Pages:
Author

Topic: Lightning miner ! 4ghs 80 usd Wow - page 8. (Read 20900 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
March 04, 2013, 04:50:00 AM
Who calls bitcoin BC?

A redneck who changes customers quotes on his website and deletes his own video when it shown that his image is shadowed on the wall in his redneck home. That's who.
legendary
March 04, 2013, 04:39:05 AM
"Got my Lightning Miner 4.0"
Well the packaging was a bit rough getting thru, but i finally got my new best friend out of it.  I put the front label back on as the led's are way to bright.  My miner is working just fine and would reccomend it to any noob miners Smiley  Jacob K

"Got my Lightning Miner 4.0"
Well the packaging was a bit rough getting thru, but i finally got my new best friend out of it.  I put the front label back on as the led's are way to bright.  My miner is working just fine and would reccomend it to any noob miners Smiley  Jacob K

"Mining made easy"
I waited patiently for 2 weeks for my miner, and was like a kid in a candy store when i got it. Download cd, and plug it in, and made my first youtube vid showing what you get in the box.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD7OjvdQpl8          Mark L

"Mining made easy"
I waited patiently for 2 weeks for my miner, and was like a kid in a candy store when i got it. Download cd, and plug it in, and made my first youtube vid showing what you get in the box.              Mark L
Video link Removed by Support per customer request.

"Wish more were like you"
I was upset when I went to the old website and seen it was gone, thankfully the link on the page took me here.  You all have been good to me, given me the best deals, and one of the few to offer BC payment. I will definitely keep coming back.       Jason A

"Wish more were like you"
I was upset when I went to the old website and seen it was gone, thankfully the link on the page took me here.  You have been good to me, given me the best deals, and one of the few to offer BC payment. I will definitely keep coming back.       Jason A

"Wow"
"Multiverse, Multiverse lol..."
I came to the website for a GPU for my new build, and was floored by the low price...on top of that I could pay with BC.  I was skeptical about the price on the GPU even after getting Tracking info.  My gpu is here and I will always give you all my business from now on.                           Khalid M

"Wow"
"Multiverse, Multiverse lol..."
I came to the website for a GPU for my new build, and was floored by the low price...on top of that I could pay with BC.  I was skeptical about the price on the GPU even after getting Tracking info.  My gpu is here and I will always give you all my business from now on.                           Khalid M

"Absolutely Perfect"
You all may not have a big business name, but everything went perfect from beginning to end. Got my quad stack 4.0, shipping time was as expected, everything works perfectly...enough said.          Cory  L

"Absolutely Perfect"
You may not have a big business name, but everything went perfect from beginning to end. Got my quad stack 4.0, shipping time was as expected, everything works perfectly...enough said.          Cory  L

"Multiverse, Multiverse, lol..."
I say your website's name at least twice a day now when people ask me where I got my mining rig.  You all have made 4 custom builds for me now, and I have no doubt you will be making plenty more for me.                                                          Alex A

"Multiverse, Multiverse, lol..."
I say your website's name at least twice a day now when people ask me where I got my mining rig.  You have made 4 custom builds for me now, and I have no doubt you will be making plenty more for me.                                                          Alex A
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
March 04, 2013, 04:37:40 AM
Man ya gotta give em an A for effort.   I contacted them last night and received this not long after.

Hello,
      We totally understand being skeptic.  We are getting all the information out there to the BC community to help them better understand the hows and whys.  I do know that the lightning miner after the first few weeks was showing that it wasn't going to be very profitable.  If we were a large company, with a big cheap labor force...it would of been a decent profit.  We will still support the product for life, but the mammoth miner is going to be our big hit item.  We will be able to make a good profit on each one sold.  I don't want you to think its all about the money, we want to keep our customers happy...but the Mammoth Miner will be way way cheaper than anything else that can produce its specs.  Our products don't look all sleek and etc, they do however work exactly how we advertise them.  We have no problem refunding purchases on our products, so if for any reason our customer wants their money back before shipping of the product...we always refund right away.  If we weren't legitimate we would be taking the money and running.  We have long term goals with BC mining.  We are going to be sending out a lot of our products to reputable members of the BC community for testing, and reviewing.  We have already begun getting their shipping information and etc.  We will make every attempt to bring you all some very good mining products, we just hope once everyone see's that we are legitimate that they go back to the forums and etc and admit they were wrong.  We just want the chance to prove ourselves.  Not one single person has ever been ripped off by us.  We have been in business for over 2 years btw, what they are referring to is the creation of the new website.  A new website doesn't mean that's how  new the business is.  Some people like and work for the competitors out there.  For overseas orders - Our international orders have to be done through Mt.gox via the bitcoin tab by our products.  Upon completion of the Mt.Gox checkout you will be directed to our Shipping Form.  You will need to enter all prudent information there.  Anyone who orders our products through Mt.Gox does not get charged shipping at this...even international orders.  However, we do not offer premium shipping to other countries...we only offer tracking with those orders.  If there is anything else I can help you with, please just let me know.

Jacob "Rick" Barry
Multiverse Computers

There is a name now.  I really don't know how to take this entire thing yet.  Somethings seems very right and some things seem very wrong.

This has been mentioned before. Who calls bitcoin BC?   

legendary
March 04, 2013, 03:56:41 AM
1 week old domain/site, a no go.
Give 'm a call?
Administrative Contact:
    Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0133634105,   [email protected]
    96 Mowat Ave
    Toronto, ON M6K 3M1
    CA
    +1.4165385457

They are located in Toronto in Canada and domain name registered 8 days ago?  Fake information in very high probability.

For the second time on this thread, the Canadian address is for the privacy company, and  not for them.

But that's not what I came here for. I just received a PM from a Newbie of whose name I will withhold. I believe he will not object to me posting the full content of said PM.

Hi,

Can not post in this Custom Hardware section so could you please make copy my point there regarding Lightning Miner ?
Somewhere on WWW I good point that almost ALL comments on their site included words "you all".
I did checked it and it was true. Today I check the site and see most of the posts were EDITED!!!

See history page from google cache:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:D0iUmHj-dEIJ:www.multiversecomputers.com/Comments.html
Now compare with current page:
http://www.multiversecomputers.com/Comments.html

ps. I saw you're active last on this post so I pass it to you, hope it is OK

Now if this evidence doesn't show that this outfit is a scam, and that the user account on this forum doesn't warrant a scammer tag, then I don't know what to say.

Clearly, the comments supposedly quoted on their website has been altered, hence not true comments. NO FUCKIN IFS ANDS OR BUTTS ABOUT IT!!!

The outfit is clearly a scam and every effort should be made, INCLUDING GIVING THE USER WHO ONLY HAS A SINGLE POST ON THIS FORUM THE SCAMMER TAG to help warn those new to Bitcoin. If not, then we are doing a disservice.

Also, all current ASIC Bitcoin developers should weigh in to protect their positions. I may sometimes be critical of Avalon or BFL, but that doesn't mean I wish them to fail as a vital Bitcoin entity. This outfit could easily give them a black eye, as well as give Bitcoin a bad rap if the unsuspected order from them.

theymos?

~Bruno K~
Activity: 297
Merit: 250
March 04, 2013, 03:33:08 AM
1 week old domain/site, a no go.
Give 'm a call?
Administrative Contact:
    Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0133634105,   [email protected]
    96 Mowat Ave
    Toronto, ON M6K 3M1
    CA
    +1.4165385457

They are located in Toronto in Canada and domain name registered 8 days ago?  Fake information in very high probability.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
March 04, 2013, 02:00:10 AM
Wow, I don't check this subforum for a few days, and there are 2 new possible ASIC options now (if they're not scams).

I hope both turn out to be legit.  Grin
legendary
March 04, 2013, 01:55:35 AM
LOL! And now the YT video has been removed by the user. I wonder why. Was it because of my shadow comment?
legendary
March 04, 2013, 01:45:53 AM
Apologies for the double/triple posting, but...

They are using Mt. Gox as their payment processor. They may not have to submit any docs to get the funds in, but they sure the hell will have to to get the funds out. I don't believe that MG can shed any light on the subject.

Here's another observation. Somebody tell me how it's possible to order a Lightning Miner 4.0 off the internet a few days ago, when if you Google "Lightning Miner 4.0" (with quotes) all the umpteen results are about 24 hours old. These damn things didn't even exist 48 hours ago, let alone a few days, on any website regardless of its domain name.

Yet, according to their comments page, six different people managed to not only order, but received units and are happily miner their asses off.
legendary
March 04, 2013, 01:18:22 AM
http://www.wezlanator.com/used-laptop/laptop-fan-used-for-lightning-miner-4-0

I bought me a Lightning Miner 4.0 from Multiverse Computers to test it to see if it even came close to their advertised specs. I must say I have been pleasantly surprised by it. Its a small ASIC miner, that has been pumping out about 3GH/s. I have been waiting on some mining rigs from Butterfly Labs, but figured this way I could get an idea of what I will be getting when my 15 Jalapeno’s finally show up. The lightning miner gets a little toasty so I found using a laptop fan works perfectly on it. Like many others have found out leave the front sticker on it those led’s will blind you if you take it off. Anyways figured I would slap up a quick vid of how perfectly a laptop fan works on it. I am already ordering some more of these little guys, but will be adding their fans this time lol.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
March 04, 2013, 12:49:52 AM
Atlas is considerably more literate than whoever put together that website.

I can find no traces of any previous website that sold "Lightning Miner", despite the comments section.  In fact all references to the Lightning Miner which I can find on Google have appeared in the last few days.

legendary
March 04, 2013, 12:35:38 AM
Have you got anything that connects the two Multiverse companies, Phinn (even Australia has a few companies called Multiverse)?  I don't feel like paying for an ASIC search to find out who's behind Multiverse Pty Ltd, but maybe there's some information that links them.

I also find it odd that anyone familiar with Bitcoin would abbreviate it to BC.

No. The ASIC threw me a curve. My first guess was that they're in the UK. Going to research that angle in a bit, but first let's revisit that YT video and see if you see what I see. Note the shadow thrown against the wall. You can see he's a clean shaven young lad with fuzzy hair. Although you can see the shadow throughout the video, the best shots are at the onset: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD7OjvdQpl8

Does he look like this guy?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I8BPDjUgKI
March 04, 2013, 12:28:25 AM
Have you got anything that connects the two Multiverse companies, Phinn (even Australia has a few companies called Multiverse)?  I don't feel like paying for an ASIC search to find out who's behind Multiverse Pty Ltd, but maybe there's some information that links them.

I think the ASIC guys are probably scammers, but given how little effort Multiverse Pty Ltd put into advertising themselves (looks like they didn't even have a website and they only advertised in free or cheap local stuff), I'm not sure that the guys from Mt Hawthorn in Western Australia are connected with the guys who are supposedly shipping mining gear from the US.

I also find it odd that anyone familiar with Bitcoin would abbreviate it to BC.
legendary
March 04, 2013, 12:23:51 AM
At the bottom of this page you can see the word Bitcoin, but it's in black: http://www.multiversecomputers.com/Mining-Products.html

Double click here to add text.BitCoin Mining, Lightning Miner 4.0, Lightning Miner, BitCoin, Bitcoin Miner, Mining Rig, ASIC, ASIC Mining
legendary
March 04, 2013, 12:09:25 AM
http://www.screenshots.com/multiversecomputers.com/2008-01-23

Multiverse Pty Ltd.

https://insolvencynotices.asic.gov.au/browsesearch-notices/notice-details/MULTIVERSE-PTY-LTD-116999243/68876171-e2cb-4267-b7f9-a6326a43f65f

Company:   MULTIVERSE PTY LTD
ACN:   116 999 243

ASIC proposes to deregister the Company under section 601AB.

ASIC may deregister the Company when two months have passed since publication of this notice.
March 04, 2013, 12:07:55 AM
Tos is same as...

You agree to use Newegg.ca website (the "Website") only for purposes that are permitted by this Policy & Agreement and any applicable law

I just finished reading page one, and may have more to comment on. I think I know who this is, but will wait to see if I read if he's already been discovered.

Probably wise to say something now if you think he's a scammer.  People seem willing to order these things sight unseen.
legendary
March 03, 2013, 11:40:52 PM
Tos is same as...

You agree to use Newegg.ca website (the "Website") only for purposes that are permitted by this Policy & Agreement and any applicable law

I just finished reading page one, and may have more to comment on. I think I know who this is, but will wait to see if I read if he's already been discovered.
Activity: 866
Merit: 1001
March 03, 2013, 10:10:13 PM
Well a little update on this.,.

I have spoken to their support. Now I will take back some of my statements posted early on. I will give this company the time to send me their unit.

I will be going into testing and I will if allowed to post pictures, videos of the unit then I will do this.. I will be going into testing with this product to actually see if it is real or not. Shipping details have been sent to them and now awaiting details of everything to be sent back to me..

From what I understand I should also be beta testing their mammoth device. So I will also be able to let people know limited info during the beta.

Phil

Will see how things progress who knows we might have something to talk on and work between each other however betas beta NDA n all

Agreed there is sometime until they come, but if true could be interesting

Phil
legendary
Activity: 1260
March 03, 2013, 09:43:47 PM
Yeah, tomorrow is the 4th.  Heh... I was looking at today when I wrote the 3rd.

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
March 03, 2013, 09:29:17 PM
Well a little update on this.,.

I have spoken to their support. Now I will take back some of my statements posted early on. I will give this company the time to send me their unit.

I will be going into testing and I will if allowed to post pictures, videos of the unit then I will do this.. I will be going into testing with this product to actually see if it is real or not. Shipping details have been sent to them and now awaiting details of everything to be sent back to me..

From what I understand I should also be beta testing their mammoth device. So I will also be able to let people know limited info during the beta.

Phil

Will see how things progress who knows we might have something to talk on and work between each other however betas beta NDA n all
legendary
Activity: 980
March 03, 2013, 09:24:14 PM
Sure, send me $75 and I'll send you something that mines bits at 4 GH/s today (well, tomorrow, Monday the 3rd).
Are we using the same calendar?  Now that is a ship date you can not possibly make... 
Even when joking you set an impossible ship date LOL sorry couldn't resist!!!
Why is that a ship date I can't possibly make?  I assure you with 100% confidence that I can make that ship date.  (...)
accurate dates just aren't your thing are they?
Will you please start making sense?  What the hell are you talking about?

Inaba, tomorrow Monday is the 5th, not the 3th.

(BTW, as bumping is done, a small update of https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/692-bfl-asic-status-2.html would be welcome, please.)
Actually tomorrow is Monday march 4th Wink
Pages:
Jump to: