Pages:
Author

Topic: List of all cryptocoins - page 75. (Read 833058 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Captain Jack Fenderson
June 03, 2013, 06:20:26 PM
So what if it was edited ... was edited before launch not after ... I, like everybody else were mining from 1st day ... and you make it sound like he cheated because was launched earlier. Everybody who was interested was there from day 1 and everybody else on forums are saying that was a fair launch. You probably should do more research before posting ... and probably you should remove all those dieing coins (CHC, BQC ... ).

Yeah, it was edited less than 24hrs before the new launch. That's pretty scammy, I dare say even scummy, and well within the definition of "suddenly launched before the originally set date with little warning". I like the coin but I can't refuse the facts. xorxor wasn't even negative about it, he just stated it exactly how it is.

There's no reason to remove dying coins from the list, there's a section specifically for them and that's exactly where they should be. If we just hide away the dead someones doomed to make the same mistake they did. (Though they'll probably do it anyway.)

BBQCoin isn't even dying, it's made quite a come back recently and is occasionally more profitable to mine than BTC.

You dare say a lot of things you know nothing about.

I had specifically told everyone the date was only an estimate. I updated it as it got sooner and let everyone know as it got closer, not 24 hours before.

Have you ever heard of a little thing called motive? One of the major things needed to actually make an argument against someone and not just have an opinion? If there were any bad intentions, why would I announce as I went along? Why would I say the date is an estimate? Why would I say 24 hours before?

Ultimately, why would I build in fairness? Early rewards that were pretty much worthless until everyone who was interested in the coin was able to be involved.

This thread is an opinion by a biased poster who has his own favourites and what not. It should only be taken as such.

I think you're entirely misunderstanding what is being said.

If the post was made on the 19th and the launch date was later changed from the 23rd to the 20th then there's no way there was much more than 24hrs. before the change. That is the definition of a sudden launch with little warning. That's all xorxor said, he never even said it was a bad thing. There is absolutely no displayed bias on xorxor's ("the thread's") part.

I said it felt scammy (well I meant to, but I missed the "feel" in my original statement, oops), which it does, especially with the difficulty being so much lower than originally stated. That doesn't mean I'm saying the coin is a scam or even personally believe it to be. Hell, I even said I like the coin. I even designed a proper coin style logo for it.

I don't really how to respond to that bit about motive, I'm not sure what you're getting at there...
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052
June 03, 2013, 04:31:56 PM
So what if it was edited ... was edited before launch not after ... I, like everybody else were mining from 1st day ... and you make it sound like he cheated because was launched earlier. Everybody who was interested was there from day 1 and everybody else on forums are saying that was a fair launch. You probably should do more research before posting ... and probably you should remove all those dieing coins (CHC, BQC ... ).

Yeah, it was edited less than 24hrs before the new launch. That's pretty scammy, I dare say even scummy, and well within the definition of "suddenly launched before the originally set date with little warning". I like the coin but I can't refuse the facts. xorxor wasn't even negative about it, he just stated it exactly how it is.

There's no reason to remove dying coins from the list, there's a section specifically for them and that's exactly where they should be. If we just hide away the dead someones doomed to make the same mistake they did. (Though they'll probably do it anyway.)

BBQCoin isn't even dying, it's made quite a come back recently and is occasionally more profitable to mine than BTC.

You dare say a lot of things you know nothing about.

I had specifically told everyone the date was only an estimate. I updated it as it got sooner and let everyone know as it got closer, not 24 hours before.

Have you ever heard of a little thing called motive? One of the major things needed to actually make an argument against someone and not just have an opinion? If there were any bad intentions, why would I announce as I went along? Why would I say the date is an estimate? Why would I say 24 hours before?

Ultimately, why would I build in fairness? Early rewards that were pretty much worthless until everyone who was interested in the coin was able to be involved.

This thread is an opinion by a biased poster who has his own favourites and what not. It should only be taken as such.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
June 03, 2013, 08:06:54 AM
bitcoin shouldn't be major, but "the one above all" slot
Captain Jack Fenderson
June 03, 2013, 03:58:02 AM

Activity: 154
Hack The Planet
June 03, 2013, 02:40:37 AM
Not sure about the accuracy of the DGC entry in the 1st post:

-DGC DigitalCoin- preannouced for 23rd as diff 1, but than suddenly launched on 20th with 0.00024 diff

The pre-anounce thread is here from Sun May 19th.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anndgc-digitalcoin-multi-algo-masternodes-established-2013-209508

It announcement says the coin is to be launched on Monday the 20th and it was. I was waiting for it and started mining within minutes of the link to the binaries appearing in the thread.

The pre-announcement also says:

Difficulty: Starts at 0.00024414 - It will take 6-8 difficulty adjustments (or ~13000 blocks) to reach desired difficulty of 1

Announce post was edited. entry is accurate.

Captain Jack Fenderson
June 02, 2013, 05:17:20 PM
I don't see DragonCoin in this list, needs an update Smiley

Also no BarCoin, should be listed under "NOT AN OPENSOURCE COMMODITY CRYPTO COIN /  NEVER FULLY LAUNCHED". It's a demonstration coin like smallchange but it does have a functional blockchain.
Activity: 905
Merit: 1001
June 02, 2013, 05:14:31 PM
xorxor can you please add cryptocoincharts.info to your info. i have charts for the most of the listed altcoins (as far as they are on a exchange with an API)
thank you
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
June 02, 2013, 05:44:08 AM
I don't see DragonCoin in this list, needs an update Smiley
Activity: 163
May 31, 2013, 04:50:13 PM
Not sure about the accuracy of the DGC entry in the 1st post:

-DGC DigitalCoin- preannouced for 23rd as diff 1, but than suddenly launched on 20th with 0.00024 diff

The pre-anounce thread is here from Sun May 19th.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anndgc-digitalcoin-multi-algo-masternodes-established-2013-209508

It announcement says the coin is to be launched on Monday the 20th and it was. I was waiting for it and started mining within minutes of the link to the binaries appearing in the thread.

The pre-announcement also says:

Difficulty: Starts at 0.00024414 - It will take 6-8 difficulty adjustments (or ~13000 blocks) to reach desired difficulty of 1

Announce post was edited. entry is accurate.

Hm I was watching the launch and i did not registred such information. Even now i list back the thread and i have found this post https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2203852
Even if announce post was edited, (which make sense - because you need to keep people informed) that post was posted in the thread. At least me as a user, I have no problem to understand when the launch will be...

Anyway, more general describtion should be added about this coin. The current description is useless, and in my PERSONAL opinion - it is misleading
Activity: 448
Merit: 130
3D-Printing goes Blockchain!
May 31, 2013, 02:41:17 AM
I can't even keep track of all these new coins... :/

Hopefully my site should help you a little bit ... as for getting wallets ... well, oh! maybe I should add links for those too.  Thanks for the suggestion! Smiley
Activity: 205
May 31, 2013, 02:39:27 AM
I can't even keep track of all these new coins... :/
Activity: 721
Merit: 523
May 30, 2013, 04:29:31 AM
once you have some coins come to my site and plug the numbers in, it will help you to keep track of them all Cheesy
Activity: 448
Merit: 130
3D-Printing goes Blockchain!
Activity: 812
Merit: 505
The Last NXT Founder
May 29, 2013, 09:29:38 AM
oo oo add mine!
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
May 29, 2013, 05:49:58 AM
there is an exchange site for all of them?
how to know the most profitable in real time?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
May 29, 2013, 05:21:37 AM
Awesome thread, just want to say thank you Smiley
Activity: 476
Merit: 253
May 29, 2013, 04:32:18 AM
There are no stupid questions.

What happens if you put someone's foot in your mouth and it's raining Whoopi Goldbergs?

PS. thanks for the list, donating when I'm home.

It means you are on LSD, or trying to make a stupid question Smiley
Activity: 680
Merit: 500
May 28, 2013, 11:22:39 PM
There are no stupid questions.

What happens if you put someone's foot in your mouth and it's raining Whoopi Goldbergs?

PS. thanks for the list, donating when I'm home.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
May 28, 2013, 07:04:53 PM
Thanks for this list.  Kiss
Pages:
Jump to: