ethereum and others, because there is no sense to sell coins for a low price.
Activity: 364
Merit: 6
November 06, 2018, 08:19:16 AM
Yep. We should brace ourselves to the worst that can happen in our investments. Keep in mind that our money is invested in a currency that is volatile. Any day, any hour, it can change a lot. Today might be a good day but we can never say the same for tomorrow.
Activity: 420
Merit: 3
November 06, 2018, 08:16:50 AM
BE PREPARED FOR THE WORST: In this bear market,I have learnt that the worst could happen,so we should always prepare for the worst.Many have lost up to 80% of their portfolio to this bear market because they are not expecting the worst to happen,unfortunately,they are caught up in it.If they had prepare for the worst,they could have done something about their portfolio at the beginning of the bear market.
DECISION BASED ON PAST EXPERIENCE MAY NEVER BE THE RIGHT ONE:It may be risky to base your decision on assumption.At the beginning of this bear market,there was a lot of assumption,many so sure that before we close our eyes and open,bull run will be here.Nobody ever expect the bear market to be this long,so, many decision made base on this assumptions as lead to frustration today.
In crypto,today you are up and tomorrow you are down.
To those caught up in it,you can only hope for the best,don’t give up.

There is an element of truth in what you have said. One of the things that keep amazing me, as if the trend in cryptocurrency if fixed for every year, is when people keep comparing last year with this year, to the extend of comparing prices on fixed dates.
Activity: 840
Merit: 252
November 06, 2018, 08:15:59 AM
Bear market can always happen but when bear stays for long time, you can make adjustment and take the opportunity to make money from it. Not only in the bull market can investors and HODLers make money, they should take advantage if the bear market stays long. They have to find strategy how can this become profitable for them. One lesson I learned is to be patience in the bear market season. This the time to buy the dip and HOLD or HODL for long time duration of it until bull take over.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 254
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
November 06, 2018, 08:07:43 AM
The loss in Bear season was more than 60%. I'il wait for the bull season. No matter how long this time is, I will wait.
I have also lost more than 60% since May. The market has quickly fallen since May when I reinvested in it. Sometimes I get lost in the direction and intend to panic but I did not do that, Until now I still hold and wait for the bull market
Activity: 168
Merit: 24
November 06, 2018, 07:58:46 AM
Many people expected after All time high in last year 2017 market still bullrun and they are many new comer( me too) that would make huge profit to join and buy some coin without preparation. they don't know what should to do when bear market would come for so long. Because they didn't learn how to fight this condition. But in my experience after lose we should to know how to management risk, learn about technical and fundamental at trading or how to choose good coin to invest. And this is true we still can make some profit if we now situation and calm at trading there wilk be some coin will grow up. So just learn about your experience and always make some note
Activity: 672
Merit: 100
November 06, 2018, 07:53:50 AM
The loss in Bear season was more than 60%. I'il wait for the bull season. No matter how long this time is, I will wait.
Activity: 616
Merit: 102
November 06, 2018, 07:41:18 AM
BE PREPARED FOR THE WORST: In this bear market,I have learnt that the worst could happen,so we should always prepare for the worst.Many have lost up to 80% of their portfolio to this bear market because they are not expecting the worst to happen,unfortunately,they are caught up in it.If they had prepare for the worst,they could have done something about their portfolio at the beginning of the bear market.
DECISION BASED ON PAST EXPERIENCE MAY NEVER BE THE RIGHT ONE:It may be risky to base your decision on assumption.At the beginning of this bear market,there was a lot of assumption,many so sure that before we close our eyes and open,bull run will be here.Nobody ever expect the bear market to be this long,so, many decision made base on this assumptions as lead to frustration today.
In crypto,today you are up and tomorrow you are down.
To those caught up in it,you can only hope for the best,don’t give up.
Some coin/token even lost 95%. Now that we reached this point of time, if you are not into trading then the best thing to do is to hold unto your coins/tokens until we reach the next bullrun.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
November 06, 2018, 07:27:07 AM
You sounded like an earthquake or some disaster is coming  Grin

Anyway, if there is anything I have learned in bear markets, that is not to panic and always look for that opportunity to take profits whichever the market goes. Most are just content holding their coins/tokens and not selling at a loss while others are looking to make short term trades and gain profits. Even Dead Cat Bounce.
Activity: 378
Merit: 42
AhrvoDEEX FUTURE OF BROKERAGE TRANSACTIONS
November 06, 2018, 07:18:55 AM
That is why it is very important to know how much you can afford to lose. Meaning you must invest also what you can afford to lose. Cryptomarket is a very unstable market, The stockmarket is a lot easier to read, but people there lose thousands or even millions even with that state. What more in cryptocurrency, that's why everyone should be cautious & ready at the same time. Moon landings come at a very bumpy ride too!
Activity: 560
Merit: 16
November 06, 2018, 07:17:34 AM
Yeah, doing something in market is not easy, it has different attribute and also it can affect the traders and the investors. We people , we must always stay calm and focus and patience about what happening in the market. When an investor try to move on or do a panic selling. its a huge waste to them. Thanks for this Lesson my friend Smiley
Activity: 728
Merit: 139
November 06, 2018, 07:16:40 AM
This bear market has taught me a lot because I lost a significant amount of money. Now I realized that it’s better to earn less than to lose and I’m not looking for risky long-term deals that promise high income, but rather content myself with quick deals with a profit of a few percent and feel satisfied. The main thing is to keep funds in usd and not in cryptocurrency. The worst thing you can do in a bear market is to keep funds in altcoins, this is sheer insanity.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
November 06, 2018, 07:14:20 AM
 the most valuable lesson that you could have learned was that to see how much you can REALLY be successful in this market. in other words if this year you made the same amount of profit or even more profit compared to last year then it means you are in fact a successful trader. but if you lost anything more than 20% of your investment compared to beginning of the year then you MUST STAY AWAY from this market. because it is not for you.

if you buy some random altcoin and they pump it and you make profit, that doesn't make you a good investor, that makes you a terrible gambler. and that is what most people experienced last year and thought they were good traders!
Activity: 714
Merit: 10
Living is easy with eyes closed ...
November 06, 2018, 07:14:17 AM
Indeed, the bear market that happened this year took many by surprise. But it became a good lesson about the need to use money management. So now I immediately sell tokens if their price falls by 10 percent, although I used to wait until it grows. The high volatility of the cryptocurrency will make it possible to easily recover your capital at a 10 percent decline. But if the coin falls by 80 percent, then recovery requires 500% to earn, which is a great difficulty.
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
November 06, 2018, 07:07:17 AM
Yes, I agree. People sbould learn the lesson well as cryptocurrency is very unpredictable and I would say that too much expectation could lead only to nothing when bearish market will be in place. People should not panic if  bearish market may be experience instead they should extend their patience and need to wait for the right timing.
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi
November 06, 2018, 06:55:23 AM
The lesson is obvious. You should always stay calm and never sell cheap. If you bought a coin and the price dropped, just wait for the next uptrend. You should also be patient and stay calm. In this way, you will earn a lot of money in the future.
Activity: 308
Merit: 15
November 06, 2018, 06:51:50 AM
It's every area of concentration we would always have one or two lessons to learnt on different occasions. So many people learnt through hardship in different cases. As a matter of fact, a business man/woman should always be prepared for such time but when the time comes shouldn't relent. The bull market is on it's way and no one would predict it
Activity: 756
Merit: 111
cro.baby
November 06, 2018, 04:27:05 AM
Not only in crypto, all investment sides must be prepared to face it (today wake up, tomorrow is down). Especially in cyrpto, at this time when market conditions like this, it is very necessary to be very careful. Hopefully what we hope can be realized.
Activity: 250
Merit: 10
November 06, 2018, 04:20:32 AM
The lessons from the bearish market can be:

1. You can always make your profit from trade if you are not greedy

I like this, the key is not to be greedy an just be calm and slow

2. You must learn to quit a trade faster before it all dumps suddenly
This is for me just a little hard

3. You must buy well researched project token to avoid loss

Of course bacause almist 80% ICOs nowadays do not reached hardcap, and even they reach the hardcap, sometimes they let the token dump

4. Learn to HODL when the trade is complicated

How long to hold it?? Can we make a decision to cul loss and make another trade??

5. Learn and differentiate between HODL session and when to sell its very important to learn to study and make correct decisions regarding HODL AND SELL

Nice and great
Activity: 588
Merit: 107
November 06, 2018, 04:12:37 AM
1. Everything moves in waves, whether it goes up or down. Learn to sell and buy back.
2. Hodling will only give 1 BTC = 1 BTC (after months or years), if your trades are successful, you may even have more than 1 BTC, even in a bear market (or lose it as well).
3. Protect your downside. Small losses turn to bigger losses if not managed. Losing 20% of value is better than losing 80-90%.
4. Be patient when trading.
Pages:
Jump to: