Pages:
Author

Topic: Listing on exchanges has no effects anymore - page 6. (Read 1214 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 13
Time has pass when news or listing pumps price of a coin,it isnt 2013 or even the same climate as 2017. Newer projects are building some serious patforms that take time. News  cant just make a coin pump anymore, neither do exchange listings. Look at coins like Tron etc. being added to a new excahnge everyday. doesnt do anything. Its about results. No point in launching news in crypto environment, Hopefully you guys will join good projects with better future results....2019 is the year

it is because people are hurt this last crypto crash. And People who really dont know what they are getting into are giving up. And more and more sophisticated investors are going in, therefore, we should anticipate that the crypto will be less volatile in the coming few years which is a very good thing.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
Bitcoin is the currency of this age
The cryptocurrency space is still evolving, It amaze me when you expect  price pump this days via news relative to a token, base on value added to the cryptocurrency space, but this days reverse is the case, I feel this is due to the  bearish market trend we have experinece since 2018, hopefully when the correction is over, listing on exchange will have a positive impact.
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
Listing weak exchanges gives poor results. But listing on stock exchanges with huge volumes of daily trading and a large number of users can give results. And the coin after listing well add to the price.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
This is very true. Listings have no power now. But I think this is just a bad period of time. I expect something good in the future, as it was a year ago
Activity: 560
If the project is useless, then listing it on any exchange will not raise the price, only speculation. Unfortunately, it is a fact.
Activity: 854
Merit: 10
There are coins and in fact I have seen some coins whose prices got triggered by exchange listing news, but the effect was not a lasting one, because after it might have listing, the price will go back to where it was or even below.
Although, this effect can only be seen or can be found to be obvious on new coins.
Most coins that have been existing for quite some time, can get their prices triggered by development on their platform.
Activity: 1203
Merit: 508
Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos
The account was hacked between 29.01.2018 and 04.02.2019. All posts made during this period were not made by me.

Please see this topic:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.49582645
Activity: 546
Merit: 12
yeah. It really has not enough effects and that is what we term that a lot of people in crypto are in great despair. Anyways i think whatever problems a token or project may have will be so big that just listing it on an exchange may not be the only requirements seriously needed.
Activity: 1193
Merit: 251
I agree, in fact, any news about cryptocurrencies and also about the listing of some coins even on the top exchange ceased to create the effect of growth.

All this is due to the falling market and the tight sale of coins immediately after the listing.Remember what a fuss was just 1 year ago. Everything was just happy for the listing. Many projects immediately after listing gave x.I hope that in 2019 the situation will be the opposite.Waiting, believing.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
Time has pass when news or listing pumps price of a coin,it isnt 2013 or even the same climate as 2017. Newer projects are building some serious patforms that take time. News  cant just make a coin pump anymore, neither do exchange listings. Look at coins like Tron etc. being added to a new excahnge everyday. doesnt do anything. Its about results. No point in launching news in crypto environment, Hopefully you guys will join good projects with better future results....2019 is the year
Time has changed a lot and the way in which the market behaves, earlier you could see a pump in the price when it is listed on a new exchange prior to 2018 but the whole landscape changed after the big rally in bitcoin and more serious investors started coming into the market, the price wont react to each and every news, i still remember the days when a coin is listed in some major exchanges the price would shoot up but i noticed that trend change last year and i lost some money because of that trend reversal, rather than the price going up the price went down in my experience after getting listed in major exchanges. The token i am talking about is PundiX which pumps news after news in social media platforms but the price keeps on dipping.
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
In this period bear all the certainties that were there before there are not anymore, we must understand what will be the new trend, change is inevitable
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
I agree that the appearance of new coins or tokens on good exchanges is no longer displayed on the value of the coin. But in any case, it is at least nice that the project in which you invested, did not choose any slag exchange, only to have it.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
Unfortunately, we are in such a period. Listed on the exchange sometimes cannot prevent the price to hit the bottom. However, the listing on the exchange 1 year ago was proof that the project was successful.
Last time one coin get listed in Livecoin but it didn't  get dumped. I was curious about reason and started to research the unusual case. Starting price was pegged to 1BTC while ICO price of coin was around 2$. New trick is all about to prevent dumping for a new listed coin with fixing price to high numbers and it worked.
Activity: 602
Merit: 106
I consider this fact mostly true, but there are exceptions. When you are mentioning "exchanges" then there are many of them, some really well-known and used and others that are placed in the shadow of the ones that get high traffic.

When a coin gets listed in Binance, OKEx, CoinBene, etc you still get a nice price jump. Smiley
Activity: 445
Merit: 100
Listing on the exchange has an effect, but only if it is a popular and safe exchange with a large number of active users, and if the exchange has a bad reputation then the listing will have no effect on the price, as we can see today with many fresh tokens.
Activity: 630
Merit: 101
I think that it depends on the coin and on its liquidity. If a non-liquid coin appears on a large exchange, this will greatly affect the price of this coin. The appearance of a coin on new exchanges may increase the number of people who own this coin.
copper member
Activity: 411
Merit: 1
Maturity is gradually setting in to crypto space, pump and dumps are gradually dying in effect to that. The set of investors we have now have been around since the crash in 2018 and have studied the trend for a long time. It'll only happen when there's a Bullrun, because FOMO will set in without control.
Activity: 987
Merit: 254
Unfortunately, we are in such a period. Listed on the exchange sometimes cannot prevent the price to hit the bottom. However, the listing on the exchange 1 year ago was proof that the project was successful.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
Most new tokens barely reach an exchange because their owners do not want to pay for exchange listings and when new tokens and projects reach an exchange, if they are ever lucky enough to, most people sell right away and at a loss because they do not look at crypto backed projects as proper businesses and as long term investors, like venture capitalists and angel investors in traditional set ups who may invest for five or ten year periods in a new venture or growing business. We all need to change our attitude in crypto if we want to see real progress in this field and arena of technology and fintech. Let us see what 2019 will bring to the table and if attitudes will change and we all become more mature in this space.
Activity: 686
When good coins get listed on famous exchanges, we can huge pump of 20-30% in the coins. When coins get listed on exchanges like Binance, Okex, Coinbase, we can see substantial rise in coin prices.
Give recent examples, please. The fact is that those assets that I have seen have lost a lot in price after the new listing.
Pages:
Jump to: