Pages:
Author

Topic: List of all cryptocoins - page 78. (Read 833058 times)

Activity: 412
Merit: 250
Bitcoin is the Future of currency
May 19, 2013, 03:02:42 PM
add Powercoin ,worldcoin and nible as CANDIDATES
Activity: 252
May 19, 2013, 05:33:20 AM
Is LQC Liquidcoin back from the dead?
Three prolific posters would like you to think so, bit NO it is not.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
May 18, 2013, 10:04:42 PM
Is LQC Liquidcoin back from the dead?
Activity: 515
Merit: 101
May 18, 2013, 09:26:13 PM
I wish the community could agree or vote on new coins first. If a coin gets a vote it should be in place for at least 2 weeks before any new coin can be released.

People would just release them somewhere else.
Activity: 476
moOo
May 18, 2013, 03:43:24 PM
I cant see it keeping up. there are too many new coins for people to even grasp which ones to jump on. Eventually it will be hard as crap for a new coin to get any early adopters as the community starts to opt out of every single solitary new currency.

but then again, people are fools, so who knows.
Activity: 289
May 18, 2013, 01:01:02 PM
At the rate coins are coming out people may temporarily jump ship from the current coin they are mining just for the speculation on it. This is not good for any previously released coin because it seems like it does not get a full chance to succeed beyond a pump and dump. This is how we end up with Bazaar threads in hopes someone wants to buy a new coin (or bar) that someone else may also have some blind faith in.

I wish the community could agree or vote on new coins first. If a coin gets a vote it should be in place for at least 2 weeks before any new coin can be released. In addition to BTC and LTC there should be no more than 3 other alt coins, each of them being different or bringing something of value to the table. A public calendar with coin release dates and all required information available at launch so it would be a fair release to all. If you have read to this point........don't actually expect anything previously mentioned to happen.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
May 18, 2013, 04:58:55 AM
You have left out Supercoin (SPC)
Activity: 252
May 18, 2013, 03:16:49 AM
An idea: group coins by families.

1) Bitcoin family (SHA-256 / PoW): Bitcoin, Namecoin, Devcoin, Terracoin
2) Tenebrix / Litecoin family (Scrypt / PoW): Litecoin, Tenebrix, Fairbrix, FeatherCoin, BBQ, CHN, RoyalCoin ...
3) PPC family (Proof-of-Stake): PPCoin, Novacoin, Yacoin, Bitbar
4) other cryptocurrencies
Clicking on the "Algo" header will sort them this way.  Anyway, the profitability is of paramount importance.  Everything else is just good to know stuff.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
May 18, 2013, 03:00:53 AM
An idea: group coins by families.

1) Bitcoin family (SHA-256 / PoW): Bitcoin, Namecoin, Devcoin, Terracoin
2) Tenebrix / Litecoin family (Scrypt / PoW): Litecoin, Tenebrix, Fairbrix, FeatherCoin, BBQ, CHN, RoyalCoin ...
3) PPC family (Proof-of-Stake): PPCoin, Novacoin, Yacoin, Bitbar
4) other cryptocurrencies
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
May 17, 2013, 06:42:26 PM
Goldcoin and worldcoin are best new comers.
Merit: 253
May 17, 2013, 10:03:57 AM
Idd, for a newb its a ftuuutck nightmare tbh...

Does even the veterans here what is profitable???

Now on bbq, good option?
http://www.coinchoose.com/
http://www.coinwarz.com
http://dustcoin.com/mining
Activity: 322
May 17, 2013, 07:19:00 AM
Idd, for a newb its a ftuuutck nightmare tbh...

Does even the veterans here what is profitable???

Now on bbq, good option?
Activity: 154
CoinTropolis
May 17, 2013, 02:29:15 AM
The number of coins are getting ridiculous....

The number of crappy soft drinks is ridiculous. Ever end up in a small town where the drink there's knockoff drinks you've never seen in your life? I'm pretty sure JoeBob's Yellow Drink didn't kill Pepsi's revenue last year.  Smiley
May 16, 2013, 11:56:12 PM
The number of coins are getting ridiculous....
Activity: 289
May 16, 2013, 03:32:58 PM
With multiple coins coming out each day (not a good thing) it seems this section of the forum is its own market. I don't say "exchange" because it just feels like people bringing all the junk coins (no pun intended on JKC) and hope that somebody might wan't to buy what they happen to mine. It really feels like a coin flea market of sorts.  People use any of the coins as a mechanism to get more LTC/BTC which is a wise move since those are established at least.

It will be interesting to see if any of these coins can actually establish itself and have some worth on its own.  It will really boil down to the marketing the creator or people involved do to say if it will have long-term staying power. We all know that just being listed on an Exchange doesn't mean much anymore but certainly helps.

I agree that JR members with few posts releasing a coin does not help because people are very skeptical of people showing up out of nowhere and creating a coin. If they are JR member they should at least have some other type of community involvement or have a higher forum member vouch for them. While we may not know much about who is behind WorldCoin I do give this JR member credit for a launch that is so much better than other coin launches. Great communication, on-time release, frequent twitter updates. Nice job.

If you are going to create a coin and want it to stay around, please think seriously about the name.....JKC and PPC, doomed from the start. And why put a nationality on a coin, what is the point versus a global coin, like BTC or any other coin, wasn't that the point in the first place to be accepted world wide. (no need for CNC or RYC)
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
May 16, 2013, 12:35:00 PM
JKC junkcoin
PWC powercoin
SRC sunrisecoin
GLD gldcoin
SPC supercoin
WLC worldcoin

bitgem
Activity: 224
May 16, 2013, 11:15:54 AM
Can we get WDC WorldCoin added to the list on the main page please.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Touchdown
May 16, 2013, 07:51:03 AM
Come on OP, there must be 6-8 new candidates launched since yesterday...  Please do a public service by announcing all of them DOA. Wink
Merit: 253
May 16, 2013, 04:55:10 AM
crapcoins section? or simply add all this crap to "not a coin"  and add    "/ crap"  ?
or simply ignore all this tragicly bad, intentionally 0.00024 diff, no binaries fails?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031
May 12, 2013, 02:30:11 AM
I think there should be another label/grouping for copycats to preserve the value of legit alternate currencies as we see more and more. Classification would be pretty distinctive - If it offers nothing new except lower difficulty to start and if only coin and block amounts are changed than its not innovative and they just took someone elses code and changed a few parameters to release it under a new name. It would give a baseline to anyone just entering the market - delineating between the true alternates and clones, giving the clones less traction and empowering the alternate coins who actually worked hard on coming up with a new innovative approach, thus leading the new masses of tomorrow to the good ones.

+1

The market is now flooded with knockoff coins. Keeping a list beyond 20 coins seems fruitless.

xorxor thanks for putting so much work into organizing this. With all the new coins, finding the relevant info is becoming a pain in the a**. Thanks again for making it easier.

If you'd like another great source of alt coin info, PM me your e-mail address and I'll add you to my alt coin newsletter that I started last month!
Pages:
Jump to: