Pages:
Author

Topic: Let's stop comparing Bitcoin to Ethereum or any other Cryptos - page 9. (Read 20468 times)

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1547
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
I don't think it is relevant to compare Bitcoin to Ethereum or comparing any other cryptos to each other. I know its quiet tempting to compare Bitcoin to Ethereum because of their reputations in terms of their market cap and volume.But I do believe that the source of doubt in most people in the crypto community is mostly because of this comparisons made about cryptocurrencies. People who don't really know and understand the ideas and purpose of the creation of cryptocurrency will just share their ignorance to the world, which is not helping the crypto market. People sell their cryptos just because they heard that a particular coin is better than the coin they have. To add to these, I believe dumping of crypto coins is also as a result of this kinda comparisons made by people.  Please let's find a way to talk about cryptos rather than comparing them to each other...... Huh Huh Huh

To compare is just to find similarities and differences. Anyone can compare anything he wants. There is nothing wrong with it.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 300
Here is the issue, the opposition (Ether, bcash, other alts) they all compare themselves to Bitcoin and pretend that they are version 2.0 of crypto and better so you are definitely going to get a lot of defensive post and comparisons.

True, even Bitcoin forks aims to be the better cryptocurrency which is risky to invest because they all have the same function and the problem of Bitcoin were never been resolved with those forks that happened. Bitcoin was incomparable with any coin because it's proven itself already through the years.
i think that too, and we all know that too.
bitcoin is too strong to compare with new coins (altcoin),
i think those who compare bitcoin with other new coins intend to raise the new coin name.
or it can be said to advertise the new coin by raising the new coin name as an interesting topic of conversation,
so that the new coin name becomes known to many people.

and automatically new coin prices will rise.
comparing has no used at all so let's stop comparing it. We need to make some right decision on the  feild. I believe that if we are going to do engaging on both eth and bitcoin or maybe altcoin we can also have many opportunity to earn in a different way.
Activity: 700
Merit: 11
send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c
Here is the issue, the opposition (Ether, bcash, other alts) they all compare themselves to Bitcoin and pretend that they are version 2.0 of crypto and better so you are definitely going to get a lot of defensive post and comparisons.

True, even Bitcoin forks aims to be the better cryptocurrency which is risky to invest because they all have the same function and the problem of Bitcoin were never been resolved with those forks that happened. Bitcoin was incomparable with any coin because it's proven itself already through the years.
i think that too, and we all know that too.
bitcoin is too strong to compare with new coins (altcoin),
i think those who compare bitcoin with other new coins intend to raise the new coin name.
or it can be said to advertise the new coin by raising the new coin name as an interesting topic of conversation,
so that the new coin name becomes known to many people.

and automatically new coin prices will rise.
Activity: 73
Merit: 0
Yes, it is right because both of them are totally different, there value their acceptance and everything only similarity is all of them are called crypto currency.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
you can never stop people from making such comparisons, they have been doing it for as long as I can remember. as it was pointed out, most of them are just spam advertising their bags but also there is another group of newbies who see bitcoin and see its rise from $0.01 to whatever the current price of that time is and think they have missed the chance of making a good investment so they seek out alternatives that are still at lower prices and think if they invest in those they can make the same profit when they go up to bitcoin price levels. but what they don't know is that those altcoins never go up to those levels because they can not do that.
this group ends up comparing their altcoin with bitcoin mostly to see if the price can catch up.
Activity: 53
yes ... stop to compare bitcoin with ethereum and crypto others because everything can be profitable, especially cryto can be known by many people because of bitcoin .
Activity: 357
Merit: 10
I think everyone here has a own perception about crypto ,just stay your self on what and why your are believing on it ,and dont care about them.
Activity: 317
Merit: 100
Yes lets stop comparing it cause bitcoin was our foundation here in crypto currecies if bitcoin was not here we will not going to know what crypto is
Activity: 616
you are right comparing bitcoin with other platform is not affect anything, bitcoin and other platform is created different, and i think that other cryptocurrencies created to make a perfect cryptocurrencies by see the bitcoin weakness and other
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Ignore people who continue to compare bitcoin and Ethereum or other altcoins, because of the comparison of bitcoin to Ethereum or to the altcoin, that comparison has no place. the price is very far. they sell not because of the comparison being made in the community. This is only a result where everyone panics because of a lack of understanding of crypto and the lack of faith in making long-term investments.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
Files.fm - Store, Share and Sell Files
I agree with you. many people easily see from one side which is used as a comparison of fellow altcoins with others. then BTC and ETH become a benchmark or wall of reference. maybe they don't understand clearly the purpose of cryptocurrency. so that it is easily switched only because of news or information that is sometimes not necessarily accurate.
 Embarrassed Lips sealed
Activity: 294
Merit: 12
I don't think it is relevant to compare Bitcoin to Ethereum or comparing any other cryptos to each other. I know its quiet tempting to compare Bitcoin to Ethereum because of their reputations in terms of their market cap and volume.But I do believe that the source of doubt in most people in the crypto community is mostly because of this comparisons made about cryptocurrencies. People who don't really know and understand the ideas and purpose of the creation of cryptocurrency will just share their ignorance to the world, which is not helping the crypto market. People sell their cryptos just because they heard that a particular coin is better than the coin they have. To add to these, I believe dumping of crypto coins is also as a result of this kinda comparisons made by people.  Please let's find a way to talk about cryptos rather than comparing them to each other...... Huh Huh Huh
everyone will definitely do the same thing if we want to see price developments, and make predictions because they are all digital currencies that certainly have the same nature, there are only a few things that distinguish from the number of users and regulations of each country.
Activity: 18
Merit: 1
People sell their cryptos just because they heard that a particular coin is better than the coin they have. To add to these, I believe dumping of crypto coins is also as a result of this kinda comparisons made by people. 

A lot of people in crypto are to make a quick profit and they are not interested in understanding how it works and what is its future use or any other reasons. Their main aim is to make money and if that is not happening then they will start comparing with other coins which are either more stable or going up in that movement. I don't we can do anything for this segment of people.

Exactly, and to them, anything that goes up quickly is the same. People who compare these coins are most often focusing on the market movements and the price action rather than the actual coin's value itself. A lot of people have bought and sold the coin, and that's reason enough for them to jump on the train for some short term profits.

I wouldn't think that they're anything like each other. Bitcoin is the only coin that is still strong enough to withstand multiple tests. These other ones are fading away...
Activity: 280
I don't think that there is any relevance in comparing btc to some other cryptocurrencies since it does not made any impact at all. It's normal to people to have some comparison by some people but I guess it will only for discussion.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

Activity: 254
Merit: 1258
Activity: 420
Harmony for One and All
I don't think it is relevant to compare Bitcoin to Ethereum or comparing any other cryptos to each other. I know its quiet tempting to compare Bitcoin to Ethereum because of their reputations in terms of their market cap and volume.But I do believe that the source of doubt in most people in the crypto community is mostly because of this comparisons made about cryptocurrencies. People who don't really know and understand the ideas and purpose of the creation of cryptocurrency will just share their ignorance to the world, which is not help the crypto market. People sell their cryptos just because they heard that a particular coin is better than the coin they have. To add to these, I believe dumping of crypto coins is also as a result of this kinda comparisons made by people.  Please let's find a way to talk about cryptos rather than comparing them to each other...... Huh Huh Huh

I completely agree with you. The target users for Bitcoin and Ethereum are entirely different as per their objectives intially. Bitcoin is targeted to replace the fiat currency whereas Ethereum wants to be fuel for cloud computing and Decentralised internet. After some time all of us believed that Ethereum also can be used more efficiently than Bitcoin. But Ethereum failed to fulfil the charectestics of money and Ethereum will never replace fiat portion because it is not designed to meant for money.
Activity: 209
Merit: 12
you do realize that it is not "us" that are comparing bitcoin to other altcoins!

in other words usually people who are comparing bitcoin to some altcoin are not even comparing them, they are instead advertising that altcoin by trying to say that altcoin is "better" than bitcoin. this is not limited to centralized shitcoins like ethereum but it has happened  with many different ones. for instance last year at least a dozen altcoins like Dash were supposed to replace bitcoin by now but after their pumps were done and they earned their profit, the dumps began and their "advertisement" also stopped.
Thanks for enlightening me with your opinion. I believe you are definitely right about them advertising their altcoin by comparing it to bitcoin. I think most people are into cryptos just to make profit, which is not suppose to be so. I get sad when I see such kinda behaviour demonstrated by some crypto enthusiast...
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
Its very normal to keep coins being compared always since that makes the community alive. We cannot also deny that there are competition being a currency on the coinmarket.cap and everyone is doing their best to be number one. There is nothing wrong in comparing the coins and as long as we support them and continue to support them then they will still continue to exist and have a value.
Activity: 35
Comparison is the eternal problem of man. We can not stop them, just listen to them and filter the information.
Pages:
Jump to: