Pages:
Author

Topic: LIKE IT OR NOT, BITCOIN IS AN INVESTMENT - page 20. (Read 3715 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
September 06, 2018, 05:10:28 AM
                              In an economic sense,
 An INVESTMENT is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth.
                                        In finance
An INVESTMENT is a monetary asset purchased with the idea that the asset will provide income in the future or will later be sold at a higher price for a profit.

I really don't want to turn these into an economics class but the both definition of what investments are clearly should settle the argument of whether BTC is truly an investment or not.

Bitcoin is a hybrid investment. It is a combination of a cryptocurrency at the same time as an investment. Think of it as a gold. A gold today is an investment but in the recent century it is considered as a currency like silver.
Activity: 1040
Merit: 538
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
September 05, 2018, 03:46:44 PM
By those descriptions, everything is an investment. You can buy anything and wait for it to be more valuable and sell it in the future. If some people invest in something it doesn't mean it is an investment if it wasn't intended to be one. Bitcoin was not intended to be an investment, it is projected as a currency and it is one. I do agree it can be considered as an investment because most of people use it as one, but it doesn't mean it isn't a currency.
Activity: 560
Merit: 251
September 05, 2018, 02:42:22 PM
Bitcoin is an investment you have to take a risk and target some amount of profit If you can hold for a long time, I blive this Bitcoin gives you a smart profit.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
September 05, 2018, 02:30:20 PM
I guess someone argue this in one thread that I saw. The person said bitcoin is not an investment. But thank for this simple analysis. How I wish the person should be able to see this thread, at least he or she can be convince a little.
Activity: 616
Merit: 10
September 05, 2018, 02:13:23 PM
This is the investment. Bitcoin is digital gold, not a means of payment, i  mean it's  accumulation asset.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 546
September 05, 2018, 07:42:20 AM
Bitcoin is an investment for the world and the crypto community but If this situation continues and most people keep using Bitcoin as just an investment end of Bitcoin will come soon because when it comes to reality there is nothing considerable can be done using Bitcoin so how can a currency can exist when there is nothing can be done using it. But we see few businesses that providing payment options in Bitcoin so only the time will decides what will be the path that Bitcoin will select and no matter what that is there will be a significant effect in the crypto currency market and the community

I believed that there's no consensus as far as real usage of bitcoin is concern. Some of us spend it, others chose to hold and be it a store of value or investment, so I don't see bitcoin to end anytime soon. And with LN coming up, I'm sure that we can find bitcoin as currency or mode of payment online so it will have a huge effect on us and maybe we can seee more businesses accepting bitcoin as payment because of this "fixed".
Activity: 83
September 05, 2018, 07:03:53 AM
Bitcoin is an investment for the world and the crypto community but If this situation continues and most people keep using Bitcoin as just an investment end of Bitcoin will come soon because when it comes to reality there is nothing considerable can be done using Bitcoin so how can a currency can exist when there is nothing can be done using it. But we see few businesses that providing payment options in Bitcoin so only the time will decides what will be the path that Bitcoin will select and no matter what that is there will be a significant effect in the crypto currency market and the community
Activity: 616
September 04, 2018, 09:55:17 AM
                             In an economic sense,
 An INVESTMENT is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth.
                                         In finance
An INVESTMENT is a monetary asset purchased with the idea that the asset will provide income in the future or will later be sold at a higher price for a profit.

I really don't want to turn these into an economics class but the both definition of what investments are clearly should settle the argument of whether BTC is truly an investment or not.

I think this depends on your perception of bitcoin, investment or trading. because after all there will be many debates that will never run out. the basic concept is virtual currency. but bitcoin can be a promising investment in the future.
so I think choose the one that suits you.

As of now it is more on investment because it is more profitable. Others people compared bitcoin in gold and silver because of the higher value in our market. But some other countries start to avcepted as a payment system, a fit for the defination.

That is investment but i can name bitcoin "high - risk investment" becouse the price changes very much throughout the year.
brand new
Activity: 0
September 04, 2018, 01:58:09 AM
I trust that as of now you should just put resources into bitcoin so as to limit the hazard and make the benefit the most secure, you can see that the market is continually fluctuating and hard to figure so you should exchange only bitcoin, we can see that altcoin costs have been fluctuating pointedly finished the most recent couple of months and I figure altcoin will bite the dust in 2018.
Activity: 177
September 04, 2018, 02:14:34 AM
                              In an economic sense,
                                        In finance

I think this depends on your perception of bitcoin, investment or trading. because after all there will be many debates that will never run out. the basic concept is virtual currency. but bitcoin can be a promising investment in the future.

As of now it is more on investment because it is more profitable. Others people compared bitcoin in gold and silver because of the higher value in our market. But some other countries start to avcepted as a payment system, a fit for the defination.
Activity: 588
Merit: 257
September 04, 2018, 02:04:58 AM
I guess anything ( assets, coins, billions, bars, real estates, cloths, eggs, breads ) that are needed to create from something and are bought, sold, re-bought and re-sold and which finally gives the profit or loss statement at some point are all called as an investment. So I am sure with that definition bitcoin is already perfect investment because it is bought and sold at different prices and it is traded to grow the current investment and have more wealth. So yeah your definition is true and as read everyone here is having the same point of view and tells us that anything into which we invest money is basically investment. This is good discussion and something new too. :-)
Activity: 966
Merit: 250
September 04, 2018, 02:00:21 AM
                              In an economic sense,
                                        In finance

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
September 04, 2018, 01:54:56 AM
As more and more economies become financially unstable and many currencies are getting devalued around the world, more and more folks are going to turn to Bitcoin. Look at Turkey for Example. It's local currency the Turkish Lira has devalued like 505 over the last year and I see more and more Turks flocking to Bitcoin and are buying BTC and other Cryptos by the dozen right now. If you see even now in this forum, we have so many more Turkish people here, which is great news for Crypto as they are a resilient and hardworking Race. Also I see many Turkish videos now on Youtube about Crypto and Bloggers too! I am Greek and also I am seeing more of our crowd join as well.
Activity: 1110
Merit: 104
The OGz Club
September 04, 2018, 01:48:22 AM
if for now I think bitcoin is good for investment, but for bitcoin the future will no longer be an investment place, but people will use it all over the world to make payments or transaction tools.
Activity: 203
September 04, 2018, 01:40:54 AM
yes i totally agree with you. anything we can put our money into and has the potential of giving us profit after sometime or faced with the risk of loss is an investment and bitcoin exzibits these characters which makes it an investment.
Activity: 238
Merit: 144
September 04, 2018, 01:28:24 AM
Most likely investing in bitcoin people invest financial sense, but it is also safe to say that bitcoin in the future will be a useful technology, so investing in bitcoin has the same economic value.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 316
September 04, 2018, 01:27:20 AM
bitcoin is unequivocally and accurately an investment with a very high yield Smiley

It is one of the best investment type available in the market with the prospect of getting the highest return in yield compared to anything else provided the market is good during the year. As till last year we have seen how easily multiple times gain people have made from the crypto currency.
Activity: 448
September 04, 2018, 01:25:47 AM
                              In an economic sense,
                                        In finance

Well in reality, this is what Bitcoin has turned out to be. Bitcoin has transformed from a form of payment into a form of investment as this is what the majority sees Bitcoin at present. For others this is unfortunate, but for most this is an opportunity to earn some profit. Whatever impression people may have with Bitcoin, it will boil down to the user decision whether he will treat it as a form of payment or an investment.

I would definitely agree with you, I consider bitcoin as an investment though sometimes it may be tough for me but not everyday is christmas day and prior joining to crypto I clearly understand how it works.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
September 04, 2018, 01:14:17 AM
                              In an economic sense,
                                        In finance

Well in reality, this is what Bitcoin has turned out to be. Bitcoin has transformed from a form of payment into a form of investment as this is what the majority sees Bitcoin at present. For others this is unfortunate, but for most this is an opportunity to earn some profit. Whatever impression people may have with Bitcoin, it will boil down to the user decision whether he will treat it as a form of payment or an investment.
Activity: 60
September 04, 2018, 01:04:57 AM
                              In an economic sense,
                                        In finance

Yes Bitcoin has become an investment whether we like or not but most people like Bitcoin as an investment because the profit they have gained from price increases and decreases but if it become a currency it should have a stable price range so investors will not gain much profit due to the lower variation but the down side of beinb a investin asset is Bitcoin will never become a global currency so there are both pros and cons   
Pages:
Jump to: