Pages:
Author

Topic: Lightning miner ! 4ghs 80 usd Wow - page 6. (Read 20900 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
March 05, 2013, 02:33:31 PM

We will be releasing Location information for our Akron OH production facility in our Mining Library on our website towards the end of the week.  Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing more from you.

Excuse me?? I was born in beautiful Akron, Ohio (got out young!) but my dad still lives there and it is not a very big city.  My father will be there!  I almost hit the floor when I read this.

Akron Ohio  nothing happens in Akron.....wait the Soap Box Derby.  Met Evel Kneivel there once as a kid.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
March 05, 2013, 01:52:44 PM
They are just buying time, allowing more people to fall for it and get scammed. I will eat my socks if this is legit.

Agreed.  Everything is set up to collapse next week.  Their (or his?) hope is to keep the veil in place until then and snare some marks in the interim.  Unfortunately the veil has a lot of holes.

Unfortunately for them the fervor that surrounded the earlier ASIC preorders didn't happen, probably partly due to those entities failure to deliver as advertised.  They had probably hoped that the delays would benefit them, but it seems to have had the opposite effect.  Also the sudden outpouring of other similar scams is dilluting the scam targets and perhaps even make them more wary.

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
March 05, 2013, 01:43:43 PM
They are just buying time, allowing more people to fall for it and get scammed. I will eat my socks if this is legit.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047
March 05, 2013, 01:31:36 PM
I sent an email inquiring about being a tester, here's the response I just received...

Hello,
      Keep an eye out on our BTC Mining Library as we will be releasing news about a Open House coming up next week. It was discussed with a BTC media outlet to be the best course of action, and we humbly accepted the proposal.  We will be having 7 Bitcoin New Group Affiliates along with our owners at the open house to answer all questions, and to give a sneak peak to the BTC community of our facility.  We will be having computers on site connected to our LM 4.0 series for testing on any pool, as well as a quick demonstration of our future product the Mammoth Miner.  Certain Specs of the Mammoth Miner will be available.  We will also have the creator of the LM 4.0 and both owners of the business on site to answer any all questions.  We will be releasing Location information for our Akron OH production facility in our Mining Library on our website towards the end of the week.  Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing more from you.

Arnold Ringer
Support Manager
Multiverse Computers

same
legendary
Merit: 1000
March 05, 2013, 01:15:50 PM
I sent an email inquiring about being a tester, here's the response I just received...

Hello,
      Keep an eye out on our BTC Mining Library as we will be releasing news about a Open House coming up next week. It was discussed with a BTC media outlet to be the best course of action, and we humbly accepted the proposal.  We will be having 7 Bitcoin New Group Affiliates along with our owners at the open house to answer all questions, and to give a sneak peak to the BTC community of our facility.  We will be having computers on site connected to our LM 4.0 series for testing on any pool, as well as a quick demonstration of our future product the Mammoth Miner.  Certain Specs of the Mammoth Miner will be available.  We will also have the creator of the LM 4.0 and both owners of the business on site to answer any all questions.  We will be releasing Location information for our Akron OH production facility in our Mining Library on our website towards the end of the week.  Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing more from you.

Arnold Ringer
Support Manager
Multiverse Computers
legendary
Merit: 1008
March 05, 2013, 01:07:05 PM
Does anyone actually believe they'll be getting anything?

Anyone taking bets that they will be able to deliver an actual device doing 4 GH/s and consuming 4.5 watts?

If you do, I'll take your bet.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
March 05, 2013, 09:30:32 AM
Got another email from Lightning Miner.  No answers to any of the questions, even the easy ones like their address and elusive domain name of the previous website that is the key to the mystery of how they already had numerous satisfied customers before they first appeared on the Internet several days ago.

As was pointed out previously in this thread, why are they waiting for user videos to be posted when they claim to have taken down the two previous user videos because they weren't pre-approved?

Seems like they are attempting to stall the naysayers long enough to hook a few fish.  Hopefully no one bites.  Perhaps they believe offering the carrot of a free sample should be enough to temporarily silence the most vocal skeptics.

Since your really trying to help, i'd like to ask you a favor.  There are a few people on our support team who would be able to answer all those questions for you.  If I answer them all, and end up being wrong on one or two of them...that will likely get me in trouble.  If you could please, just copy those questions and email them to [email protected]  I'm guessing our support manager would be the one to answer them for you.  Just so you know, several other members in the forum have asked many of those questions already and got their response from our support manager.  I haven't seen any of them re-posting negative comments since then.  I can however tell you right off of the bat, we won't post a video until your own Community Members begin posting theirs.  Anything we post or put up...someone in the forum will figure some way of making it out to be bad.  Better that we let them see from their fellow forum community, so there is no accusation that the video we make is some how false and etc.  If you have any Forum Members you would reccomend for us to send our products too free of charge for review, please let me know.  If there was some place I could post this I certainly would.  We have 4 already that have a high Post rate, and then another 4 that just starting to rise in the forums.  We really really really would appreciate any other Forum Members with a large amount of post, and a good reputation in the forums to contact us.  Like I said we would not charge one single penny to send them two of our products to tinker, test, and review.

I am guessing BittenBob didn't fit their version of a forum member with large amount of posts or a good rep?  He stated he already contacted them and has not heard a reply (or if he has he hasn't mentioned it here or I missed it).  Seems like he would be a great candidate, and even offered to travel to their HQ???  Why are you asking for forum members when you have a solid one contacting you?

Do us all a favour and get one to BittenBob FAST FAST, if you did that and he verified it I can imagine a ton of credibility and sales to follow...

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001
March 05, 2013, 09:16:05 AM
come on guys this is bitcoin- nothing has or hasn't happened until at least 12 confirms!

If people are going to be testing lightenings- speak up
If people are expecting to beta test mammoths- speak up (I was asked if I'd like to, I declined for various reasons)

I want to believe as well, but will give the benefit of doubt (but no cash) until there is a failure to provide proof.

CAN-ELECTRIC has clearly turned out to be a scam. No feed back from that website. However multiverse has been taking the time to reply to emails.

I'm giving them a chance to deliver proof before giving up.

I've ordered one as mentioned and should have it around the week of the 11th (they said max of 8 days from ordered, which was Sunday the 3rd). They have also mentioned that I should be on the beta of the Mammoth as well, so from what I understand that should be shipping out near the end of the month.

If / When I get the device (and I know people don't expect me to) I will be posting pics and video of it working.  As I've said before I decided to take the leap of faith as it was only $75.

Phil
legendary
March 05, 2013, 08:00:02 AM
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
March 05, 2013, 06:22:19 AM
On one received their units yet? And the owner is still not out of newb heaven?  Well i am placing an order for 50 of these bad boys right now!
Activity: 45
Merit: 10
March 05, 2013, 12:38:26 AM
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
March 05, 2013, 01:03:44 AM
legendary
March 05, 2013, 12:12:10 AM
That is fine when the first asic arrives he will come off the suspected scammer list.

Great! This thread is now about cats holding their breath.

legendary
Activity: 966
March 04, 2013, 11:55:55 PM
That is fine when the first asic arrives he will come off the suspected scammer list.
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
March 04, 2013, 11:50:01 PM
come on guys this is bitcoin- nothing has or hasn't happened until at least 12 confirms!

If people are going to be testing lightenings- speak up
If people are expecting to beta test mammoths- speak up (I was asked if I'd like to, I declined for various reasons)

I want to believe as well, but will give the benefit of doubt (but no cash) until there is a failure to provide proof.

CAN-ELECTRIC has clearly turned out to be a scam. No feed back from that website. However multiverse has been taking the time to reply to emails.

I'm giving them a chance to deliver proof before giving up.
legendary
March 04, 2013, 11:22:43 PM
Okay it is going on the pending scammer list
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
March 04, 2013, 11:10:47 PM
Got another email from Lightning Miner.  No answers to any of the questions, even the easy ones like their address and elusive domain name of the previous website that is the key to the mystery of how they already had numerous satisfied customers before they first appeared on the Internet several days ago.

As was pointed out previously in this thread, why are they waiting for user videos to be posted when they claim to have taken down the two previous user videos because they weren't pre-approved?

Seems like they are attempting to stall the naysayers long enough to hook a few fish.  Hopefully no one bites.  Perhaps they believe offering the carrot of a free sample should be enough to temporarily silence the most vocal skeptics.

Since your really trying to help, i'd like to ask you a favor.  There are a few people on our support team who would be able to answer all those questions for you.  If I answer them all, and end up being wrong on one or two of them...that will likely get me in trouble.  If you could please, just copy those questions and email them to [email protected]  I'm guessing our support manager would be the one to answer them for you.  Just so you know, several other members in the forum have asked many of those questions already and got their response from our support manager.  I haven't seen any of them re-posting negative comments since then.  I can however tell you right off of the bat, we won't post a video until your own Community Members begin posting theirs.  Anything we post or put up...someone in the forum will figure some way of making it out to be bad.  Better that we let them see from their fellow forum community, so there is no accusation that the video we make is some how false and etc.  If you have any Forum Members you would reccomend for us to send our products too free of charge for review, please let me know.  If there was some place I could post this I certainly would.  We have 4 already that have a high Post rate, and then another 4 that just starting to rise in the forums.  We really really really would appreciate any other Forum Members with a large amount of post, and a good reputation in the forums to contact us.  Like I said we would not charge one single penny to send them two of our products to tinker, test, and review.
legendary
March 04, 2013, 09:19:40 PM
This looks like a potential scam should it be added to the pending scammer list?

Why don't we all just wait till seasoned members of this forum get their test BC units first before we go any further. You all agree?

Also, maybe somebody should tell them that they can start their own thread in Newbie, open for discussion.
legendary
March 04, 2013, 08:59:00 PM
This looks like a potential scam should it be added to the pending scammer list?
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052
May the force bit with you.
March 04, 2013, 08:03:04 PM
Here is some additional information.  I asked to see the site of production. I was told it was in Akron OH, but have yet to receive an address.
I did a few pipl searches, did find an interesting Jacob W Berry in Akron Ohio.

The same person, don't think so, but who knows.
Pages:
Jump to: