Pages:
Author

Topic: LIKE IT OR NOT, BITCOIN IS AN INVESTMENT - page 5. (Read 3712 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 101
October 01, 2018, 02:31:32 AM
                              In an economic sense,
 An INVESTMENT is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth.
                                        In finance
An INVESTMENT is a monetary asset purchased with the idea that the asset will provide income in the future or will later be sold at a higher price for a profit.

I really don't want to turn these into an economics class but the both definition of what investments are clearly should settle the argument of whether BTC is truly an investment or not.

Actually it is really a investment, since the value of bitcoin is really high and volatile. Just so happened that it can be trade to any goods or products online so some came up to the term currency, aside bitcoin can be converted into fiat so others think that bitcoin is also a kind of currency. Bitcoin slightly falls on currency category because of value but the truth is the bitcoin as a whole is a investment, a speculative investment,
Activity: 348
Merit: 10
October 01, 2018, 02:24:06 AM
Not many would disagree that bitcoin is an investment but it still carries its designed function as a means of payment.
As above anything can be turned into an investment.
It really does come down to supply and demand,
something which plays right into bitcoin status of limited supply and increasing demand.

Yes it is more on investment than a currency in this time. Althrough some big companies accept it as a payment but not already implemented all over the world. But i think it will happen that we used it in our daily transaction soon, by the right time.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 504
October 01, 2018, 02:21:56 AM
Right now, it is. And it will be until it reaches more than 70% of the fiat market and replaces as the global currency. Once that is done, we will see some normalization in the crypto and will have a definite value to it.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
October 01, 2018, 02:18:12 AM
it's true that investment is buying goods now and allowing for some time while waiting for the price of the item to rise until we get big results, and I think bitcoin is also a real investment place
It is a great investment place! when the market and the price grows you can make a lot of money, that is if you buy during a low point.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
October 01, 2018, 02:13:26 AM
Bitcoin is an investment,I do fundamentally believe that blockchain technology will ultimately change the way money moves from one place to another.
Activity: 144
October 01, 2018, 01:58:00 AM
                              In an economic sense,
 An INVESTMENT is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth.
                                        In finance
An INVESTMENT is a monetary asset purchased with the idea that the asset will provide income in the future or will later be sold at a higher price for a profit.

I really don't want to turn these into an economics class but the both definition of what investments are clearly should settle the argument of whether BTC is truly an investment or not.

Yes, as of this time when bitcoin is not yet used for all the transactions as what the fiat does, bitcoin is still better for investment. But as the time when it will be used for all transactions, then it will be as usable as the fiat.
Activity: 532
October 01, 2018, 01:40:27 AM
I like when bitcoin become investment, l have invest my money at bitcoin for holding several years and waiting how increase of my money and bitcoin price is growing up or not. l hope my money could increase to higher price and have much profit later.
Activity: 213
October 01, 2018, 01:09:00 AM
Probably for the actual situation I agree with the OP, at the moment Bitcoin is an investment, my hope for the future is that it'll become a real currency, and many people will use it daily, not only speculators.
Activity: 406
October 01, 2018, 01:04:41 AM
                              In an economic sense,
                                        In finance

Some peoples doesn't agree to think bitcoin as an investment, but bitcoin is both currency and investment for me.
Because if we buy bitcoin and keep holding instead using it as a currency, it will became investment, simple as that.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 709
September 30, 2018, 04:36:42 PM
If bitcoin isn't an investment in this historical period then I don't know what really can be. Everything is going down here, only the crypto world can save us.
Activity: 616
September 30, 2018, 04:32:12 PM
bitcoin is a real investment, and the best of its kind. It has good potential, which will bring investors good profits in the future.

For me, that's a really safety investment. The unique investment which can make phenomenal profit, like at last year.
Activity: 364
Merit: 3
GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
September 30, 2018, 04:23:26 PM
Whether we like it or not , the bitcoin is really an investment technogy , because we put money ,or buy bitcoin then what is the next ,when you hold your bitcoin for sometime and after that you sell it then you might probably gain profits delends on your transactions , so bitcoin storing your money onto it, and after a time you harvest your investments of your bitcoin.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
September 30, 2018, 04:08:34 PM
bitcoin is a real investment, and the best of its kind. It has good potential, which will bring investors good profits in the future.
Activity: 952
Merit: 515
September 30, 2018, 02:38:15 PM
In my opinion, currently, bitcoin is an investment of economic and financial value. And in the future bitcoin will no longer be an investment but will become a global currency that will be used by all people around the world.
Actually, aside using bitcoin as currency you can also use it as investment which much capable to make income. Many people prefer to use it as an investment because of its price. However, I agree that there is a big chance that bitcoin will become one of our currency.

Using bitcoin as an investment is already a good thing for me and if I am able to use it as a currency, that will be an extra benefit. The legality of bitcoin as currency still don't get permision from government till today.
Whether bitcoin is an investment or not, it depends how we treat it and for me it does not matter for as long as we have it for hodling, and we have it for the sake of our future then it will be worth it in the end whether as an investment or for trading or an asset.
Activity: 936
Merit: 100
September 30, 2018, 01:32:58 PM
In my opinion, currently, bitcoin is an investment of economic and financial value. And in the future bitcoin will no longer be an investment but will become a global currency that will be used by all people around the world.
Actually, aside using bitcoin as currency you can also use it as investment which much capable to make income. Many people prefer to use it as an investment because of its price. However, I agree that there is a big chance that bitcoin will become one of our currency.

Using bitcoin as an investment is already a good thing for me and if I am able to use it as a currency, that will be an extra benefit. The legality of bitcoin as currency still don't get permision from government till today.
even though it is hindered by legality, but many people in some countries still use bitcoin for investment, they are like not to argue about it because now bitcoin provides a large profit. so I think it's the best thing to like bitcoin as an investment.
Activity: 729
Merit: 250
September 30, 2018, 01:32:23 PM
Perhaps what is more appropriate is if we say that bitcoin remains a cryptocurrency, but now many people have made bitcoin an asset and as an investment because it is considered to have high value and in the long run it will give them huge profits. That is the reality that is happening today on bitcoin, of course everyone will try to make a profit through bitcoin which those who take advantage in the short term and who still hold back to seek big profits in the long term.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000
September 30, 2018, 01:31:13 PM

Activity: 280
Merit: 39
Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure
September 30, 2018, 01:19:55 PM
it's will be an investment. in the past their are a lot billionaire appear. it's just my opinion

I think bitcoin is not an investment it's more on gamble game haha why?
investment we always return and get our profit but in bitcoin I think it is a gamble game because we can earn or not with this we can play the money we have it's a simply game of chances
Activity: 347
Merit: 100
September 30, 2018, 10:02:58 AM
Activity: 518
Merit: 13
SCARCITYDEFI.ORG
September 30, 2018, 05:58:09 AM
I see no contradiction between the definition of what an investment is and what it means by an investment when they talk about bitcoin. In my opinion this is the same thing.
Pages:
Jump to: