Pages:
Author

Topic: Lets play a game of Chess - page 76. (Read 160665 times)

Activity: 618
Merit: 500
a clockwork miner
September 18, 2015, 07:43:25 PM
ah ok my bad, ill post my own thread with the chess board cakir had posted sorry for the inconvenience...

No worries. Feel free to stick around and join the existing game if you wish.

Yep, I was going to post the same thing. Why don't you join us if you like to play chess?
OP — the Anonymous Grand Master — said he hopes to see more members involved as the game goes on.  Wink

BTW, I'm a bit surprised that only 5 or 6 (edit: rather 7 or 8 ) of us, among the bct community, are playing this epic battle against a real chess GM.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
September 18, 2015, 07:21:08 PM
Why don't you play on a board? Grin
|♖|♘|♗|♔|♕|♗|♘|♖|
|♙|♙|♙|♙|♙|♙|♙|—|
|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|♙|
|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|
|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|
|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|
|♟|♟|♟|♟|♟|♟|♟|♟|
|♜|♞|♝|♚|♛|♝|♞|♜|

this is pretty neat, i'll go ahead and make the first move!

I guess you are free to do whatever you want in a thread that is not moderated. Having two game running at once won't confuse or the other people who have been following the thread a while. It will probably confuse some new people who visit the thread and cant understand why two games are running at once (after reading the OP).

As far as I know never OP agreed to play a second game so the new board you are starting would be strictly PvP among other community members.
ah ok my bad, ill post my own thread with the chess board cakir had posted sorry for the inconvenience...

No worries. Feel free to stick around and join the existing game if you wish.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 520
September 18, 2015, 07:18:31 PM
|♖|♘|♗|♔|♕|♗|♘|♖|
|♙|♙|♙|♙|♙|♙|♙|—|
|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|♙|
|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|
|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|
|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|
|♟|♟|♟|♟|♟|♟|♟|♟|
|♜|♞|♝|♚|♛|♝|♞|♜|

I guess you are free to do whatever you want in a thread that is not moderated. Having two game running at once won't confuse or the other people who have been following the thread a while. It will probably confuse some new people who visit the thread and cant understand why two games are running at once (after reading the OP).

As far as I know never OP agreed to play a second game so the new board you are starting would be strictly PvP among other community members.
September 18, 2015, 07:12:39 PM
|♖|♘|♗|♔|♕|♗|♘|♖|
|♙|♙|♙|♙|♙|♙|♙|—|
|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|♙|
|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|
|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|
|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|
|♟|♟|♟|♟|♟|♟|♟|♟|
|♜|♞|♝|♚|♛|♝|♞|♜|

September 18, 2015, 07:01:36 PM
I like the idea of Be3 but based on the reasoning of my prior post I don't think we are ready for it now.
13. Be3 Ng4 is very annoying
We may need to play h3 first.

Jeez... you're perfectly right!
After reading your prior post I had the impression we could postpone h3 after the Ng4... I didn't pay attention to the fact that our Bishop will already be on e3 and so under the attack of Ng4. As you said, this will be very annoying, we would be forced to move again the Bishop.

On the other side, starting with the pawn and only then the Bishop, looks maybe a bit too long to me.

Ok, a4 for me too, please.

In short 13. a4 is a simpler plan we can play right away, but what is our follow up?

This obviously can vary, but the options clear to me are:

13. a4              bxa4             ---> 14. Nxa4 (check to the Queen)
13. a4   [Black doesn't swap] ---> 14. axb4 or a5 or wathever based on what Black moved

It seems like 13. a4 is well ahead in the voting at the moment.  It looks like a good move. You are right that our next move will depend on what black does.  My guess is still that he ignores our pawn and develops a rook.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 520
September 18, 2015, 06:49:27 PM
|♖|♘|♗|♔|♕|♗|♘|♖|
|♙|♙|♙|♙|♙|♙|♙|—|
|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|♙|
|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|
|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|
|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|
|♟|♟|♟|♟|♟|♟|♟|♟|
|♜|♞|♝|♚|♛|♝|♞|♜|

a clockwork miner
September 18, 2015, 06:42:49 PM
I like the idea of Be3 but based on the reasoning of my prior post I don't think we are ready for it now.

Jeez... you're perfectly right!
After reading your prior post I had the impression we could postpone h3 after the Ng4... I didn't pay attention to the fact that our Bishop will already be on e3 and so under the attack of Ng4. As you said, this will be very annoying, we would be forced to move again the Bishop.

On the other side, starting with the pawn and only then the Bishop, looks maybe a bit too long to me.

Ok, a4 for me too, please.

In short 13. a4 is a simpler plan we can play right away, but what is our follow up?

This obviously can vary, but the options clear to me are:

13. a4              bxa4             ---> 14. Nxa4 (check to the Queen)
13. a4   [Black doesn't swap] ---> 14. axb4 or a5 or wathever based on what Black moved

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
September 18, 2015, 02:12:48 PM
count me i play well this gameBTC
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
★ BitClave ICO: 15/09/17 ★
September 18, 2015, 01:33:50 PM
|♖|♘|♗|♔|♕|♗|♘|♖|
|♙|♙|♙|♙|♙|♙|♙|♙|
|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|
|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|
|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|
|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|
|♟|♟|♟|♟|♟|♟|♟|♟|
|♜|♞|♝|♚|♛|♝|♞|♜|

September 18, 2015, 01:28:02 PM
Some of you guys also follow the World Chess Cup?

There are some very nice games already be played an there will also be a lot of nice games. I follow the games by Chessbomb.

I am watching it. OP is playing in it! We don't know who he is but he has provided a few clues
September 18, 2015, 01:25:40 PM
Continue putting pressure on the queenside until we can break open the c- or d-file. Exactly how we do that depends on how Black responds. Black may well want to open up the position immediately with 13... c4 to open up the diagonal for his queen, so we should maintain the threat of a5 just in case his queen becomes a problem.

@abacus, have you decided yet?

13. Be3

Thanks for waiting me! I was still trying to look at the conseguences of a Be3 played now, but I know my time is over (I could never play a real match with a game clock, lol).

Let's do so: considering I see the consensus going for a4, my vote here is for Be3, to get some opinions from you all (in case this move is worth it).
If there is an oversight in Be3 or some draw to break then I'll go with a4 without doubt.

Activity: 770
Merit: 284
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 18, 2015, 12:32:12 PM
Some of you guys also follow the World Chess Cup?

There are some very nice games already be played an there will also be a lot of nice games. I follow the games by Chessbomb.
a clockwork miner
September 18, 2015, 12:27:31 PM
Continue putting pressure on the queenside until we can break open the c- or d-file. Exactly how we do that depends on how Black responds. Black may well want to open up the position immediately with 13... c4 to open up the diagonal for his queen, so we should maintain the threat of a5 just in case his queen becomes a problem.

13. Be3

Thanks for waiting me! I was still trying to look at the conseguences of a Be3 played now, but I know my time is over (I could never play a real match with a game clock, lol).

Let's do so: considering I see the consensus going for a4, my vote here is for Be3, to get some opinions from you all (in case this move is worth it).
If there is an oversight in Be3 or some draw to break then I'll go with a4 without doubt.
legendary
Activity: 4494
Merit: 3178
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
September 18, 2015, 09:44:08 AM

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053
Please do not PM me loan requests!
September 17, 2015, 09:14:34 PM
I vote a4 again!

Also, no charts for a few days, I left the files on my other pc :L
September 17, 2015, 06:57:01 PM
I'm leaning towards d4 to make the Rook earn its keep.
No good! It makes the Black rook earn its keep! After 13... cxd4 14. Nxd4 (14. Rxd4?? Bxf3 loses the exchange one way or another) 14... Rac8 (or 14... Bxg2 15. Kxg2 Rac8, same difference), we'll have to give up the c-file to unpin the knight.

I was looking to d4 too, but this analysis has made me change my mind. Smiley
My vote for Rac1.

I'm the third who thought d4 was a good move...

Now I'm looking better at a4 but I would like to wait a few hours before my decision.

Rac1 and a4 both look reasonable to me (I mentioned them last move despite choosing Rfd1 as my choice).  

If we still want to play d4 instead of a4 we can but it will take a few more moves to prepare. For example:

13. Rac1 (pressure on c file)
14. h3 (to stop Ng4)
15. Be3 (defend d4 and put pressure on diagonal)
16. d4

13. e3 preparing 14. d4 is another option but it does weaken our pawn structure

13. a4
can be played right away. Black is unlikely to capture on a4 or move to b4 for reasons foxpup said before. I bet he just develops his rook (Rfd8) or something. What do we play to do next?
14. a5 (black will move queen)
seems to weaken our pawn long term while blocking the position
14. axb5 will be met by axb5. Has opening the a file helped us? I don't think so.

a clockwork miner
September 17, 2015, 02:06:40 PM
No good! It makes the Black rook earn its keep! After 13... cxd4 14. Nxd4 (14. Rxd4?? Bxf3 loses the exchange one way or another) 14... Rac8 (or 14... Bxg2 15. Kxg2 Rac8, same difference), we'll have to give up the c-file to unpin the knight.

My vote for Rac1.

I'm the third who thought d4 was a good move...

Now I'm looking better at a4 but I would like to wait a few hours before my decision.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1026
★Nitrogensports.eu★
September 17, 2015, 11:38:47 AM

My vote for Rac1.
legendary
Activity: 4494
Merit: 3178
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
September 17, 2015, 06:19:08 AM
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓
September 17, 2015, 05:13:11 AM
It begins! Now is the time for a4! Probably, that is. I actually don't know what the best way to launch our attack is, other than that we must launch it now. Rac1 might also be good. But I think the time is right for a4.

Pages:
Jump to: