Pages:
Author

Topic: Litecoin will see 10$ and above 2016 - page 18. (Read 36192 times)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0
January 27, 2016, 04:02:51 AM
Only if BTC suddenly rise more than we expect we can see 5$ but 10 $ looks ridiculous to me..
Reality is LTC slowly declines. Prove me if i'm wrong.

The dollar price of litecoin might rise in the future, but the price relative to bitcoin will drop if it is just a clone of bitcoin.
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
January 25, 2016, 09:28:25 AM
Let's just wait and see in the next Bitcoin SkyRocket

What will happen!

LTC moon, everyone knows hahahahahhahahaha

Cry haters!  Kiss
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
January 25, 2016, 06:14:04 AM
Only if BTC suddenly rise more than we expect we can see 5$ but 10 $ looks ridiculous to me..
Reality is LTC slowly declines. Prove me if i'm wrong.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
January 24, 2016, 11:30:02 PM
You should ask yourself, why invest in a coin which has no active development whatsoever?

hence we invest in litecoin because of its active development  Grin

Some of the goals the developers for 2016 are as follows:

Increase our software coverage by releasing a new wallet for iOS devices (LoafWallet) and improve existing ones (Android and Electrum).

Release Litecoin Core 0.12 which will feature block pruning, memory usage optimization, Tor stream isolation support and Tor hidden service support, improved signature validation using libsecp256k1, network performance improvements and additions (like ZMQ notifications) and many other changes. This will be a major release.

Add support for version bits (BIP9) which allows rolling out multiple soft-forks at once instead of doing them sequentially. This will rapidly accelerate the roll out of new features.

Add support for relative lock-time using consensus-enforced sequence numbers. (BIP68 and BIP112)

Add support for Segregated Witness.

Change P2SH address prefix to prevent confusion between Litecoin and Bitcoin addresses. This will require a hard fork and we would like to include any other changes which require a hard fork at the same time.

Add support for cross-chain atomic transfers.

Create a Litecoin sidechain to try out new opcodes, confidential transactions and other innovations.

Add support for the Lightning network protocol.

Great active development Smiley
January 24, 2016, 07:13:15 PM
Because Litecoin have liquidity, Pollak

Chineses loves litecoin (bitcoin and litecoin are controlled by chinese market, if you like or not)

Litecoin is on major chinese exchanges (like I said, Chinese people controls Bitcoin and Litecoin market)

Development? the only coin is Bitcoin, you can do 100000000000 developments, Bitcoin is the first and Will be the first

Litecoin hashate is stronger and have stability

But, to answer your question with only one line -> Chinese CONTROLS Bitcoin and Litecoin market and chinese LOVES litecoin

It's easy to understand, Chineses loves and end of the history

Bitcoin and Litecoin => The real cryptos

Other coins => Premined trash and chinese people does not care about them, so, if chinese does not like any cripto, development is a lose of time

Sorry for my bad english  Huh

No litecoin benefits shortly. First it rises and then it go down faster the bitcoin (like dogecoin and peercoin).
You should ask yourself, why invest in a coin which has no active development whatsoever?
Activity: 717
Merit: 501
January 24, 2016, 07:12:12 PM
No litecoin benefits shortly. First it rises and then it go down faster the bitcoin (like dogecoin and peercoin).

If it works, it works.
Activity: 182
Pollak
January 24, 2016, 06:15:01 PM
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
January 24, 2016, 02:58:19 PM
My opinion:

1 -> Never underestimate the Litecoin, just as China itself, the litecoin is a sleeping dragon;
2 -> If China wants to skyrocket LTC, they makes LTC skyrocket, and BTC's too;
2 -> If Bitcoin skyrockets to 1000, 1200, 1500, 2000 dollars, Litecoin will follow;
3 -> If bitcoin skyrockets, people will MASSIVE trade bitcoins for litecoins (BTC to LTC), because when the bitcoin rises in price, Litecoin always rises more than bitcoin and the profit is fenomenal.

Just my opinion and sorry for my bad english.

Best regards from Brazil  Cheesy

Cheers to you all friends!  Grin

all four are correct
i personally love ltc and dash rest of coin are unsafe for me, ltc never let me down and he never will
January 24, 2016, 02:11:46 PM
My opinion:

1 -> Never underestimate the Litecoin, just as China itself, the litecoin is a sleeping dragon;
2 -> If China wants to skyrocket LTC, they makes LTC skyrocket, and BTC's too;
3 -> If Bitcoin skyrockets to 1000, 1200, 1500, 2000 dollars, Litecoin will follow;
4 -> If bitcoin skyrockets, people will MASSIVE trade bitcoins for litecoins (BTC to LTC), because when the bitcoin rises in price, Litecoin always rises more than bitcoin and the profit is fenomenal.

Just my opinion and sorry for my bad english.

Best regards from Brazil  Cheesy

Cheers to all of you dear friends!  Grin
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
January 22, 2016, 11:34:23 AM
Yes, its possible. litecoin has been popular next to Bitcoin, its been widely used now in Hyips sites, because many people see its value

well IF you have (or can find at a good price 'unicorn' scrypt equip like Titans or Alcheminers)  I will use LTC as an example of 'difficulty rises'

When I turned on my orig knc Titan 350mh (got 306.1 2 dead dies) the difficulty of the network was 1169 gh

today the difficulty 'is' 1611 gh...and I think that is at the top end of as high as it has ever been....so if you use that as a 'range'

the difficulty of litecoin rise since I mined it (not counting the halving mind you) has gone up (again in the range between 1169 and 1611 as of today)

about 27.44% rise from Nov 8th? I think it was 2014 till today 1/21/16..that range is about what ..the last 2.5 months of diff rise for btc?

THUS from a 'large scrypt miner' point of view ( i also got a used titan march 2015 total of 2) and mining LTC at around 1.60 before halving more or less

This works VERY WELL for making LTC (holding some) and moving some to BTC ..you hold LTC you move some to BTC you ponder....you mine Smiley

So I have about 2k of LTC and moved the rest to BTC ..if I moved it all today to BTC it would be about 57 BTC ahead  and with 2 Titans I STILL clear above 500 usd

a month after electric

my point is LTC has 'usefulness' in speculation...China traders love it....it also has usefulness for the miners that DO have the equipment to still mine it vs

electric...due to the difficulty *up to this point* manageable....esp if you mined the vast majority before halving in the sub 2 buck range

this could change with new scrypt equipment....and I have 'mixed' feelings about that...but hell imho the price would have to be above 5 usd for LTC before

they jump in the pool for getting new scrypt out for data halls or the masses big time. .....who knows ...when it does happen imho it will be above 5 buck LTC ...till then we plod along with equip (scrypt) that exists now

IF BTC hits 650 as everyone seems to hope and if LTC keeps the ratio to btc it has now.....0.008 ltc to btc...that would mean 5.20 LTC

so there are many 'perspectives' or 'reasons' why LTC is 'chugging along' in its niche for trading and mining in my manner by many

sure.. it could all change...but the OP of this thread could be very right (thus my 2k of LTC as an aside ..just in case)

there is the 'real' although a point could be made....slight lets say ....possibility that IF BTC was to boom this year.....LTC could boom more as an 'alternative'

beyond expectations....as it has in the past....

but anyway....LTC in my view at least in the above examples...seems to chug along quite nicely.....so I will continue to go with the flow and mine LTC and

move most (but not all) to btc as the ltc to btc ratio tells me to.....

slow/steady...plodding is not necessarily bad with all the 'crypto' fud out there imho Smiley

anyway....we will see....just a perspective on why if you can still mine scrypt at an acceptable cost vs electric....LTC is the only way to go

and again I HOLD ltc I don't mine LTC to BTC daily on a multipool...the titans go 100% no errors on litecoinpool.org ..I got 4-6% error rate and 2% fee on multipools

so went with minng LTC....1.60 or so LTC before halving and the price now ....moving appropriately in 2015 put me more the 7k ahead

so again....find a niche....play the niche...a coin does not have to be all drama all the time to have usefulness...even if it is yoshi to btc's mario Smiley

anyway my view for what it is worth

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268
January 21, 2016, 01:48:46 PM
Sorry but i found nothing interesting about LTC .
Scrypt is bad for mining lot o heat..
And feather coin too.

The scrypt mining consumes more power in GPU. That is because it uses a lot of memory operation. Bitcoin mining does not stress GPU as much.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain
January 18, 2016, 04:10:21 PM
Litecoin is now slightly above $3 and Litecoin does not seem to rise faster than Bitcoin. If Litecoin manages to rise to $10, Bitcoin will be more than $1,000 per piece. There is no point in buying Litecoin now.

If btc comes over1000 then ltc will be 10 orover no other way for it
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
January 18, 2016, 03:31:39 PM
Sorry but i found nothing interesting about LTC .
Scrypt is bad for mining lot o heat..
And feather coin too.
Activity: 728
January 18, 2016, 12:05:41 PM
If you look here you'll find an example indicating the large increase in trading volume Litecoin has demonstrated in the last six months. If you take a look at the blockchain additional millions have changed hands outside of the exchange environment.

https://cryptowat.ch/okcoin/ltccny/1w

This level of activity indicates interest in the coin. Adoption by any US based exchange and/or payment processor this year will only increase popularity.

Activity: 1036
Merit: 253
January 18, 2016, 11:56:11 AM
Yes, its possible. litecoin has been popular next to Bitcoin, its been widely used now in Hyips sites, because many people see its value
legendary
Activity: 1344
January 18, 2016, 11:50:53 AM
Litecoin is now slightly above $3 and Litecoin does not seem to rise faster than Bitcoin. If Litecoin manages to rise to $10, Bitcoin will be more than $1,000 per piece. There is no point in buying Litecoin now.
January 18, 2016, 10:55:39 AM
kelsey -  I have to admit a sense of amusement by the position in the thread of azguard's posting.
legendary
Activity: 1876
January 18, 2016, 09:18:26 AM

this wont happen cuz no one is developing ltc for long time so he will still be pulled by BTC

if you'd bothered to read the above links you know your comments are simply not true. at this point in time its being better developed then bitcoin, because as coblee puts it; litecoin can take risks, and well we all know the battles happening around bitcoin core team.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
January 18, 2016, 09:05:54 AM
It seems Litecoin can't really stand on its own always following bitcoin's footstep.

these two coins are too related... every time btc dump ltc the same and vice - versa .
If Ltc couldn't broke this linking couldn't become "independent" ....

this wont happen cuz no one is developing ltc for long time so he will still be pulled by BTC
January 16, 2016, 06:45:07 PM
If the developers wouldn't be this lazy we could see some price action happening.
But with no developments for over a year, i say we will never see 10 dollar again.

Those days are long gone.

Please look here to learn about the development situation for 2016:

https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/3z2ta1/ama_official_litecoin_developers_and_litecoin/

Please go here to be aware of new releases in past year:

https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/releases

Pages:
Jump to: