Pages:
Author

Topic: Liquid Synergy Designs Inc. -ASIC mining hardware - page 29. (Read 423223 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Steamboat, please process all refunds due.
Activity: 742
I would be onboard with using the Gen2 chips, but only to recoup as much as I can from what I've already invested.  After that, Avalon can kiss my ass.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
I think you'll be hard pressed to find anyone in this group buy who would give avalon a single satoshi for anything, they're the entire reason this group buy imploded on itself in the first place.
Activity: 28
As one of the many people here who have paid for assembly (and test) but who got a refund on ASICs I can’t help but think about revising the Klondike design to use the new ASICs.

Looking at the design, it looks like the changes would be minimal - The PCB would need to be changed because the pinout has several changes, the oscillator would need to changed, a few resistors would need to be changed to generate a DVDD of 0.9V (instead of 1.2V) and the PIC code that sets the clock control register would need to be changed, and the golden nounce offset would need to be changed. This does not seem like a lot of work.

I know a lot of people after having been bit by Avalon refuse to do business with them again, but it seems the A3256 ASICs are readily available - in stock in the states, not pre-order. At 0.024BTC per chip they are less than a third the price and 4 times the performance as compared to the first generation A3255. The power requirements are comparable as well.

It looks too me like the ROI on the incremental cost could be achieved in about month.

What do people think?

A question: I’ve been away from this thread for a while, what is the current state of the Klondike design? I know I2C chaining and USB Bootloading are not yet supported, but is it working with all 16 ASICs? Where is the archive for the most recent, up-to-date version of the design?

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

I encourage EVERYONE who is owed a refund to repeatedly flood this thread with refund requests.

I know there are of a lot of us out there.

steamboat - hurry up and organise assembly and hosting refunds ASAP - we are not happy

since hosting is still in the wilderness. and no replies on my email with regards if i opt to ship "as is," i would like to +10000 the above and others. REFUND in BTC. please. thank you.
Activity: 697
Merit: 503

I encourage EVERYONE who is owed a refund to repeatedly flood this thread with refund requests.

steamboat - hurry up and organise assembly and hosting refunds ASAP - we are not happy
Activity: 574

Activity: 294
He transformed those bitcoins into cash.  He's not going to spend 4x as much to revert cash back to BTC to give you your money back.  

How do you know that, may I ask? Steamboat certainly never said that. His payment system does not require it. Clearly he converted some portion of it to USD, but we don't know how much.

And even assuming he DID convert them to USD, who's to say that he hasn't since re-invested in BTC at some point, given it's meteoric rise? Not to mention the question of the suspiciously absent hosted miners, which could very well be hashing away to his benefit as we speak.

Are you perhaps privy to more information than is generally available here? If you have proof he converted everything to USD and has not since converted any back, please do share it with us.

BTW, Steamboat ignored my signed PM asking for JUST my assembly costs back in BTC. I was willing to completely give up on ANY assembly refunds, and take JUST my shipping. I guess even that was too much for him to give back.

Bummer. I'm tired and this sucks.
Activity: 729
He transformed those bitcoins into cash.  He's not going to spend 4x as much to revert cash back to BTC to give you your money back. 
Activity: 364

The only thing we ACTUALLY have on the table right now is a group buy organizer / assembly business owner that is completely ignoring us.  Sad

And why wouldn't he? The longer he waits, the less he has to pay us in BTC apparently.
Activity: 294
At this point I just want to hear SOMETHING.  I understand that those who paid for assembly are going to get screwed.  Right now the only option that has been announced is a screwing over of 75% right?.  That sucks, even if I do get a bag of resisters and capacitors in the deal.  I'd like to hear the alternatives.  I assume at this point the only other real option is to consider another run with new boards and chips, and utilizing as many of the existing parts as possible.  I'd rather that than lose 75%.  So what do we have on the table here?

The only thing we ACTUALLY have on the table right now is a group buy organizer / assembly business owner that is completely ignoring us.  Sad

Activity: 742
At this point I just want to hear SOMETHING.  I understand that those who paid for assembly are going to get screwed.  Right now the only option that has been announced is a screwing over of 75% right?.  That sucks, even if I do get a bag of resisters and capacitors in the deal.  I'd like to hear the alternatives.  I assume at this point the only other real option is to consider another run with new boards and chips, and utilizing as many of the existing parts as possible.  I'd rather that than lose 75%.  So what do we have on the table here?

Activity: 87
Merit: 10
I'm with cardcomm and stringchains.  The shipping should be refunded entirely, in BTC.  We bent over the barrel to use/support BTC under a tight timeline, and I believe that same commitment to BTC should be honored with 100% shipping refund. 
Activity: 205
Merit: 100
Am I the only one left who didn't get their miners?? Huh

Did all of you guys get them without the firmware and did the work yourself? Huh

I'm seriously seeking legal advise at this stage as we were promised the miners will be ready for deliver the next day after chips are delivered... what the fuck if going on here? FFS I want my BTC back like yesterday! Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

The miners are functional but lack USB boot loader and i2c chaining. That is what I think they are working on. I also don't have miners nor my refund request "recieved". I cannot individually link each miner conveniently for my current situation as that would require more investment I currently do not have which is probably not a wise choice neither was investing in this whole group buy in the first place Sad

So if you can mine without needing either the USB boot loader or i2c chaining probably best to ask for shipment asap.

No Sad I can't mine without them. I'm sure if I spend a week google-ing and buying the HW needed I will get it going... But who's got a week's time these days...

This group buy has been frustrating in every way possible.. Nothing seemed to have got right (apart from sending the BTC); the moment SB got our BTC, it started raining crap.

Reminds me of this >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jdKmhcttUU

Basically if you don't have enough USB ports in your host computer, you need a USB hub? It takes a week of googling and loads of cash to find a USB hub? seriously?

If you took the time to read the two-three last pages of this thread all would have been revealed to you Wink
Activity: 205
Merit: 100
Am I the only one left who didn't get their miners?? Huh

Did all of you guys get them without the firmware and did the work yourself? Huh

I'm seriously seeking legal advise at this stage as we were promised the miners will be ready for deliver the next day after chips are delivered... what the fuck if going on here? FFS I want my BTC back like yesterday! Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

The miners have firmware, but it lacks an USB boot loader which means it won't be able to update itself via USB cable, you will have to use a pickit 3 programmer to do this (25 bucks on ebay) instead, however, the need to update the firmware is debatable.

Activity: 10
Steamboat,

I've emailed you about a refund and have recieved no response.

Could you please get back to me on this matter?
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
I was just doing some quick calculations involving the shipping cost I paid. I paid $46.45 USD shipping costs, which worked out to be 0.46377995 BTC.

At current mtgox prices, the equivalent USD value of those BTC today is $200.39. The Bitstamp value is $189.18! For shipping.

Given that SB had no reason whatsoever spend the shipping funds, I demand immediate payment of AT LEAST my shipping funds, IN BTC.

I'm tired of watching BTC prices going higher and higher knowing that someone ELSE is profiting on the rise of MY BTC.

Steve, will you AT LEAST please refund our shipping costs, in BTC? Surely you could manage at least that.

In fact, how about this:

Steve, if you will refund my entire shipping cost of 0.46377995 BTC (not converted to USD) within the next 24 hours, I will leave this thread forever with no expectation whatsoever of additional funds from you.

I'll also thank you graciously and publicly, and leave this thread forever. Smiley

Seriously, I agree.

At the time July 12 (my assembly purchase date) when bitcoin was ~$107, I spent in total on 16 units $1040 for assembly, which is approx. 9.72 BTC on assembly, which as mentioned he would only get 25% of assembly refunds back to us, I would like to have that as soon as possible, the 2.42 BTC that is rightfully mine, especially when the other 75% of my BTC should not have been spent on fiat.
Same with $46.45 shipping costs, that comes out to be 0.434 BTC returned. In total, ~2.854 BTC AT LEAST to be returned.
Activity: 368
bitify.com - Bitcoin Marketplace & Auction site
No Sad I can't mine without them.
May I ask how the lack of a USB bootloader or lack of i2c chaining prevents you from mining ?
Secondly, I'm not sure how to connect it to the computer if don't have a USB connector.
Thirdly, I live in Australia. USB connectors here are upside down...

The bootloader code is required to update the firmware via USB connection. It can connect to a computer just fine and mine over USB presently. Speaking as someone who has a number of these K16's mining in my farm presently.

If you are not concerned about needing to easilly update the firmware at a future date, and wish to start mining ASAP, I would recommend you ask for your miners to be shipped immediately. It is unlikely you will ever need to update the firmware.

The only thing I might want to update the firmware for, is if they ever fix the issue with needing to re-plug the fan on the board header in order to get the system to recognize them on boot, however, I'm going to re-wire my K16 rack this weekend to run the fans off 4-pin Molex, so the fan bug won't be much of an issue for me soon.

If you'd like to update the firmware at some future time on these, you will need to acquire a PiCkit 3 programmer like the one described here. http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1406&dDocName=en538340&redirects=pickit3

These programmers can be had for ~$40 USD on EBay if you enjoy tinkering.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Easy-To-Use-USB-PIC-chip-PICKit3-programmer-ICSP-PICKit-3-Full-Pack-From-USA-2-/271261843858
If it wasn't for your post, I'd never be getting my miners... Like EVER I think!

Thanks a ton for your help! I'll send SB an email now and request my miner to be shipped. I've googled ic2 and USB boot loader before (images only) and when I saw that it's got some hardware and hardwiring stuff into it I gave up; never been a fan of these things. I also presumed since it's the USB connector, there will be no easy way for me to connect to the computer and mine.

Like you said, I think I'll be selling these as scrap metal before I'd need to update the firmware on them. With $0.27 + GST for electricity here, I think before I know it it's gonna be unprofitable :-)

You've been of a great help! I appreciate it :-)
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
May I ask how the lack of a USB bootloader or lack of i2c chaining prevents you from mining ?
Secondly, I'm not sure how to connect it to the computer if don't have a USB connector.

The bootloader code is required to update the firmware via USB connection. It can connect to a computer just fine and mine over USB presently. Speaking as someone who has a number of these K16's mining in my farm presently.

If you are not concerned about needing to easilly update the firmware at a future date, and wish to start mining ASAP, I would recommend you ask for your miners to be shipped immediately. It is unlikely you will ever need to update the firmware.

The only thing I might want to update the firmware for, is if they ever fix the issue with needing to re-plug the fan on the board header in order to get the system to recognize them on boot, however, I'm going to re-wire my K16 rack this weekend to run the fans off 4-pin Molex, so the fan bug won't be much of an issue for me soon.

If you'd like to update the firmware at some future time on these, you will need to acquire a PiCkit 3 programmer like the one described here. http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1406&dDocName=en538340&redirects=pickit3

These programmers can be had for ~$40 USD on EBay if you enjoy tinkering.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Easy-To-Use-USB-PIC-chip-PICKit3-programmer-ICSP-PICKit-3-Full-Pack-From-USA-2-/271261843858
Activity: 368
bitify.com - Bitcoin Marketplace & Auction site

First and for most, I paid for them, I deserve to get them and in a timely manner.

Pages:
Jump to: