Pages:
Author

Topic: Lightning miner ! 4ghs 80 usd Wow - page 4. (Read 20900 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
March 07, 2013, 04:24:45 PM
Mine is free can't see the harm either way.  I will eat crow most happily when it never shows.  I wonder if people will be so fair if it does show.
Activity: 125
March 07, 2013, 04:15:00 PM
hehehe you dont have to believe me, I'm half expecting not to even receive the damn thing.

to be honest the thing that worries me is the pictures on the website look like radio shack project boxes with stickers on them.

I ordered it with my credit card and I will instantly charge it back if it does not arrive or is fake once it does... I figure with the protection from my CC company I mine as well try - im way too late in the game to order from BFL.

lol Maybe I will just say it didnt arrive and order more for myself. I decided since I was making the plunge and ordering an actual miner I mine as well make an account and join this seemingly incredibly sarcastic and hostile community. Ive been lurking without an account for about a year - I dont really have time to be a full time member so it was never a big deal for me.

Just forget I said anything at all. jeeesh
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
March 07, 2013, 03:50:58 PM
I took an $80 gamble - I will keep you guys updated....

Date Registered:    Today at 02:51:53 AM

Yeah, I wouldnt be surprised at all if you will "win" your "gamble". Kinda curious what rubbish proof you will post though.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
March 07, 2013, 02:49:10 PM
I wager one barrel of Apfelschorle that one or more persons that registered on Bitcoin Forum around the time these scamsics (could that catch on? seems awkward) appeared will "receive" a scamsic and oddly will be unable to produce any proof other than vague statements about the large amount of BC they are bit mining.

Meanwhile long standing forum members (those that paid and those that were selected as beta testers) will receive nothing.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
March 07, 2013, 02:34:50 PM

We bitcoiners are perfect targets for scams. Ready to throw an $80 dollars gamble to the equivalent of a "less than 1" gamble in satoshidice (0.0015% of chances to succeed).

You just have to promise immediately available GHashes, register a website, claim to be a non-existent company with non-existent history, fake 8 or 9 comments from "old" customers that never existed before, and immediately after you will have a consistent number of bitcoiners ready to take that gamble.

But the house always win.
Activity: 125
March 07, 2013, 02:30:47 PM
March 07, 2013, 12:18:01 PM
Oh and btw due to and error by Mt. Gox these guys are sending me a LM 4.0 for free.  So I guess time will tell now.

-------------------------------
Community Chest

BANK ERROR
IN YOUR FAVOR
COLLECT LIGHTNING MINER
--------------------------------

You've got a better chance of owning Park Place than receiving an LM 4.0!!!

LOL cha ching....no skin off my back either way now is it?
March 07, 2013, 12:16:34 PM
Oh and btw due to and error by Mt. Gox these guys are sending me a LM 4.0 for free.  So I guess time will tell now.

-------------------------------
Community Chest

BANK ERROR
IN YOUR FAVOR
COLLECT LIGHTNING MINER
--------------------------------

You've got a better chance of owning Park Place than receiving an LM 4.0!!!
March 07, 2013, 11:53:54 AM
Oh and btw due to and error by Mt. Gox these guys are sending me a LM 4.0 for free.  So I guess time will tell now.
March 07, 2013, 11:43:37 AM
I sent an email inquiring about being a tester, here's the response I just received...

Hello,
      Keep an eye out on our BTC Mining Library as we will be releasing news about a Open House coming up next week. It was discussed with a BTC media outlet to be the best course of action, and we humbly accepted the proposal.  We will be having 7 Bitcoin New Group Affiliates along with our owners at the open house to answer all questions, and to give a sneak peak to the BTC community of our facility.  We will be having computers on site connected to our LM 4.0 series for testing on any pool, as well as a quick demonstration of our future product the Mammoth Miner.  Certain Specs of the Mammoth Miner will be available.  We will also have the creator of the LM 4.0 and both owners of the business on site to answer any all questions.  We will be releasing Location information for our Akron OH production facility in our Mining Library on our website towards the end of the week.  Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing more from you.

Arnold Ringer
Support Manager
Multiverse Computers

not entirely sure what is going on in this thread just came across Akron being mentioned.

but if anythings public i could take a trip to akron it's only 45 minute-hour tops away and i even drive through enough to stop once
I went to Akron once, that was enough

I was born there...got out when I was 12 though.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
March 07, 2013, 09:45:59 AM
I sent an email inquiring about being a tester, here's the response I just received...

Hello,
      Keep an eye out on our BTC Mining Library as we will be releasing news about a Open House coming up next week. It was discussed with a BTC media outlet to be the best course of action, and we humbly accepted the proposal.  We will be having 7 Bitcoin New Group Affiliates along with our owners at the open house to answer all questions, and to give a sneak peak to the BTC community of our facility.  We will be having computers on site connected to our LM 4.0 series for testing on any pool, as well as a quick demonstration of our future product the Mammoth Miner.  Certain Specs of the Mammoth Miner will be available.  We will also have the creator of the LM 4.0 and both owners of the business on site to answer any all questions.  We will be releasing Location information for our Akron OH production facility in our Mining Library on our website towards the end of the week.  Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing more from you.

Arnold Ringer
Support Manager
Multiverse Computers

not entirely sure what is going on in this thread just came across Akron being mentioned.

but if anythings public i could take a trip to akron it's only 45 minute-hour tops away and i even drive through enough to stop once
I went to Akron once, that was enough
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
March 07, 2013, 09:05:32 AM
The network hashrate has only increased by about 9 Thps since Feb 1.

That doesn't leave room for many "satisfied customers". In fact, after ASICMiner, that leaves about 74 Avalons added to the network.

Network hashrate data just doesn't support any new and unaccounted for sources of hashes.
Activity: 126
March 07, 2013, 07:49:52 AM
There's something to be said for hedging, as in ordering form everyone offering an ASIC just in case it's not a scam, but it'll get pretty expensive the more supposed vendors pop up.
Activity: 840
March 07, 2013, 07:27:15 AM
Holy christ,

I'm sorry, but anyone who buys one of these 100% deserves to lose their money.

It's such an obvious scam its ridiculous.

Or are they?

By far.
March 07, 2013, 07:11:07 AM
Holy christ,

Or are they?
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Circle gets the Square
March 07, 2013, 04:51:17 AM
Holy christ,

March 06, 2013, 03:15:55 PM

As stated I am originally from there. SHHHH!!  And my dad would go check it out.  If they do release the info.
Activity: 896
March 06, 2013, 02:26:26 PM

Hello,

Arnold Ringer
Support Manager
Multiverse Computers

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001
March 06, 2013, 11:41:32 AM
All US orders are backed up!

--------------ATTENTION----------------
We are too backed up on US shipping, to accept any more US purchases.  We should be accepting US purchases in 24 to 48hrs.  International Orders are not affected at this time.  Terminals for US Orders are closed during this time

I did wonder why they did accept CC? You have at least 30days to dispute purchases. Does a merchant still get paid if it is disputed?

They did also say that they could only handle producing 90 or so a week. So maybe unlike other firms they are only taking orders for what they can produce. Which would be a first.

Phil

So Phil, you should have your tracking number within 24 to 48 hours once they clear of their shipping backlog.  If it doesn't come, I think we can put a nail in this coffin.

I'm holding out a glimmer of hope for you, but I'm sorry to say I don't see it happenining.

Yes, if I don't get a tracking number withing the next couple (say friday at the latest) I will assume it is more likely a loss cause.

Phil
March 06, 2013, 11:26:41 AM
All US orders are backed up!

--------------ATTENTION----------------
We are too backed up on US shipping, to accept any more US purchases.  We should be accepting US purchases in 24 to 48hrs.  International Orders are not affected at this time.  Terminals for US Orders are closed during this time

I did wonder why they did accept CC? You have at least 30days to dispute purchases. Does a merchant still get paid if it is disputed?

They did also say that they could only handle producing 90 or so a week. So maybe unlike other firms they are only taking orders for what they can produce. Which would be a first.

Phil

So Phil, you should have your tracking number within 24 to 48 hours once they clear of their shipping backlog.  If it doesn't come, I think we can put a nail in this coffin.

I'm holding out a glimmer of hope for you, but I'm sorry to say I don't see it happenining.
Pages:
Jump to: