Author

Topic: Long term vs. Short term - page 102. (Read 11521 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 13
February 10, 2018, 03:20:22 AM
Short-term is quite profitable, but it requires a lot of time and knowledge in trading, so it is also very risky for you. I chose long-term investment, because i don't have much time. I prefer to find out perspective coins and buy it for a year or more. I know several traders that prefer long-term to short-term due to the fact that it is easier and almost as profitable as trading.
Activity: 133
Merit: 10
Blockchain with solar energy
February 10, 2018, 03:11:17 AM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?

I prefer long term when handling my portfolio and for me it has lesser risks compared to doing short term. Specially since I still work in a full time job and is having a hard time giving extra time for part time jobs which is why it is very compatible for me to just hold and wait for the time being and I find it much more profitable and less of a hassle.
Activity: 484
Merit: 101
February 10, 2018, 03:08:42 AM
I like the long term holding because they will cost me less time to do the trading and I also can make a lot of money in it. I think the trading of short tie take too much time.
Activity: 242
February 10, 2018, 03:04:38 AM
 a majority of the portfolio should be in BTC imo. For a short-term XVG worked great for me. I sold it 3 times with 2x to 3x profit and bought when dump happened.
Activity: 392
Merit: 2
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP
February 10, 2018, 02:58:10 AM
As of current circumstances the long term holding strategy is good because market is recovering, once it's recover then shot term will also workout.
Activity: 294
February 10, 2018, 02:49:03 AM
I prefer long term that's why im holding my bitcoin because I know someday its going to be worth it. Im also holding some coins temporarily for profits but most of the time these coins are only for short term.  Wink
Activity: 75
Merit: 0
February 10, 2018, 02:20:47 AM
For  low-mid market cap altcoins, I think that it will be risky to hold longterm. Otherwise, Eth and most other top or large caps are stable enough.
Activity: 280
Merit: 3
February 10, 2018, 02:19:20 AM
Long term is definitely better for people who normally go to work. But if you shoot the right moonshot, you can sell early with a nice profit of course.
Activity: 280
February 10, 2018, 02:13:37 AM
I prefer long term which is Ethereum and Bitcoin than short term because there is believe that sooner or later the price will be high in market and loss in long term is not common to that of long term.
Activity: 262
Merit: 100
February 10, 2018, 02:04:57 AM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
Now it is very risky to collect a portfolio of coins for the short term, it seems that a new crisis is coming in crypto-currencies. But to take a few leaders is worth it, maybe it will play a bet on the future. At least this is the only correct decision.
Activity: 210
February 10, 2018, 01:56:43 AM
I do much prefer long term investment.Short term investment are more of a gambling, if the value goes down you would end in a big loss.when investing a good crypto currency like bitcoin,etheruem,dash,litecoin and some more as these coins are steadily increasing and it's popularity and demand are also increasing .Long term investment are the foundation of your savings .
Activity: 210
February 10, 2018, 01:55:01 AM
I prefer long term if you are very busy working on your full time real job. But if you are a full time investor or a trader then you can go short term; since being full-time in crypto world was the best in monitoring all your investments to make good profit.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 309
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
February 10, 2018, 01:42:44 AM

I think not everything should be the same on every altcoin. I have several plans for each altcoin that I hold. including in the framework of trade. so I think you should try to find more knowledge so that you know about investment.
Activity: 1112
Merit: 256
February 10, 2018, 01:18:46 AM
At the moment 95% of my investments are made for the long term. I think that in this economic situation it makes sense for me.

It all depends on when you invested - if it was at the end of December, and you bought around ATH, then you have no choice. But for people who have invested - let say year before - even that price can be very attractive..
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
February 09, 2018, 03:00:13 PM
At the moment 95% of my investments are made for the long term. I think that in this economic situation it makes sense for me.
Activity: 200
Merit: 1
February 03, 2018, 10:52:35 AM
Long term and short term investment has to do with the need of individual. Both are good in my opinion. Some people cannot invest in long term probably because of their overwhelming responsibilities. For me, I want to have investment in both. Long term investment pays a lot if we can hold on. A friend of mine sold all the tokens he got from a particular bounty for #400,000 naira. 2 months later, the equivalent of what he sold became 14million naira. At times we need to hold on for some time.
Activity: 462
February 03, 2018, 05:02:44 AM
And the moment for longterm investment i just make invest in Ethereum and Dash by portfolio 50% and other 50% for short trading. But all this investment now on floating minus but for day trading i just loss little bit from early capital. So actually day trading with good strategy will be less risk when the market trend down like this.
Activity: 266
February 03, 2018, 04:51:24 AM
in my view daily trading wont work in cryptocurrencies for some coins short-term and some coins long term in coin market cap first 50 coins are for long term and rest coin for short term
Activity: 392
Merit: 152
February 03, 2018, 04:28:13 AM
I hold most of my asset in cryptocurrency.
All I did was exchanging between different coins.
So I am long term in cryptocurrency, but short term in some altcoins.
Activity: 294
February 02, 2018, 08:55:37 PM

In my portfolio, long-term investments occupy 80% of the portfolio and about 20% short-term.
Jump to: