Pages:
Author

Topic: Litecoin will see 10$ and above 2016 - page 21. (Read 36192 times)

Activity: 114
Merit: 10
if i can't save earth, i'll damn sure avenge it
January 07, 2016, 10:03:08 AM
With such high hopes regarding price jumps for litecoin would it be possible for new users to mine LTCs solely on their own using their GPUs/CPUs or do we gotta do some heavy lifting (i.e. buy minig rigs for litecoin)Huh
Just asking

And on another note Dux2K you should check out Cryptsy once again if you haven't done so for some time. That's cause its been going around that the site is showing problems regarding paying its users and has become insolvent or something. Seriously, check it out as soon as you can.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain
January 07, 2016, 05:01:45 AM
I hope for some change in price cuz my coins are still on cryptsy can transfers it it takes days
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
January 07, 2016, 04:56:30 AM
The last rise of ltc cooming from a big china ponzi/scam ...
I hope they go up again... but in the while I have selled some months ago for 0.01 each one ltc.
Not bad, as I can see today is 20% undervalued.

Yeah most asics are from china so they pump or dump the litecoin price every while.
It's just waiting for the next pump to happen.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
January 07, 2016, 04:20:54 AM
I hope they go up again... but in the while I have selled some months ago for 0.01 each one ltc.

Look at the LTC charts and compare them to BTC and other alts which made it to the moon in the past   Smiley
Activity: 896
Merit: 521
January 06, 2016, 11:31:07 AM
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
January 06, 2016, 10:56:50 AM
LTC may penetrate $ 10 or more in 2016 with a look at current developments, and will definitely have an impact on the difficulty of getting free LTC
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
January 06, 2016, 06:20:04 AM
yes we can see price above 10$ but for what
most of miners that i know moved from ltc to some other (on my opinion mistake) cuz they chase fast profit
im on other hand for stable profit make small amount and in the right moment sell or exchange for btc (i mean on all altcoins)

yeah I do the same myself.....someday my Titan miners will go 'doorstop' then less stress..just sit back and yell in BTC Chat about the btc price...and such ....good to have goals Smiley

but as my previous post says...somewhat 'stymied' at the moment due to circumstances of being a legal miner in the USA and 'tag'd as such by the IRS....

On the other hand if LTC keeps its more or less  0.01 ltc to btc ratio into 2017 I'm golden....(not now it sucks 0.00808 ltc to btc) so a guy can hope Smiley

LTC whale whether I want to be or not...it is the only prudent option as long as it is great to mine these 2 titans to LTC ......

silly hobby Smiley jeez I drank too much BTC kool aid back in the day Smiley

i know the felling i dont mine but i know how this fells
i sure hope to see ltc above 0.01
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
January 05, 2016, 05:40:12 AM
most of miners that i know moved from ltc to some other (on my opinion mistake) cuz they chase fast profit
im on other hand for stable profit make small amount and in the right moment sell or exchange for btc (i mean on all altcoins)

yeah I do the same myself.....someday my Titan miners will go 'doorstop' then less stress..just sit back and yell in BTC Chat about the btc price...and such ....good to have goals Smiley

but as my previous post says...somewhat 'stymied' at the moment due to circumstances of being a legal miner in the USA and 'tag'd as such by the IRS....

On the other hand if LTC keeps its more or less  0.01 ltc to btc ratio into 2017 I'm golden....(not now it sucks 0.00808 ltc to btc) so a guy can hope Smiley

LTC whale whether I want to be or not...it is the only prudent option as long as it is great to mine these 2 titans to LTC ......

silly hobby Smiley jeez I drank too much BTC kool aid back in the day Smiley

legendary
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
January 05, 2016, 05:29:32 AM
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
January 05, 2016, 03:10:11 AM
Heh ...10 buck LTC will happen at around 1,200 usd BTC (just saying no need to throw stuff at me in the thread here...ducks....)

but would be nice..I'm sitting on 1675 ltc and mining 195 ltc a month on 2 titans ...due to the fact I'm a 'legal miner in usa..ie IRS has me 'tag'd as btc wildlife" ....(bank in 2013
had issue with me sending 10k to knc for btc miners then (they said i sent 90k) bank errror ..but they told SEC...because you know btc is 'evil' ...so I had to file because
of the newly released 2013 IRS crypto guidelines..so they tried to hang me up....nice to toss down legit biz tax forms told them FU....so SEC is cool..all was resolved and
with 25% equip deduction it all comes out even steven..pain in the ass thou it is)

ANYWAY...I can ONLY move LTC to BTC at the price I mined it for..thus the 1.30 last summer etc and halving etc ....I'm 1,675 ahead...can't move the coin for 1 year or 1 day
or 40% capital gains on the profit made (thus I hoard) ..it is nice that hoarding LTC worked out for me..but only making like 195 ltc a month on Titans....soooooooo...

I will be an LTC whale till 2017 at least don't ya know (prob will have 3k by 2017 in which I will be able to move 1k to BTC ..thus still 2k LTC whale)

So anyway with the above in mind I FRIGGING HOPE THE OP IS CORRECT AND $10 BUCK LTC ..I will of course LIE and remove all posts that I had no frigging idea how this
would work out and claim in the future it was all genius planning on my part.....evil genius that I am (or was 20 years from now when I lie about this) Smiley

So....frigging OP of this thread better be right....I would be so golden Smiley (have a deep fear I have 'too much' in common with the folk of old in myth 'beanie baby collectors' shudder)

whatever...you deal with the hand you are played...at least have paid  NO taxes with the equip depreciation etc it is a wash (2 years to go ..5 year plan as home biz)

so it goes...I'm a 'reluctant' LTC whale (have moved 31 btc worth from LTC thou.....).....

anyway some of this holding by the big boys of crypto in BTC and LTC from data halls (in the usa anyway) MAY be partially due to the above like my case Sad
legendary
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
January 05, 2016, 12:14:25 AM
I don't mean to suggest that an individual block is four times the size but, that the sum of the four blocks is.

Oh, I got you. Never mind then.

Cheers

Does that mean your buying the beer?  Grin

Sure! (Bitcointalk needs a tipping bot...)
Activity: 728
January 04, 2016, 11:38:55 PM
I don't mean to suggest that an individual block is four times the size but, that the sum of the four blocks is.

Cheers

Does that mean your buying the beer?  Grin
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
January 04, 2016, 11:02:35 PM

Cheers
January 04, 2016, 10:50:40 PM
@ the last few posters

Litecoin suffers from the same scalability issues as Bitcoin, because its code is heavily based on Bitcoin. Litecoin, as it exists today, is not a solution to cryptocurrency scalability.

Yet, I still own some Litecoins because the network effect is the holy grail of features any cryptocurrency could ever dream of having.

I agree scalability is the issue for both coins. Bitcoin is hitting that wall now. With four times greater capacity it will take longer for Litecoin to reach that wall. Until these problems are solved Litecoin makes an excellent choice as a Bitcoin alternative. This will likely result in an increase in price.

Litecoin doesn't have four times greater capacity, it doesn't have any greater capacity to handle more transactions than Bitcoin does... that what I was getting at. It has four times quicker confirmation speeds, which in turn are 1/4 as secure as Bitcoin's confirmations. Confirmation speeds have nothing to do with scalability, as far as how many transactions the cryptocurrency can process per second (which is what you are alluding to when saying "transaction capacity".) Because Litecoin is heavily based on Bitcoin, it has very similar scalability issues.

I have not disagreed that litecoin has similar scalability issues. Litecoin effectively has four times the block size of bitcoin. I don't mean to suggest that an individual block is four times the size but, that the sum of the four blocks is. This permits four times as many transactions in a ten minute period. This is my understanding based on what I've read. If having an effective block size four times larger does not permit more transactions I've completely misunderstood the current disagreements on Bitcoin block size.
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
January 04, 2016, 10:29:28 PM
@ the last few posters

Litecoin suffers from the same scalability issues as Bitcoin, because its code is heavily based on Bitcoin. Litecoin, as it exists today, is not a solution to cryptocurrency scalability.

Yet, I still own some Litecoins because the network effect is the holy grail of features any cryptocurrency could ever dream of having.

I agree scalability is the issue for both coins. Bitcoin is hitting that wall now. With four times greater capacity it will take longer for Litecoin to reach that wall. Until these problems are solved Litecoin makes an excellent choice as a Bitcoin alternative. This will likely result in an increase in price.

Litecoin doesn't have four times greater capacity, it doesn't have any greater capacity to handle more transactions than Bitcoin does... that what I was getting at. It has four times quicker confirmation speeds, which in turn are 1/4 as secure as Bitcoin's confirmations. Confirmation speeds have nothing to do with scalability, as far as how many transactions the cryptocurrency can process per second (which is what you are alluding to when saying "transaction capacity".) Because Litecoin is heavily based on Bitcoin, it has very similar scalability issues.
January 04, 2016, 10:19:21 PM
@ the last few posters

legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
January 04, 2016, 10:08:59 PM
@ the last few posters

Yet, I still own some Litecoins because the network effect is as close to the holy grail of features as any cryptocurrency could ever dream of having.
January 04, 2016, 10:01:49 PM
LTC is a improved BTC, but not future-safe. For now it us superior in usability but nothing forbids any other coin to become better than litecoin

Improved? How? Four times the coin supply and one quarter the block time is not an improvement. Scrypt vs SHA256, again, not "improved" by any stretch.

Four times the transaction capacity is definitely an improvement unless you ignore bitcoins current problems (feel free it won't make it go away). Not to mention anti-spam. And frankly having used both coins the one quarter block time and faster confirmation is an improvement as well. I'll agree that coin supply or Scrypt is not an improvement or detrimental...just different.

The odd thing is that this capacity problem and how it would have a negative impact on adoption was being discussed years ago. Well it's here.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018
January 04, 2016, 09:53:32 PM
LTC is a improved BTC, but not future-safe. For now it us superior in usability but nothing forbids any other coin to become better than litecoin

Improved? How? Four times the coin supply and one quarter the block time is not an improvement. Scrypt vs SHA256, again, not "improved" by any stretch.
January 04, 2016, 02:10:47 PM

I agree completely.

One of the biggest fallacy put forth by bitcoin only proponents is that since bitcoin is currently divisible to eight decimal places that no other cryptocurrency is needed. The fact is bitcoin will never be capable of the number of transactions that adoption suggests: making the number of potential divisions meaningless. Even if both Litecoin and Bitcoin were fully adopted together they would not be capable of keeping up transactionally if accepted by the general public.

In the current situation (very little adoption) Litecoin is positioned to pick up Bitcoins slack. The fact is if Bitcoin proponents don't accept and encourage additional coins the current bottleneck will drive new users away. They may come up with a solution that will temporarily relieve the bottleneck by increasing blocksize; but, if adoption occurs people would once again have to abandon bitcoin to complete transactions elsewhere.

There may well be another coin waiting in the wings as a future replacement. In the current environment Litecoin is the most likely candidate to compliment Bitcoin. So this year and in the near future Litecoin usage and therefore value will likely increase.
Pages:
Jump to: