Pages:
Author

Topic: Liquid Synergy Designs Inc. -ASIC mining hardware - page 26. (Read 423253 times)

Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Meanwhile, has ANYONE gotten word that their hosted miners are setup and hosting? We keep arguing over BTC vs USD for assembly refunds that SB my never pay anyway.

Meanwhile, there is Another HUGE issue is the status of hosted miners. Personally, I'f I were due hosted miners I'd want to know NOW why they aren't already hashing. Maybe the "revised hosting center" isn't finished yet, but my bet is that they could find SOME way to host miners. Certainly the idea has occurred to everyone here that SB could be mining away to his profit with YOUR miners. It's happened before.

Set up the hosting in the basement for all I care, Steamboat should have plugged everything he could into every power plug he could, once he knew they could be hashing.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
I don't have any orders in for hosted miners. Mine were for assembly/testing only, and I'm still awaiting refund terms and instructions.

Meanwhile, has ANYONE gotten word that their hosted miners are setup and hosting? We keep arguing over BTC vs USD for assembly refunds that SB my never pay anyway.

Meanwhile, there is Another HUGE issue is the status of hosted miners. Personally, I'f I were due hosted miners I'd want to know NOW why they aren't already hashing. Maybe the "revised hosting center" isn't finished yet, but my bet is that they could find SOME way to host miners. Certainly the idea has occurred to everyone here that SB could be mining away to his profit with YOUR miners. It's happened before.

BTW, while I'm ranting: I think it's negligent of Steamboat to have STILL not explicitly addressed the boot loader / USB firmware update that has so many of his buyers baffled. This would have been a simple technical brief of the feasibility of a successful USB bootloader that includes i2c capability, as well as the implications of not having it.
SB: Your customers needed your timely guidance with a critical decision, and you left them hanging. Shame on you!

If we don't get news confirming the operation of hosted miners within a VERY SHORT TIME, I suggest labeling this thread as FAILED, SCAM, or BOTH.

I believe we have been abandoned.
Activity: 294
I don't have any orders in for hosted miners. Mine were for assembly/testing only, and I'm still awaiting refund terms and instructions.

Another HUGE issue is the status of hosted miners. Personally, I'f I were due hosted miners I'd want to know NOW why they aren't already hashing. Maybe the "revised hosting center" isn't finished yet, but my bet is that they could find SOME way to host miners. Certainly the idea has occurred to everyone here that SB could be mining away to his profit with YOUR miners. It's happened before.

BTW, while I'm ranting: I think it's negligent os Steamboat to have STILL not explicitly addressed the boot loader / USB firmware update that has so many of his buyers baffled. This would have been a simple technical brief of the feasibility of a successful USB bootloader that includes i2c capability, as well as the implications of not having it.
SB: Your customers needed your timely guidance with a critical decision, and you left them hanging. Shame on you!

If we don't get news confirming the operation of hosted miners within a VERY SHORT TIME, I suggest labeling this thread as FAILED, SCAM, or BOTH.

I believe we have been abandoned.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
I just got sent shipping info to my units being mailed so someone is looking over the emails.

Anyone using 24 port and + USB hubs or recommend brand or model? One I have been looking over are http://www.amazon.com/24-Port-USB-2-0-HUB-Adapter/dp/B003WPDICM  I need to use at least 2-3 or more high capacity USB hubs to be able to mount the units I have shipping shortly.

I have been waiting for updates on the chaining capability but that didn't really show up. Basically these lack of updates or info has held me back in getting my units shipped until now.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
I just checked and his web site is not down....
This is up too.. http://projectklondike.org/about

I had no trouble accessing the projectklondike website earlier, but you are correct--they are both up now.
Activity: 333
Ants Rock
His website is down and there have been no response for weeks. It's apparent what is going on.

Sorry to break it to you, but it seems that you guys are left with no other option other than:

Internet Crime Complaint Center (FBI)
http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

http://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/

I just checked and his web site is not down. http://liquidsyndesigns.com/shop/
This is up too.. http://projectklondike.org/about
legendary
Activity: 1153
Merit: 1000
I seem to recall reading at some point that the website was being decommissioned at a predetermined date.  It's been a while so I may just be confused.

My miners have been working great so far.  I was a little disappointed that I wasn't really able to overclock mine as much as other people seem to be.  Anything over 352 mhz and my K16's start dropping banks of chips.

I just wanted to say that I am really impressed with the quality of the product Steamboat put out.  Especially considering all of the things that went wrong that were totally outside of his control.  On a positive note BKKcoins has finally turned back up and is alive, although suffering from what sounds like a pretty serious motorcycle injury.

My one major gripe is Steamboat's lack of communication.  I feel like he is trying to make the best of a bad situation, but I can think of no valid excuse for ignoring this thread the way he has.  I would consider doing business with him again, but he really needs to address everyone's concerns as soon as possible.

Chad

It is great to hear that the miners were solidly built and work well.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there other ASIC chip options (such as BitFury) where it would have been great to use our unused assembly parts to build a different board than a K16. Yes, new boards and some new parts would be needed, but all the shipping materials, heatsinks, assembly line time, etc. could be reused. I would have much preferred this to assembly refunds. I purchased one drillbit board and the sevice offered there is very similar to SB.

But the lack of communication is ruining this option.
legendary
Activity: 924
Think. Positive. Thoughts.
I seem to recall reading at some point that the website was being decommissioned at a predetermined date.  It's been a while so I may just be confused.

Weird... perhaps site is down to add interface for hosting customers?

I have always had luck with the group buy e-mail address. I've received replies to most of my messages within a few days.
Activity: 672

My miners have been working great so far.  I was a little disappointed that I wasn't really able to overclock mine as much as other people seem to be.  Anything over 352 mhz and my K16's start dropping banks of chips.

I just wanted to say that I am really impressed with the quality of the product Steamboat put out.  Especially considering all of the things that went wrong that were totally outside of his control.  On a positive note BKKcoins has finally turned back up and is alive, although suffering from what sounds like a pretty serious motorcycle injury.

My one major gripe is Steamboat's lack of communication.  I feel like he is trying to make the best of a bad situation, but I can think of no valid excuse for ignoring this thread the way he has.  I would consider doing business with him again, but he really needs to address everyone's concerns as soon as possible.

Chad
Activity: 106
His website is down and there have been no response for weeks. It's apparent what is going on.

Sorry to break it to you, but it seems that you guys are left with no other option other than:

Internet Crime Complaint Center (FBI)
http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

http://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/
Activity: 83
Steamboat was not been online since 12.November! Before at least he has logging every day even without saying anything  Huh

It could be a coincidence, but: I am not getting any response from the Liquid Synergy Designs website. I only tried moments ago; before that, I hadn't tried it for weeks. I don't know how long it's been down for.

I was trying this because of the October email:

Quote from: steamboat
If you would like to request your units shipped as-is, please ensure the shipping address provided on your [LSD website] account is correct...
Activity: 476
Steamboat was not been online since 12.November! Before at least he has logging every day even without saying anything  Huh
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
I do have a couple of miners that show that they are hashing, but they show no work units accepted or sent in CGminer.

Moved them from one computer to another (Linux to Windows), and they do the same thing, show hashing but no work units accepted.

Do you guys think they need to be reflashed or something? They do show some amount of hardware errors, seem like above normal compared to the others.

Pretty weird.

What are the temps Huh

Have you checked the power cables are plugged all the way in,no undue stress on them pulling them just a little loose,your PSU is able to supply enough power Huh

60 watts per is what I use to judge by  Wink
Activity: 378
I do have a couple of miners that show that they are hashing, but they show no work units accepted or sent in CGminer.

Moved them from one computer to another (Linux to Windows), and they do the same thing, show hashing but no work units accepted.

Do you guys think they need to be reflashed or something? They do show some amount of hardware errors, seem like above normal compared to the others.

Pretty weird.

Sounds like a hardware problem most likely.
Activity: 529
Merit: 501

Pretty weird.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Any news on hosting for miners (non-canceled orders) that I understand were to be hashing now? 
I heard over a week ago we were to get a payout for the miners we paid for and kept hosting with steamboat.  Anyone heard about or received a payout? 
Activity: 820
With all this talk of refunds, can I divert attention back to hosting?  I'd like to know why my miner is not hashing away.  It is NOT because it is not ready and able to hash, because my friend (who ordered the same day as me) finally decided to give up waiting for hosting and asked for them to be shipped instead and they are already on their way.  So if they are assembled and clearly can be used to hash, and we have PAID for hosting already, WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY NOT SWITCHED ON HASHING AWAY.

As time goes on SB is creating more anger and and people who are looking to legal recourse.  SB, get on the case.  You organised this knowing you could both profit big or lose big.  Now it's gone sour you need to take the hit and sort this mess out.  For someone like myself who requested a refund, which never transpired, requested hosting, which is not happening, what am I supposed to do?  Just let the money go?  No fucking way - you sort it out or we'll launch legal action.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

Bitcoin was the payment method/medium, not the payment "amount." To put it another way, treat BTC as check/money order/Credit Card... [...]

Bitcoin is the payment amount and the payment method. Treating BTC as a check/money order/Credit Card is absolutely insignificant to the pertinence of legitimate, fair refunding; when you pay someone for a 100euro piano keyboard (thru paypal for instance) with usd totaling $135, and you decide a couple of hours, or days, or weeks later (it doesn't matter when) that you would like to cancel your order for the piano, they will return EXACTLY $135 thru proof of your paypal invoice. They will not return only $37.20 in that time frame of you cancelling your electric-piano order because the price of 100euro skyrocketed %350.
Actually, that is exactly what they will do. If you purchase that 100Eur piano on your credit card and get charged $135, if in a week when the exchange rate is different you will get 100Eur back at whatever the rate is at the time of your return. In fact, even if the rate is exactly the same you'll have the joy of paying the ForEx fee on both the payment and the refund.
legendary
Activity: 924
Think. Positive. Thoughts.
It's not that clear since we actually paid in BTC.

When I bought assembly, testing and hosting, it was very clear that I was paying an amount in US dollars in the form of BTC. Why are we even bothering to discuss this? I would still like a refund, no matter what form it takes.

We are discussing this because if you payed, in an amount in US dollars in the form of 22.17 BTC, upon failure a couple of seconds later, you are to receive your refund exactly in 22.17 BTC.---not in 2.34 BTC because the value of BTC changed within those couple of seconds. (It doesn't even matter if it was seconds, hours, days, or even months) The whole point is that you must legally receive, exactly what you traded.

If you trade a shotgun to someone for a laptop, and he is still yet to find, and build this laptop. And he fails to find it, he must return the entire shotgun to you;not 1/7th of the shotgun because the value of it increased in relation to the laptop.

Please read:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3609546

Bitcoin was the payment method/medium, not the payment "amount." To put it another way, treat BTC as check/money order/Credit Card... the exchange rate is irrelevant and outside of the agreement. Also, there was no refund guarantee. In fact, the concept of a refund wasn't even known before Yifu offered it. You purchased the "product" knowing that SB was not liable. Read the first few posts.
Activity: 61
It's not that clear since we actually paid in BTC.

When I bought assembly, testing and hosting, it was very clear that I was paying an amount in US dollars in the form of BTC. Why are we even bothering to discuss this? I would still like a refund, no matter what form it takes.

We are discussing this because if you payed, in an amount in US dollars in the form of 22.17 BTC, upon failure a couple of seconds later, you are to receive your refund exactly in 22.17 BTC.---not in 2.34 BTC because the value of BTC changed within those couple of seconds. (It doesn't even matter if it was seconds, hours, days, or even months) The whole point is that you must legally receive, exactly what you traded.

If you trade a shotgun to someone for a laptop, and he is still yet to find, and build this laptop. And he fails to find it, he must return the entire shotgun to you;not 1/7th of the shotgun because the value of it increased in relation to the laptop.

Please read:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3609546
Pages:
Jump to: