Pages:
Author

Topic: Liquid Synergy Designs Inc. -ASIC mining hardware - page 3. (Read 423215 times)

Activity: 368
Merit: 250
try changing the cable or the usb port, and make sure is connected directly to a computer, not a hub.
if it doesnt work, try another pc... and if it doesnt go, try linux it doesnt need a driver, if its a driver issue youll see in linux if not its hardware related.

try here more trouble shooting and guide to linux install
KS
Activity: 448
That's more a question for the Klondike thread. Most ppl here DON'T have a K16 (hence the fuss Wink ).

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=190731.new#new
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Hello - I am unsure what to do - I purchased a K16 board off of Ebay today and I can not get it to work for the life of me. I keep getting the same errors.

I got it and a new Power supply unit today in the mail - Hooked up the fan on top of the K16 to the PSU, not the Board (PSU has a 4 pin molex that I used) - hooked up the board to the 6 pin PCI express, green light turns on - it powers up. I hooked the micro usb cord from the miner to my computer - my computer recognizes it and tries to download a driver for "k16". Of course, it fails because there isn't one. I downloaded "Zadig" from sourceforge  Version -"zadig_v2.0.1.160.7z" to be exact, Opened it up and selected "K16" in the list of USB Devices, I then loaded the driver "WinUSB" to the "K16". I downloaded CGMiner 3.8.3 just to be safe since as its the exact same copy recommended in the "How To" Instructions for the Klondike miners. (I've tried multiple different  Cgminer versions now with same results) I created a Start.bat file trying multiple different command lines and all of them giving me around the same results and error messages. Heres the few I tried:

cgminer -o http://pool.50btc.com:3333 -u username -p pass
cgminer.exe -o http://pool.50btc.com:3333 -u username -p pass
cgminer -o stratum+tcp://pool.50btc.com:3333 -u username -p pass
cgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://pool.50btc.com:3333 -u username -p pass
cgminer -o http://mpos.cke.anomalypool.com:3154 -u username -p pass
cgminer.exe -o http://mpos.cke.anomalypool.com:3154 -u username -p pass
cgminer -o stratum+tc[://mpos.cke.anomalypool.com:3154 -u username -p pass
cgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://mpos.cke.anomalypool.com:3154 -u username -p pass

I notice it says "If you compile your own version of Cgminer for windows, make sure to use the option "-enable-klondike" but I am unsure where to add this. I also tried adding this to one of the bat files like so - with no positive results.

cgminer -o http:mpos.cke.anomalypool.com:3154 -u username -p pass -enable-klondike

I believe it was the cookie pool with the "HTTP" heading that gave me accepts - and also showed it was mining at 5.8 GH/S on the pool, But I didn't get any payouts so obviously something is still not right. I am pretty sure this is User error (yes I'm a noob I'm sorry lol) and not a fried miner (or I'm hoping at least).

Heres a few images of the miner throwing errors at me - ALSO - When these errors are thrown, there is a red flashing LED on the miner. It flashs 2 times in a row then stops for a second then flashes 2 times again.

-Heres the one where I'm actually getting accepts along with the same error message - Pool is "Mpos.cke.anomalypool.com:3154"
https://i.imgur.com/JPxkdgA.png

-Heres more error messages without accepts on the same pool as above
https://i.imgur.com/lnW6MWT.png

-Heres another attempt right before it goes crazy with error messages - Pool is 50btc.com
https://i.imgur.com/A7C6DZ9.png

I am really hoping someone can shed some light on this for me - I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much to anyone that is willing to help me out. When I mine some coin - I will tip you. Take care! Look forward to hearing back from someone.
Activity: 245
Hi Steam, any update on refund for those who opted for hosting services? any news on chips refund?

thank you.
Activity: 539
Merit: 500

It's your right to be pissed off (I'm bloody pissed off at the loss), but this GB has been less of a clusterfuck than, say, Terrahash.

"Same player, try again" is better than "game over."

Take solace where you find it.

Agreed. 
KS
lol @xjack. Price of the units were in USD, not BTC as the chips were. Payment method was in BTC. Not sure how you can have a loss when the refund in USD was locked at the original BTC exchange rate of ~$120 instead of ~$800+

Its analogous as if you bought something online with Euro on a USD website , and when the Euro crashes you ask for refund, which is only worth a small % of what Euro would have been at that time (In other words if you paid 50 Euro for a $75 item and Euro crashed and you only got 25 Euro back which is now worth $75 USD. As long as the USD value stayed the same there is nothing the operator of the site can do  ). I really hope people can understand these basics for themselves.

Kosta

LOL all you want, hit the ignore if you like.  Your analogy isn't a linear comparison.  There is no exchange rate change discussion to be had here.  You said it yourself - steamboat fixed the refunds at the original sales rate of $120. 

Each unit was about $130.  Or loosely interpreted - 1BTC.  Each unit was refunded approximately .31BTC.  Based on the same $120 exchange price you quoted = $37.20.

Bitcoin being $800(700) softens the blow in fiat.  It doesn't change the fact that you still technically took a loss despite the fixed exchange rate.  Also, your refund is months late with NO communication.

Finally, steamboat is close to announcing/releasing the next model, which absolutely contains some of the same components you just got refunded for.

Knock yourself out, I'm not getting back in the pool where that shark is swimming.

It's your right to be pissed off (I'm bloody pissed off at the loss), but this GB has been less of a clusterfuck than, say, Terrahash.

"Same player, try again" is better than "game over."

Take solace where you find it.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Steamboat can you please check order # 100000074‏ - I accepted the refund with a changed receiving address. Nothing received yet.
Activity: 245
*sigh*
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
and he still wont answer any emails regarding hosting.  I think maybe he used the hosted miners to generated the BTC that he is now refunding us with.  Still a scam in my eyes until he answers questions about the hosted miners.

Same here Sad
Activity: 820
Merit: 1000
and he still wont answer any emails regarding hosting.  I think maybe he used the hosted miners to generated the BTC that he is now refunding us with.  Still a scam in my eyes until he answers questions about the hosted miners.
lol @xjack. Price of the units were in USD, not BTC as the chips were. Payment method was in BTC. Not sure how you can have a loss when the refund in USD was locked at the original BTC exchange rate of ~$120 instead of ~$800+

Its analogous as if you bought something online with Euro on a USD website , and when the Euro crashes you ask for refund, which is only worth a small % of what Euro would have been at that time (In other words if you paid 50 Euro for a $75 item and Euro crashed and you only got 25 Euro back which is now worth $75 USD. As long as the USD value stayed the same there is nothing the operator of the site can do  ). I really hope people can understand these basics for themselves.

Kosta

LOL all you want, hit the ignore if you like.  Your analogy isn't a linear comparison.  There is no exchange rate change discussion to be had here.  You said it yourself - steamboat fixed the refunds at the original sales rate of $120. 

Each unit was about $130.  Or loosely interpreted - 1BTC.  Each unit was refunded approximately .31BTC.  Based on the same $120 exchange price you quoted = $37.20.

Bitcoin being $800(700) softens the blow in fiat.  It doesn't change the fact that you still technically took a loss despite the fixed exchange rate.  Also, your refund is months late with NO communication.

Finally, steamboat is close to announcing/releasing the next model, which absolutely contains some of the same components you just got refunded for.

Knock yourself out, I'm not getting back in the pool where that shark is swimming.

Activity: 822
Merit: 1002
Got my refund! Thanks steamboat.
Me too. Finally. Thanks.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Got my refund! Thanks steamboat.
Activity: 309
Merit: 100

Kosta
We are still extremely busy working on getting the next units ready for launch, and hope to have more information soon.

So nice to hear you are developing new units with those leftover components, while sticking your captive "investors" for a 60% loss.

It'll be a cold day in hell before I send you another satoshi.
Activity: 697
Merit: 503
Glad this has finally come to an end. Appreciate the end result SB
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
Same here, Refund received. Thank you.

Hope the next GB goes better
KS
Refund received. Thank you.
Activity: 262
Refund requests have been processed for all those that have accepted. If you have not received an email, and believe there is a discrepancy with your account, please sent an email to [email protected]. An additional email will be sent to everyone on the mailing list to notify them.

Thank you again for for patience. I know this has been a long time coming, and appreciate your understanding as we work to get everything sorted. We are still extremely busy working on getting the next units ready for launch, and hope to have more information soon.

Have a wonderful day,

Steamboat

Thank you!
Activity: 648
Refund requests have been processed for all those that have accepted. If you have not received an email, and believe there is a discrepancy with your account, please sent an email to [email protected]. An additional email will be sent to everyone on the mailing list to notify them.

Thank you again for for patience. I know this has been a long time coming, and appreciate your understanding as we work to get everything sorted. We are still extremely busy working on getting the next units ready for launch, and hope to have more information soon.

Have a wonderful day,

Steamboat
Pages:
Jump to: