Pages:
Author

Topic: Linux mining distro for the Raspberry PI - MinePeon - page 70. (Read 685021 times)

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
I have not tried a Blade out on MinePeon, it is something that I should do.

Can anyone give me a good price for one and I will put it onto my workbench.

Neil
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
Hi all

I tried to search on the forum and Google, but i had no luck.

I have a Rpi 1x Block erupter USB 1x Block eruptor Blade.
The usb one is running good on the Minepeon, but i cant figure out, how to get the blade running with mipeon.
Atm the Blade is running over a different PC, where the stratum proxy is running.

I tried to install the proxy on the Rpi, but get several errors. The last one:
minepeon@minepeon ~/stratum-mining-proxy $ ./mining_proxy.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./mining_proxy.py", line 49, in
    from stratum import settings
ImportError: No module named 'stratum'

Someone can help me how to fix this, or connect the Blade directly to cgminer?

thx
mastah
Activity: 576
Merit: 500
so where's the download link for the most recent edition?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/minepeon/

Then to update cgminer, ssh into it and do the following:

Code:
cd /opt/minepeon
git pull
sudo systemctl stop cgminer
sudo systemctl start cgminer

I don't know why I have a habit of stopping then starting like that, but I think sudo systemctl restart cgminer works too.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
so where's the download link for the most recent edition?
Seems like upgrading to cgminer 3.4.2 fixed my crashing issues with my BFLs. Before cgminer would crash about 2-4 times per day, and after upgrading, it hasn't crashes yet in the past 20 hours. (knock on wood)
Activity: 299
Merit: 250
Can someone tell me how to restart the LCDStats script without rebooting the Pi?

Also, I'm having lots of problems I believe are related to the system clock. No average values and extremely large uptimes. I've set the timezone and date correctly, but I think the time daemon (ntp?) has issues working over wifi.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
using latest 0.2.3 minepeon with 3.4.4 cgminer. fresh install.
Someone been releasing fake cgminers? Cheesy
Current is 3.4.2

minepeon@minepeon /opt/minepeon $ ./bin/cgminer -V
cgminer 3.4.2

It seems to be fake MinePeon's Tongue

Neil
Activity: 714
Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?
Current is 3.4.2
eheheh... But I still can't git pull cgminer 3.4.2 to my RPI's  Cry
Activity: 672
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Current is 3.4.2
Activity: 462
trying to get my minepeon up and running but it does not see the bfl sc hooked up. No devices found. Followed directions to the letter and cant see any problems. using latest 0.2.3 minepeon with 3.4.4 cgminer. fresh install. Everything comes up and can login to the ip address but no device is found. Can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks

EDIT:
nevermind I am a dumbass. the usb plug came loose from the sc. kinda touchy little plug
Activity: 574
Medical Translations for Bitcoins
A question about HUB's and USB Block Erupters: What is the best way to connect more than 2 HUB's to the RPI?

• 1 - To connect a HUB (powered or not) to the RPI and then connect all other (powered) HUB's to that first one
  • 2 - To connect first HUB to the RPI, second HUB to first one, third HUB to second one and so on (all HUB's powered)?

1 - star shaped!
A question about HUB's and USB Block Erupters: What is the best way to connect more than 2 HUB's to the RPI?

• 1 - To connect a HUB (powered or not) to the RPI and then connect all other (powered) HUB's to that first one
  • 2 - To connect first HUB to the RPI, second HUB to first one, third HUB to second one and so on (all HUB's powered)?
Oh no! Not again! cgminer: LATEST-IS-3.4.2

Probably is important for BFL users too. I have noticed my cgminer restarting a lot more then normal, and it may be due to the bug in 3.4.1

BFLSC users, I just tracked down a bug which would lead to a crash. I've just committed a fix for it to git, and will release a hotfix release soon.
Oh no! Not again! cgminer: LATEST-IS-3.4.2
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
im playing with overclocking my block erupters and it seems that cgminer is holding back the overclock.
the faster the BE is pushed the more cgminer seems to be holding it back from the speed it should be.

is there some sort of timing option that can be adjusted to help with the extra speed of the BE?

from what I have read the older client used to have some options but its not in the newer clients. any idea's?

PS this is only an issue for overclocked units, my normal ones are fine.

edit.

seems the "--Icarus-timing short" is possibly what I want.

im testing on a windows machine atm. how would I add this in minepeon?
I guess theres a file to edit.

Are you using the info in this thread for the over clock?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/block-erupter-usb-overclocking-hacking-241652

It looks interesting, was thinking of giving it a try...

yep. put simply. change the crystal and the voltage resistor , add a fan blowing over them to try and keep the heat under control and then do the change to cgminer config and away you go.

currently got 4 of my 6 overclocked. and have more on the way. I will probably do all but one soon, I want to keep one as a reference for now.

I only have 13.5 and 16Mhz crystals atm . the 13.5 seems like a no brainer. not much extra heat and seems to run fine. the 16Mhz one you get a lot more heat and also need to worry about the current being supplied though the hub.

Thanks, thats VERY helpful. I'd been looking at the chart, and was sorta thinking about using the 16Mhz crystal. Now that I have your input, I'm thinking either the 14.32 or 14.75.

Do you think it's worth the effort/risk doing the 13.5?

if you are comfortable with the smt soldering then there is very little risk in the 13.5. I found not much heat increase and about 40Mh/s increase.

I would probably go a 14Mhz if I wanted a safe option if I did it again. I think 14.75 would be a good option but 16 is good if you can keep it cool. I didn't have the full set of resistors so to get the 16Mhz going I had to go over the voltage they are showing in the charts so its running extra warm,

having said that, I think this is getting this thread off topic. im happy to continue either via PM, move to the overclock thread or move to the minepeon site.
Activity: 294
im playing with overclocking my block erupters and it seems that cgminer is holding back the overclock.
the faster the BE is pushed the more cgminer seems to be holding it back from the speed it should be.

is there some sort of timing option that can be adjusted to help with the extra speed of the BE?

from what I have read the older client used to have some options but its not in the newer clients. any idea's?

edit.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/block-erupter-usb-overclocking-hacking-241652

yep. put simply. change the crystal and the voltage resistor , add a fan blowing over them to try and keep the heat under control and then do the change to cgminer config and away you go.

currently got 4 of my 6 overclocked. and have more on the way. I will probably do all but one soon, I want to keep one as a reference for now.

I only have 13.5 and 16Mhz crystals atm . the 13.5 seems like a no brainer. not much extra heat and seems to run fine. the 16Mhz one you get a lot more heat and also need to worry about the current being supplied though the hub.

Thanks, thats VERY helpful. I'd been looking at the chart, and was sorta thinking about using the 16Mhz crystal. Now that I have your input, I'm thinking either the 14.32 or 14.75.

Do you think it's worth the effort/risk doing the 13.5?
Oh no! Not again! cgminer: LATEST-IS-3.4.1
Thanks for the new cgminer @ GitHub.  Grin Already using it @ my RPI's.
Activity: 73
Merit: 10

edit.

Activity: 294

edit.

Pages:
Jump to: