Pages:
Author

Topic: List of all cryptocoins - page 74. (Read 833058 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 253
June 11, 2013, 12:33:16 PM
BTE removal was intentional?

It's not totally dead, but has massive "hi diff slowdown". (I don't own BTE.) Could go in the category "Dead / Dying" or "Purgatory".

Of course not!!!  Thank you for this notice, I was moving it to purgatory for this massive slowdown and forgot.
BTE had Great start, a lot of hashing power. I believe it could survive with only a beter difficulty algo.
I no longer put those status mesages. It was informative but not neutral.

BTE moved to purgatory.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
June 11, 2013, 10:50:16 AM
BTE removal was intentional?

It's not totally dead, but has massive "hi diff slowdown". (I don't own BTE.) Could go in the category "Dead / Dying" or "Purgatory".
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359
June 10, 2013, 11:17:35 AM
Big changes:

1 List rewriten - every information changed to strictly informative. List gone full neutral.

2 "NEW" categry renamed to "PURGATORY"

3 added MΣC FST PWC EZC HYC

4 DGC moved to "CANDIDATES"

5 JKC downgraded to purgatory

Let me know how you like it, and what coins should be added.
June 10, 2013, 09:04:44 AM
Activity: 316
Merit: 250
@WizardOfOre
Activity: 543
Merit: 250
Activity: 148
Merit: 100
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
June 05, 2013, 05:46:51 PM
Please add AMC...especially with the recent info regarding btce: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=219165.460
June 05, 2013, 05:04:54 PM
I am not a zealot, i am terran user Tongue

Anyway i was just asking cause checking what can i mine i only see movement in DGC, so i was thinking if it is cause people is trying to pump it or it is cause there are people supporting it (or both)

the only way to tell the difference between pump and support is to wait and see if it stays. Thats why no coin can advance or degrade quickly.
Activity: 179
June 05, 2013, 03:55:56 PM
I am not a zealot, i am terran user Tongue

Anyway i was just asking cause checking what can i mine i only see movement in DGC, so i was thinking if it is cause people is trying to pump it or it is cause there are people supporting it (or both)

June 05, 2013, 02:37:50 PM
I dont understand why:
-MNC Mincoin- diff resonance similar to BBQ, but very bad launch [no binaries + 25000% superblocks] giving 10% of all coins to insiders.
-CNC CHNCoin-hi diff slowdown similar to BBQ, announced on chinese forum first.
-JKC JKC- low diff started as a joke, but now working ok. low starting diff and slow retarget like BTE, FTC, MNC, CNC
-YAC YACoin-  Yet Another altCoin. NovaCoin fork, with modified hashing - for now CPU-ONLY
-WDC Worldcoin

are over DGC

There's no particular order to this, DGC just hasn't been moved from the New section yet.

yes, DGC goes there next update.

Exchange rate and difficulty fluctuation is very big. not to change the list twice a day, I use big hysteresis and inertia in those changes.

in next update, I will remove most if not all data, that can be taken as negative.  

instamine / missed date / no binaries / etc   ->   this data is going to be removed.
I dont need discussion with zealots - Ill go even more neutral.

please PM me the coin You would like to see in an update.

Activity: 168
Captain Jack Fenderson
June 05, 2013, 01:11:32 PM
I dont understand why:
-MNC Mincoin- diff resonance similar to BBQ, but very bad launch [no binaries + 25000% superblocks] giving 10% of all coins to insiders.
-JKC JKC- low diff started as a joke, but now working ok. low starting diff and slow retarget like BTE, FTC, MNC, CNC
-YAC YACoin-  Yet Another altCoin. NovaCoin fork, with modified hashing - for now CPU-ONLY
-WDC Worldcoin

are over DGC

There's no particular order to this, DGC just hasn't been moved from the New section yet.
Activity: 179
June 05, 2013, 01:03:20 PM
I dont understand why:
-YAC YACoin-  Yet Another altCoin. NovaCoin fork, with modified hashing - for now CPU-ONLY
-WDC Worldcoin

are over DGC

Activity: 168
Captain Jack Fenderson
June 05, 2013, 05:11:40 AM
MAJOR
MΣC Megacoin - Updated Core, Scrypt, 2.5min blocks, Fast 22.5min difficulty retarget. 42 million coins.

Keep telling yourself that.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 183
June 05, 2013, 05:05:30 AM
MAJOR
MΣC Megacoin - Updated Core, Scrypt, 2.5min blocks, Fast 22.5min difficulty retarget. 42 million coins.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
June 04, 2013, 07:07:33 PM
It's pretty awesome that you maintain this list. Very handy!!!
June 04, 2013, 01:30:40 PM
WDC Worldcoin-diff resonance Another LTC clone. ultra fast.  criticized for instamine

"Criticized for instamine"? By whom? Based on what?

I thought the opposite was true. Most people liked WDC precisely because its launch was so transparent without premine.

Started with diff 0.00024 and block time 15s.... this was not an ordinary orphanfest, this one had whole chains geting 51% all the time, people had confirmed tens of blocks and BOOM disapeared. such a low diff with such a low blocktime was kept being overtaken not by 51%, but by 5%!!. someone with 100+ instances running in the single LAN had latency so low, that he orphaned the whole rest of internet not even having a lot of hashpower. that is realy hardcore instamine.  instamine and premine is not the same thing. instamine hapens after launch if parameters are set poorly or intentionally bad. premine happens before launch.

Read all the announce thread.
legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004
June 04, 2013, 12:04:16 PM
WDC Worldcoin-diff resonance Another LTC clone. ultra fast.  criticized for instamine

"Criticized for instamine"? By whom? Based on what?

I thought the opposite was true. Most people liked WDC precisely because its launch was so transparent without premine.
Activity: 366
Merit: 258
June 03, 2013, 10:09:04 PM
I'd like to see a pro's and cons modification to the list from the perspective of professional miners.  I'm looking into setting up a pretty large mining farm and it would be great to know people's perspectives on which coins are effectively protected from ASICs, or which ones have a high potential for future value based on the improvements they've made on the BTC protocol.

Kind of like an OP ED piece from a place of experience.  It's sometimes hard to tell who has valid opinions based on experience as I wade through these forums.
Pages:
Jump to: