Pages:
Author

Topic: Leviar.io - Official thread - page 3. (Read 160564 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
July 22, 2018, 12:41:15 AM
The wallet doesn't want to synchronize. Stopped at block 491540 and then writes this:

http://prntscr.com/k9fp4o

What's wrong? What to do?
Activity: 35
July 19, 2018, 03:26:16 PM
I usually only use the cmd version.

The GUI version I start within a batch file and before I start leviard with parameters to the path of the blockchain.
I do that not only with Leviar, also with monero, etc., because almost all Windows-GUI-versions have similar problems.

Have Fun!
Activity: 4
July 19, 2018, 04:59:07 AM
Thank you!
I use  leviar-wallet-cli --generate-from-keys and gui wallet change to CLI wallet successful,
now finally saw my amount, there are many problems with windows 18.06.2 wallet.
July 19, 2018, 03:44:42 AM
with seed: leviar-wallet-cli --restore-deterministic-wallet "walletname"
with keys: leviar-wallet-cli --generate-from-keys "walletname"

or what do you mean?
July 19, 2018, 12:06:14 AM
Keys or seed how to import windows  18.06.2 CLI wallet?
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
July 18, 2018, 06:11:08 PM
When will the CLI tool for Windows be released to extract the keys from the old wallet?

Tool is available at this link: http://leviar.io/dl/leviar_keys_export.exe

How to use:
1. Make a backup of old wallet
2. Put leviar_keys_export in an empty folder
3. Drag wallet file on leviar_keys_export file
4. Type your wallet password (ignore any error, is normal if you are not running a local node)
5. After window closes a .keys.txt should appear in the folder
6. Open the ****.keys.txt file with notepad or any other text editor and grab your keys

Keys can be used to import a new wallet from keys in the new 18.06.2 GUI wallet or 18.06.2 cli wallet.
Activity: 266
July 18, 2018, 05:59:46 PM
After the recent developments of the past weeks I feel inclined to offer my perspective on it.
#cut-read above#

We clarified the situation in private and it will not happen again, we want to create a good product and we're really sorry about this.

After a lot of work, situation is getting better and we can't see the time to share our new main product, which will be released in closed beta by the end of this year: Mining/Ad app monetisation project, we are going to use Leviar blockchain to make it real (in the next months we will release more informations in a dedicated website)

I just updated the first page of this thread to be clear and simple (links updated), admins of not listed pools, please send the link on Telegram group!
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
July 18, 2018, 11:53:59 AM
Sincerely,

Crypto-Coins.Club

when your pool starts making payments ?!
July 18, 2018, 09:11:59 AM
The new GUI-Wallet Version 18.06.02  is ready for download and it´s syncing.
Activity: 19
July 16, 2018, 12:47:24 PM
After the recent developments of the past weeks I feel inclined to offer my perspective on it.

Fork 1 (from Forknote to Monero codebase)
---
At first glance this fork seemed to be working out well and according to the following message, posted on various social channels, the fork was a success.

“The fork has been activated successfully and the difficulty will be set at 120.000 for the next 2000/3000 blocks. Download the source from our GitHub and the binaries will be released by tomorrow.”

However, with the network difficulty still at the very high pre-fork value, and barely any mining power left after the fork, the blockchain had become pretty much stuck.

Obviously it is very easy and convenient to contribute this issue to unforeseen circumstances, but the fact of the matter is that with a little bit of research (into other coins that already made to algo switch to CryptonightV7) it would have been pretty easy to predict that this was going to happen. For sure I saw it coming from miles away.

Fork 2 (to fix Fork 1)
---
After almost two weeks of waiting, suddenly, and with very little warning or time to prepare, the second fork had been activated already. The most important feature of this fork was to manually lower the difficulty to a reasonable/sensible level, allowing the few remaining miners to finally find some blocks and get the chain moving again.

I would expect the height of the manually fixed diff to be chosen with care and after some thorough deliberation, especially with the recent difficulty debacle from the first fork in mind. Clearly, the choice for a fixed diff of 120000 / 2 KH/s does not show much care or thought went into it at all.

To illustrate: 2 KH/s...that’s about the equivalent of just ONE Vega64 GPU. Not surprisingly, the choice to fix the difficulty this extremely low difficulty caused a mining frenzy, with block times of 1 second, or even less. Subsequently, due to the sheer number of newly found blocks, this caused daemon sync issues for all pools except the “official” one.

While hoping to be able to mine a bunch of low-diff blocks and make up for some of the losses caused by blockchain being stuck, this was effectively made impossible...except for the “official” pool, which was able to mine over 5000 “easy” blocks.

At least, when the normal difficulty calculation kicked back in, this second fork fulfilled its purpose, though it went far from optimal.

Then...last night, v18.06.2 was implemented by the “official” pool without any prior warning or testing. This caused all other nodes to fall out of sync and display the following error message: “Failed to parse transaction from blob”. I will assume that this really was unintentional, however, it could have been easily prevented by simply testing it on a testnet, before running it on mainnet.

Wallet Issues
---
The most pressing issue right now is to fix the wallet. It has not been working properly, since directly after the first fork several weeks ago...which I have pointed out to you several weeks ago as well. Despite pointing it out, I still did not find any “official” status update or announcement acknowledging the wallet issues.

In fact, the latest/pinned announcement right now, on your Telegram, Facebook, Twitter and Discord still is this:

“The fork has been activated successfully and the difficulty will be set at 120.000 for the next 2000/3000 blocks. Download the source from our GitHub and the binaries will be released by tomorrow.”

Judging by that message it would appear like everything is working fine and Leviar doesn’t have any problems right now, which is definitely not the case.

So referring to the fork as “successful” is not only very ignorant and factually untrue, it also damages your credibility. Even more so when this is combined with the absence of an officially statement and acknowledgement of important current issues .

In my opinion it feels a lot like you are being very selective when choosing what “news” will be published and what won’t be published.   

I understand very well that this project is under development and technical hiccups and bugs are a part of the process...and I don’t have any problems with that. It is bothersome though, that you fail to communicate to your community in a straight-forward, open, honest and professional way. I am sure that this would benefit the project a lot. It will improve your trustworthiness and increase community involvement and faith. It will provide community members with some peace of mind, knowing that you are aware of the issue and working on it….and if nothing else, it will get rid of many of the constantly recurring questions, simply because you already told people what is going on.

PS.
---
Operating and maintaining a mining pool costs time and effort. Renting a server usually isn’t free either….and it takes blood, sweat and tears to attract a decent amount of miners to a pool. So I truly hope you understand that your careless actions of the past weeks are lacking in professionality...and are disrespectful to pool owners as well as miners.

Sincerely,

Crypto-Coins.Club
July 16, 2018, 02:37:00 AM
They will release a new wallet and then it will syncing...
July 16, 2018, 01:16:28 AM
Dear SIR
I have no way to import blockchain.raw ,so synced from height 1,but now stuck at 490000 .---windows win 18.06.1 CADMIUM---
July 15, 2018, 06:48:21 AM
It takes a while, but the coins should not be lost.
The new wallet software is still being tested and with the new release coming soon it should work.
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
July 15, 2018, 12:53:51 AM
the pool does not make a payment, what happened to him?
https://xlc.dark-mine.su/?lang=en#payments
July 10, 2018, 08:42:18 AM
Your coins are not lost.

However, you have to use the above tool to extract the keys from the old wallet and use these keys to create a new wallet.
Activity: 406
July 09, 2018, 07:46:34 AM
When will the CLI tool for Windows be released to extract the keys from the old wallet?
30th June

where is the tool?

You can download the tool to extract the keys from the old wallet on the following link:
http://leviar.io/dl/leviar_keys_export.exe
Activity: 41
July 03, 2018, 10:35:31 AM
30th June

where is the tool?
Activity: 728
Merit: 106
July 02, 2018, 01:24:26 PM
30 june have passed. Gui v0.2.0 is stuck on 3xxxxxx block.
Where is normal wallet without this msys2 and other strange stuff?
Activity: 406
June 28, 2018, 01:47:07 PM
The fork will take place on the block height 491500 instead of 490000. But the date won't change , the date is still June 30th.

Activity: 157
Merit: 1
June 26, 2018, 05:12:31 AM
Personally the drop has been good for me. I’ve accumulated a lot more recently. Anybody saying that they should promote the coin now clearly needs to think again. Promote the coin when we have switched or just before we switch to Monero code....not before
Pages:
Jump to: