Author

Topic: Litecoin is officially dead - page 112. (Read 290699 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Litecoin Association Director
May 26, 2015, 10:46:57 PM
Back from the dead.

Well the forum is back I guess by extension litecoin came back as well
Still trading at 2.15 a LTC at cavirtex a far cry from its 10-12 dollar days though.
I guess its buy 5 get 1 free compared to last year lol...

When Bitcoin stops dying from $1200 to $200-$250 Litecoin will stop dying at ~$2 Tongue.

I'm not sure how more obvious it can be that the prices are intertwined so significantly. BUT even with that said, I do admit that the ratio went down by quite a bit. This is the unfortunate double edged part of the sword where being the natural trading pair isn't always a good thing :\.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
May 26, 2015, 08:19:19 PM
Back from the dead.

Well the forum is back I guess by extension litecoin came back as well
Still trading at 2.15 a LTC at cavirtex a far cry from its 10-12 dollar days though.
I guess its buy 5 get 1 free compared to last year lol...
Activity: 756
May 26, 2015, 06:40:28 PM
Back from the dead.

ikr, when is it going to be officially alive again?

I wonder when it'll break up. 
Activity: 714
Merit: 504
May 26, 2015, 06:31:00 PM
Back from the dead.
Activity: 770
May 21, 2015, 08:23:20 AM
Honest question.  

If I'm someone who has never used a cryptocurrency before, why should I speculate/use litecoin over Monero?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7304748

but don't stop using Monero. BTC, LTC and XMR are the big 3 that make up the cryptocurrency triforce (That, and technically Monero is better than both).

I'm sorry, but the tech behind dash is far better in my opninion then Monero...

Very much the opposite. Dash's masternode network centralizes the coin as 99% of nodes are hosted online...on you guessed it, centralized servers. Also, Dash only provide coinjoin(mixing) anonymity, of which can eventually be unraveled. And finally, Dash's masternodes are PoS, and get paid for doing basically nothing compared to miners.

Then, there's also the 2million+ coin instamine scam that occured with Dash. It's developer likely profited immensely from that scam.

Cryptonote coins like Monero provide the highest anonymity depolyed for cryptocurrencies, and beats Dash in every field.
legendary
Activity: 938
BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR
May 21, 2015, 02:25:19 AM
Honest question.  

If I'm someone who has never used a cryptocurrency before, why should I speculate/use litecoin over Monero?

but don't stop using Monero. BTC, LTC and XMR are the big 3 that make up the cryptocurrency triforce (That, and technically Monero is better than both).

I'm sorry, but the tech behind dash is far better in my opninion then Monero...
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
May 21, 2015, 01:38:27 AM
Yea litecoin is not dead its the silver of cryptocurrency.

Keep telling yourself that. It's nothing more than marketing that holds no water with currencies that can trade in decimal units.

hard to use that argument and not include BTC.....with the same wide brush...just saying.....

Activity: 574
May 20, 2015, 07:07:57 PM
Honest question.  

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021
If you don’t believe, why are you here?
May 20, 2015, 03:32:04 PM
No we gotta go sub $1 first

LTC had every opportunity to go sub $1 earlier this year and did not. There's just too much support. However, if it does, I think it will be a death spiral to oblivion. Let's see what happens over the next 100 days. Right now, I'm actually excited to see how this thing plays out and if LTC survives another year with a growing mining support: Get used to hearing about LTC in 2016. We'll be going to kindergarten.

tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
May 20, 2015, 02:21:37 PM
The truth is, as long as Litecoin is the second most liquid coin - and the most liquid alt - it is still alive.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
May 20, 2015, 01:15:42 PM
starting to think we are going to see a litecoin and continued doge runnup

1. the network is secure, too much hashpower and it isn't going away anytime soon
2. we have seen the ultimate bottom of these currencies, so we are moving into the holder and pump phase, never ending cycle

I think litecoin goes up to $4 from here pretty quick. Doge could see 100 satoshi...

i sure hope on doge at least on ltc was passed long ago.

doge has good community
Activity: 59
Merit: 10
May 20, 2015, 09:58:39 AM

Silver isn't dead in the real world, it's just not as valuable as gold just like Litecoin. I don't ever think Litecoin is going to be worth much, though. I think it had it's day and will never peak again though I'm sure it will gain some value back.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018
May 20, 2015, 04:03:02 AM

Keep telling yourself that. It's nothing more than marketing that holds no water with currencies that can trade in decimal units.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
May 20, 2015, 03:08:35 AM
No we gotta go sub $1 first
legendary
Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006
May 20, 2015, 02:19:58 AM
starting to think we are going to see a litecoin and continued doge runnup

1. the network is secure, too much hashpower and it isn't going away anytime soon
2. we have seen the ultimate bottom of these currencies, so we are moving into the holder and pump phase, never ending cycle

I think litecoin goes up to $4 from here pretty quick. Doge could see 100 satoshi...
Activity: 728
May 20, 2015, 02:15:35 AM
Activity: 812
Litecoin Association Director
May 20, 2015, 02:05:21 AM
Honest question. 

Same reason you would be speculative of Bitcoin over Litecoin. You most likely have heard about it more. Hence the elephant in the room when discussing cryptos (both the "Ive heard of it" and the speculative nature of it all, bitcoin included).
Activity: 770
Merit: 504
May 20, 2015, 12:16:39 AM
Honest question. 

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021
If you don’t believe, why are you here?
May 19, 2015, 05:06:54 PM
i think litecoin is not dead unless there are no one who trades it or use it or mine it

It's dead to the bagholders that come here pushing their own coins that haven't been around for a cup of coffee. It's dead to the people who don't see LTC supporters come on this board and act like 12 year olds in the school yard who just got pubic hair. It's dead to those that don't believe that LTC and technologies like it will change the world. It's dead to those who are dick-hurt that they didn't strike it rich, as though a bulk of fiat currency will make everything better in their lives. It's dead to those who demand instant growth and adoption. It's dead to people that don't believe in sleeping giants, because the thought of one's existence frightens them.

So when you order your coffee, you guys feel free to get a Double Ristretto Venti Half-Soy Nonfat Decaf Organic Chocolate Brownie Iced Vanilla Double-Shot Gingerbread Frappuccino Extra Hot With Foam Whipped Cream Upside Down Double Blended, One Sweet'N Low and One Nutrasweet, and Ice.

Us Litecoiners, we'll stick to black.

Activity: 490
37iGtdUJc2xXTDkw5TQZJQX1Wb98gSLYVP
May 19, 2015, 04:06:07 AM
i think litecoin is not dead unless there are no one who trades it or use it or mine it
Jump to: