Pages:
Author

Topic: Long term OIL - page 56. (Read 91718 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
January 09, 2016, 12:26:15 PM
The next 10 years we will see a big change, i think the price is going to shoot into the sky with the way everything is atm.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Large scale, green crypto mining ICO
January 09, 2016, 11:38:16 AM
OIL? This is the first time I hear about investing in OIL. I will not do it any time soon. The bad days are ahead, the big recession is coming soon.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014
January 09, 2016, 08:45:32 AM
Who wants to invest in oil? That's pretty stupid. The oil price now is shit.

Invest when there is blood inthe streets it is said.
Right now there's a battle in the oil industry going on. No one knows how long this will continue.But one day it will end.And prices will react. So there will be people speculating for a future price increase.If this is wise or smart is a different question.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
January 09, 2016, 07:51:36 AM

usually many smart investors invest in something when the price is low when everyone else fear that market, so they can gain more in the case of a sudden increase

There is a reason why the price is low, and its not just fear in the market.
There is a difference between low price (compared to previous years) and undervaluation.

yes i'm not saying to follow this rule blindly, but usually it work in that way, there are some case in which simply the market is that, i didn't follow oil too much, so i'm not sure why it is low right now

if it is something that happen recently(soem months ago) than my position stand, if it is a downtrend from many years then yes it something different than being udnervaluation

but keep in mind, that some market can remain lower in price, while being unvervaluted...
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064
January 09, 2016, 06:49:51 AM

usually many smart investors invest in something when the price is low when everyone else fear that market, so they can gain more in the case of a sudden increase
Do you think that oil price will jump in near future? It does not seem so but it may be increase a bit.

The experts don't think so and they have their reasons - slowdown in China, over capacity, American shale production can come back online if price increases, etc.
Of course, war in the Middle East could change that.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
January 09, 2016, 05:16:46 AM

Do you think that oil price will jump in near future? It does not seem so but it may be increase a bit.
legendary
January 09, 2016, 03:58:41 AM

There is a reason why the price is low, and its not just fear in the market.
There is a difference between low price (compared to previous years) and undervaluation.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 275
January 09, 2016, 03:54:24 AM

usually many smart ivestors invest in soemthing when the price is low when everyone else fear that market, so they can gain more in the case of a sudden increase

Just do not invest too early. We might need to wait another 6-9 month to invest or when there are many companies in trouble.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
January 09, 2016, 03:50:33 AM

Activity: 469
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
January 09, 2016, 01:46:50 AM
Activity: 1414
Merit: 574
January 09, 2016, 01:34:58 AM
Long term oil could be under 30 us dollars, because right now people use renewable energy in their daily activities.
Activity: 140
January 08, 2016, 02:14:32 PM
As the china bubble bursts oil will follow, I don't see how it can recover, maybe if Saudi Arabia and Iran start getting confrontational with each other and somehow the price goes up, other than that it all points down.

Then again, who I am to predict the oil market, it's probably one of the most manipulated out there, and id rather stay all-in in Bitcoin because Bitcoin has in-built features that are ready for the future and desirable long term. Oil is not desirable long term, as technology will move on from it.

I have a feeling technology will also make bitcoin obsolete as well .... so I know it probably won't happen in our lifetime, but if that's a reason for not investing in oil you probably shouldn't be investing in bitcoin either.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
January 08, 2016, 01:37:16 PM
Then again, who I am to predict the oil market, it's probably one of the most manipulated out there, and id rather stay all-in in Bitcoin because Bitcoin has in-built features that are ready for the future and desirable long term. Oil is not desirable long term, as technology will move on from it.

You don't buy oil in real barrels, you mostly buy oil futures (or options, for that matter) which expire at a set date

To add to that, the amount of oil futures/options traded is multiple times the volume of oil physically traded.
It is a giant speculative market.  Smiley

Indeed, which is why precisely it's better to just speculate with Bitcoin, which has a very solid foundation to become an useful asset in the long term. I still don't see the point of being involved with oil unless you are waiting for that magic "last pump" to happen under a perceived cheap price, but perception can be deceiving.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1171
January 08, 2016, 07:06:09 AM
Yesterday it was lower then 35 I think... So much about this preditcion. Well it will be interesting to see what will happen with oil and gas in future, but my opinion is that us is in war with russia, and that is one way to cut someones income very good.
Activity: 182
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
January 08, 2016, 06:50:03 AM
Don't even start with oil. People are beginning to look for ways for cleaner energy than oil. Oil may be over as we knew it. It may never go quite as

high as it once was as cleaner energy is looked for. Begin to invest in research for cleaner energy and clean energy companies, is all I can think

about.. Cleaner energy companies and clean energy is better than investing in oil by now.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
January 08, 2016, 06:28:44 AM

You don't buy oil in real barrels, you mostly buy oil futures (or options, for that matter) which expire at a set date

To add to that, the amount of oil futures/options traded is multiple times the volume of oil physically traded.

You should also add all sorts of ETFs (and whatever else shit that I dunno about, lol) which are second-tier derivatives of oil futures and options
legendary
January 07, 2016, 09:12:45 PM

legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
January 07, 2016, 02:50:55 PM

Activity: 770
Merit: 509
January 07, 2016, 02:44:33 PM
As the china bubble bursts oil will follow, I don't see how it can recover, maybe if Saudi Arabia and Iran start getting confrontational with each other and somehow the price goes up, other than that it all points down.

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010
In Satoshi I Trust
January 07, 2016, 02:39:29 PM
Oil will rise to 180

When post was made price for UK oil was 36.55

Targets:
Short term 20-25
Long term 180

Long term prediction could be fullfiled between 2017-2019

i share your view. the recession is just starting, 20-25 USD is realistic.
Pages:
Jump to: