Pages:
Author

Topic: Let's Talk Bitcoin! #6 "Cyprus & Serendipity" Big Jeffrey A. Tucker Interview - page 2. (Read 5303 times)

Activity: 469
Merit: 253
Enjoyed the show. A comment about the donations issue.

I expect that many people like me will think "I'd like to donate. But I don't want to do it every week" so that's why people are donating in the .1-1BTC range rather than the 0.01 x hundreds of people version you were hoping for.

Like, for myself, I donated 0.1 thinking of it as ~$15 USD and thinking "that's my contribution for the next month or two, let's see how this goes". And then if I think you're providing me a really valuable service and I enjoy the show, I can do the same again later.

Of course, once automated payment systems are up and running, that would be a great option for micropayments Smiley

Comment on the content: the ID-tied-to-BTC-address concept is excellent. There seems to be a connection with the Namecoin concept and what Julian Assange was saying to Eric Schmidt in that transcript.

Your concerns about tying monetary value to speech are valid, and I am worried about that too, but I believe/hope they will be addressed by the free market. That is to say, just as now people can interact via facebook if they want to, or on an open forum with anonymous login if they want to, so in the future fora will form based on BTC identities for those who see value in that (avoidance of spam and fraud or anything else), and other fora will form with other user groups in mind. There is no need to try and regulate anything away.

At a deeper level, I think the "ID in BTC" concept, like the "smart property" concept has great philosophical significance for the way society develops from here. I have an idea in my mind based around reification, Platonic ideals and entropy but that's for another time...
Activity: 434
Merit: 254
Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!
There was a long musical part, and I put it in as a test to see how people liked it.  I've been using them for transitions and thought it might be good to have a longer break since this was a more host-intensive show.  Thanks for the feedback on it, as you can tell this is all an experiment Smiley

The long intro - It's about 2 and a half minutes - I thought adding music under it might help a little, and it does change every episode - kind of an update about where the show is before it.  I figure it's easy to skip on most podcast players chunks of 30s, but I am looking to make it shorter, or to spread out the information a little more.

We actually did talk about the elephant in the room, it wasn't really a one-sided contract.  It may seem that way, but signing the contract prevented the creation of probably their most connected US challenger to date.  The partnership means that Gox basically keeps their monopoly on market trading, rather than losing their US customers when Coinlab's exchange is much easier to get money into, and comply with relevent tax law.

Turning a competitor into a subsidiary partner is a good move by Gox - They just failed to deliver for whatever reason.
Merit: 250
Yolo!

Some feedbacks:

The intro where you present everyone, the purpose of the podcast and everything
was kinda long. Especially for those who listened to the other podcasts.

Between the first and second part, there was a long musical part.
If I listen to a podcast, it's for hearing people talk.  Wink

Really enjoyed the ID scheme!

BitcoinATM: The story might be much more interesting... the other cofounder is the SilverVigilante;
he already works with Jeff Berwick on other projects. I urged him to speak up, but still nothing.  Sad

MtGox: This is why I love the free market. Everyone's bitching about MtGox, but the fact is that
they provide a service and (at least for now) they are better than everyone else. They've also remained
unhacked for a surprisingly long period of time. Especially considering they are probably the prime target.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2ku1A5Ox8U
I also wonder why nobody mentioned the elephant in the room... it seems the contract is incredibly one-sided
to benefit Coinlab. Why the hell did Mark signed this in the first place?

Anyhow, keep up the good work!  Grin

Let's Talk Bitcoin! is a show for users new and old of Cryptocurrencies and the current king of them all, Bitcoin!   Episodes range from 55 minutes to a little over an hour, and include news, analysis and original interviews in a clean, audio-magazine format..  

For previous episodes & our Listener Support widget, visit us at www.letstalkbitcoin.com

Send Listener Questions, Feedback, plus offers to help the cause and join our team to [email protected]

Also, we're looking for members to join our Bitcoin Community Roundtable - If you're doing something in the Bitcoin community and want to be made available of interview opportunities as they arise, Check out the specific thread for more details https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/lets-talk-bitcoin-is-looking-for-community-reps-for-the-bitcoin-roundtable-186752

Each episode takes about 10 hours to produce, please support the show if you like what we're doing.
1KnwasrqdsrWQHaN4NY7aeDBJR61ms8oYP

Hosts:
Adam B. Levine
Stephanie Murphy, PhD
Andreas M. Antonopoulos

Listen & Subscribe!

Subscribe & Review us on iTunes
RSS Feed Here

Episode 003 for May 1st, 2013 - The Future of Money
  • Project Talk -   Fr33Aid - Bitcoin ID — Bitcoin Neutrality
  • Listener Mail -  Litecoin & Asics.  Bitcoin Bank?
  • Interview with  Joe Cascio about controlling your identity, and attacking spam on the internet with Bitcoin
  • Discussion #1 - Bitcoin ATM gets fired up
  • Discussion #2 - Coinlab Vs. MtGox - What’s going on here?

Episode 4 "The Horrible Warnings" released, front page updated.
You should work for BFL. Then need some help in that department

Yeah that's a real weakness,
I consult and my rates are very reasonable in BTC [email protected]

Before starting the shows, I'd been volunteering my time as "community liason" at one of the Kickstarters I backed... Good lord do people have unrealistic assumptions, it can turn even a successful project into one everybody involved (creator included) just f'ing hate, and wish they'd never seen.

My rates are cheap because it hurts my brain to see good people failing because they just can't get away from their own limited point of view.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008
CEO of IOHK
You should work for BFL. Then need some help in that department
Expectation management Smiley Saturday.
As in "release tonight" good?  Cheesy
Saturday's episode is looking good Smiley

Let's Talk Bitcoin! is a show for users new and old of Cryptocurrencies and the current king of them all, Bitcoin!   Episodes will range from 55 minutes to a little over an hour, and include news, analysis and original interviews.  

For previous episodes & our Listener Support widget, visit us at www.letstalkbitcoin.com

Send Listener Questions, Feedback, plus offers to help the cause and join our team to [email protected]

Reddit Resident?   Please help us break through the noise with episode 2!  http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1d8v9f/lets_talk_bitcoin_what_is_buttercoin/

Also, we're looking for members to join our Bitcoin Community Roundtable - If you're doing something in the Bitcoin community and want to be made available of interview opportunities as they arise, Check out the specific thread for more details https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/lets-talk-bitcoin-is-looking-for-community-reps-for-the-bitcoin-roundtable-186752

Each episode takes about 10 hours to produce, please support the show if you like what we're doing.
1KnwasrqdsrWQHaN4NY7aeDBJR61ms8oYP

Hosts:
Adam B. Levine
Stephanie Murphy, PhD
Andreas M. Antonopoulos

Listen & Subscribe!

Subscribe & Review us on iTunes
RSS Feed Here

Episode 003 for May 1st, 2013 - The Future of Money
  • Project Talk! - Phone-A-Coin, OpenPaperWallet & Porc Therapy!
  • Max Keiser is getting klever or maybe krazy, why is this “Smart Guy” recommending Bitcoin do the impossible?
  • Interview with Paul Hughes - How Resilient is Bitcoin?
  • Altcoins, Namecoins, Litecoins, Hayekcoins - We discuss the Cryptocurrency Competition
  • Community Roundtable Member, Elizabeth Ploshay has some helpful advice on how to educate your political representatives about the Future of Money
Next episode is today, amirite?
legendary
CEO of IOHK
I'll get a press package to you on it. We should have a website/blog something done by the end of the week.
I don't think so, I'll add the to my list of "Things I can do better next time"

I edit myself for a reason, tangents are many.
legendary
CEO of IOHK
Any mention of the Bitcoin Education Project?
Thanks Paulie!

Also, episode 3 has been delayed a day due to a scheduling mixup, you can read details about it here and also listen to episode 46 of POP CULTIVATION, which I appeared on as a guest talking about Bitcoin http://letstalkbitcoin.com/post/49277689923/excuse-our-delay-we-record-our-host
Activity: 420
adam the quality just keeps getting better! well done!
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Thanks,
I asked Bradley again about accepting bitcoin donations - He basically said they do not currently because they were unclear on the legal and tax implications.  I noted that FinCEN guidance was pretty clear so long as they don't sell the bitcoins for US Dollars.  He said they were currently working on accepting bitcoin donations, and I linked him to coinwidget.com

Hopefully there will be a solution up soon.

Thanks, Adam, yes, we're working on it.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0

Good stuff guys.

Glad you got Bradley Jansen from freebanking.org ... he very aptly spelled out what is going to be the coal face in the regulatory reaction (via the abominable Bank Secrecy Act). Monetary freedom is not going to be a reality until the laws around money and private banking are changed.

Thanks, I'm going to try to cover Bitcoin more than we have--and I welcome more allies against the BSA and FinCEN!
What was the second?  I actually am looking for someone who has been paying attention to the alt coins and can relay the history and rough timeline, that sound like you frozenlock?

Nan sorry, I didn't look much into altcoins until recently.

I do know however that Namecoin was already there back in 2011 when I started looking into Bitcoin.

You could probably find someone to answer your questions in the alternate cryptocurrencies subforum.
Pages:
Jump to: