Pages:
Author

Topic: List of Bitcoin Hostile (and friendly) Banks - page 15. (Read 171452 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
Okay I have finished updating OP. If you have anything to add, please PM me or post it in a reply here.
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Keeping an interest in this thread  Wink
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com
Thank you for taking over maintaining the thread.
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
Let's discuss which banks are, and which banks are not bitcoin friendly.

I will try to keep this post updated with all new information as it comes in, feel free to PM me or reply to this thread if you have something to add.

(please note, just because a few transfers from bitcoin exchanges have gone through, doesn't make a bank necessarily bitcoin friendly. This list is for banks who have a proactive attitude towards bitcoin, publicly endorse it, or support major exchanges.)

And now for the list of Banks and their bitcoinfriendly-ness:

To qualify on the list a bank or payment processor must without explanation terminate or refuse business of legitimate bitcoin busineses. The point of this threas is to name and shame said institutions and to encourage people who are there customers, regardless of bitcoin, to take there business elsewhere.

Australia:

Commonwealth Bank of Australia
         CurrencyFair (Website)

• CurrencyFair denies the application for any business having anythinng to do with bitcoin.
   OzForez.com.au

• Denids the application of any business having anything to do with bitcoin.

Canada:

The Royal Bank of Canada (Link)

BMO

• CanadaBitcoins was accepting cash deposits here, but accounts closed due to AML/KYC Requirements. Link.
  • CanadaBitcoins no longer accepting cash deposits at all to BMO, verified or not. Link.

CIBC

• CanadaBitcoins was accepting cash deposits here, but accounts closed due to AML/KYC Requirements. Link.[url=http://

Royal Bank of Canada  

Royal Bank of Canada  

Toronto-Dominion Bank

Bank of Nova Scotia  

TDBank (Link)

TD Dominion

• CanadaBitcoins was accepting cash deposits here, but accounts closed due to AML/KYC Requirements. Link.[url=http://

Taype

• "Canadianbitcoins: Aug 6 2013   TAYPE INTERNATIONAL has been temporarily replaced with DIRECT WORLD for all Bill Payment Banks. Please do not send any payments to your TAYPE payee if you already have one setup in your online banking.Aug 6 2013 "

Vogogo

• "Cavirtex Aug. 6, 2013, 3:11 p.m. - New Bill Payment Provider - Vogogo: For rapid and secure processing of your online bill payments, we have partnered with Vogogo. One of the main reasons for this is to increase the speed of processing."

Finland

Suomen verkkomaksut / checkout.fi

• Multiple reports of declining buisness with bitcoin related services, including bittiraha.fi.

Nordea

Osuuspankki

Tapiola

Germany

Commerzbank

• Shut down bitcoin24 account.

Fidor Bank AG

Sofort Bank

• "Proof was given to me in a private message I will not publish, unless it's sender gives me the go ahead, my source tells me anyone can verify this by contacting the bank about opening an account for a bitcoin related buisness, perhaps someone fluent in german could do this?"

Holland
   RaboBank

Spain

ING

• ING Spanish Branch Blocking all Bitcoin Transactions. Reddit.

Sweden

SEP

Switzerland

Coop Bank

United Kingdom

Barclays

• Prevented MtGox, Intersango, and BlockChain.info from accepting GBP.

United States

Bank of the West (Link)
         Capital One (Link)

Chase (Link)

• Many people on this forum (as well as others), myself included, have had their accounts closed by chase. Some did mention bitcoins, others didn't. It's usually the high volume of cash deposits or one-way international wires (i.e. if you receive alot of US deposits but send alot of foreign wires).

Comerica (Comerica)

Dwolla (Dwolla)

Internet Credit Union (Link)

• Located in Sanfrancisco, California, USA. Opened in 2013
  • "taking a proactive pro-Bitcoin stance" Link to Reddit[/ur]
  • Spoke at San Jose Bitcoin Conference in 2013, saying that the current banks, "suck, so we are going to build out own." (Citation needed fo rthe video of this)
  • Handled withdraws for BitFloor after Capitol One had shut down their account just sending a single check to Roman (site owner of BitFloor).
  • Regulators start to spook IAFCU, they cancel pending deal with TradeHill after TradeHill already announced that accounts were be moved over from TradeHills unregulated system to IAFCU Government insured and regulated account.
  • Blog Post from IAFCU, "Rocky Road is still one of my favorite flavors" discussing how they are suspending business with Corporate Bitcoin Clients. IAFCU Blog Link.

US Bank (Link)
         Wells Fargo
Documentation Needed.

Unknown Country

MetroBank

• Closed Intersango Account.

Global   

PayPal (Website)

OkPay ( Website )

WorldFirst FX

• Denies any bitcoin related business's application for an account.

Originally maintained by Isokivi @ https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/list-of-bitcoin-hostile-banks-edit-new-thread-see-first-line-189917

Pages:
Jump to: