Pages:
Author

Topic: Linux mining distro for the Raspberry PI - MinePeon - page 72. (Read 685021 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?
Already registred @ MinePeon forum. Thanks, Neil.

With last git pull (and earlier...)

Miner 11h 30m 3s   -   Pi 0d 58h 56m 20s   -   Temp 34.166 °C

I like the 0 days and 58 hours... Perhaps a Mercury day...  Grin

Mercury
Named after: Mercury, the fast-footed Roman messenger of the gods.
Mean Distance from the Sun: 57,909,175 km (35,983,093.1 miles) or 0.387 astronomical units
Diameter: 4,879.4 km (3,031.92 miles)
Revolution period: 0.24 Earth Years (87.97 Earth Days)
Rotation period: 58.65 Earth Days
Moons: None
Atmosphere: Mercury has very little atmosphere. Mercury's thin atmosphere consists of atoms blasted off its surface by the solar wind, a constant stream of particles coming from the outer layer of the Sun.
Temperature: Mercury's surface temperatures range from 467 degrees Celsius (872 degrees Fahrenheit) to -183 degrees Celsius (-300 degrees Fahrenheit). The average surface temperature on Mercury is 166.86 C (332.33° F).
Composition: Rocky planet with many craters.
My weight on Mercury: 31.374 pounds
Interesting Facts: Scientists have found water ice inside deep craters at the north and south poles.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Yep working now. Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Sadly my mailserver is rejecting the activation mail. Looks like the sender is still not what you want it to be:
NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from ec2-54-213-122-133.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com[54.213.122.133]: 450 4.1.8 <[email protected]>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=

Can you try again?  I am now forwarding it through gmail.

Use the form here to just get it resent;-

http://minepeon.com/forums/ucp.php?mode=resend_act

Neil
Activity: 28
Sadly my mailserver is rejecting the activation mail. Looks like the sender is still not what you want it to be:
NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from ec2-54-213-122-133.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com[54.213.122.133]: 450 4.1.8 <[email protected]>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=
legendary
Is it possible to make the Adafruit LCD work with MinePeon, or will I need to use PiMiner instead?

MinePeon 0.2.3a actually works with both, there are some questions about how it affects stability though but I encourage you to try.

Do me a favor though, report your findings back on the official forum at;-

http://minepeon.com/forums/

So I can keep track of issues.

Neil
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
OK, I'm using version 0.2.2. My current uptime is 10 days 9 hours 59 minutes 17 seconds. I just got the Adafruit LCD kit. I understand this works with newer versions of Minepeon? What is the best one to use?

Well, now that I've built the LCD kit, I've looked more closely at this thread and see that the LCD that is being talked about is something completely different. Sad

Is it possible to make the Adafruit LCD work with MinePeon, or will I need to use PiMiner instead?
legendary
Mine went to spam too... Might want to configure a "Friendly" from

Hmmm, currently it is set to my email ([email protected], and I assure you I am friendly).

What from did it give at your end?

Neil
Activity: 17
I registered, email came to my gmail inbox, not spam folder
Activity: 290
Merit: 250

Signed up but no activation email

Mine went to spam too... Might want to configure a "Friendly" from

Activity: 73
Merit: 10
registered, currently awaiting confirmation email

edit: email arrived and went to spam
legendary
Anyone feel like helping me out with something?

I am getting far to much correspondence to keep track of, this forum is great but anyone trying to go through 67+ pages of posts to find a problem that has already probably been fixed/explained is just daunting.

To this end I am testing the setup of a new "MinePeon Only" forum, you can find it on the wiki site here;-

http://minepeon.com/forums/index.php

I tried setting up a forum once before and the spam bot's took it over and I am testing several things to stop that but I need your guys help to test it in general.  If you could register and ask MinePeon related questions (like this thread is full of) it would be appreciated.  There is also a suggestion category so please use it to help us out.

Thanks for your help

Neil
Activity: 96
It would be interesting to know if cubies are as picky as raspis when it comes to usb hubs for example... but yeah, it's understandable that you don't want to make everything stop just to test.
I only have two hubs, both of which work with keyboards attached. The 7 port Dlink that a lot of people use, and I have a usb 3.0 hub that works also.

So at least that usb 3.0 hubs works with a cubieboard. If it's not too much to ask, which brand/model is it?
Activity: 17
Did anyone get this working on Cubieboard or Cubieboard2?  I read someone was testing it out, but they've been rather quiet.

that would be me. I have both boards, but keep getting side tracked. I have everything up and running, but haven't stopped my pi from mining to take a usb erupter away from that to test with.

It would be interesting to know if cubies are as picky as raspis when it comes to usb hubs for example... but yeah, it's understandable that you don't want to make everything stop just to test.

I only have two hubs, both of which work with keyboards attached. The 7 port Dlink that a lot of people use, and I have a usb 3.0 hub that works also.
Activity: 27
Is there a way to reset the graphing for the static site?  I love the graphs!!!  Smiley
The static graphs are generated by index.php on each page load.
The source from which the graphs are generated is a round robin file "populated" by a cronjob that runs each 5 minutes.
So, possible causes for static graphs to show 0:
  • /opt/minepeon/etc/cron.d/5min permissions were changed (should be 770 minepeon.http)
  • /opt/minepeon/etc/cron.d/5min/hashrate permissions were changed (should be 770 minepeon.http)
  • /opt/minepeon/etc/cron.d/5min/hashrate was removed (look it up on github)
  • cronjob was removed?
Activity: 9
I'm using version 0.2.3a and yesterday for no obvious reason, I noticed the graphs were showing my hashrate had gone to zero.  This showed up on the Hourly graph as well as the Day graph.

So I SSH'ed into the rPi and did a screen -r and CGMiner was chugging away just fine.  A check of my hashrate at the pool I mine with showed no interruptions and my expected hashrate.

Hmmmmm.

So I did a restart.  And let some time pass.  Same thing . . . the hourly graph shows zero hashrate and the day graph still shows this.

BUT when I click on ADVANCED, everything is fine.  My hashrate on each of my B.E.'s is as-expected. 

Is there a way to reset the graphing for the static site?  I love the graphs!!!  Smiley

Same as me... I guess some of the code for the LCD is messed up, and not updating correctly

Not sure I understand you - is there an issue for you with the LCD display not updating? Maybe I missed something up-thread.

No, this is the web display.  I access my Minepeon setup via the browser and shell only.

legendary
Any chance there will be coming an new version of Minepeon this upcoming week?
Just checking before I throw my current old version away and upgrade to version 0.2.3

Thanks.

Thomas and I are hard at work, he is doing the WebUI and I am tracing down some instabilities with the base image (I am rebuilding a new one).

I would stay clear of 0.2.3a because that is where a lot of the problems lie but 0.2.3 should be OK.

Neil
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
I'm using version 0.2.3a and yesterday for no obvious reason, I noticed the graphs were showing my hashrate had gone to zero.  This showed up on the Hourly graph as well as the Day graph.

So I SSH'ed into the rPi and did a screen -r and CGMiner was chugging away just fine.  A check of my hashrate at the pool I mine with showed no interruptions and my expected hashrate.

Hmmmmm.

So I did a restart.  And let some time pass.  Same thing . . . the hourly graph shows zero hashrate and the day graph still shows this.

BUT when I click on ADVANCED, everything is fine.  My hashrate on each of my B.E.'s is as-expected. 

Same as me... I guess some of the code for the LCD is messed up, and not updating correctly

Not sure I understand you - is there an issue for you with the LCD display not updating? Maybe I missed something up-thread.
Activity: 96
Did anyone get this working on Cubieboard or Cubieboard2?  I read someone was testing it out, but they've been rather quiet.

that would be me. I have both boards, but keep getting side tracked. I have everything up and running, but haven't stopped my pi from mining to take a usb erupter away from that to test with.

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Hmmmmm.

Activity: 9

Hmmmmm.

Pages:
Jump to: